screen dimming...

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe so..I'd like to see a video of this supposed screen dimming people in this thread are talking about.

Wow really dude "supposed". Its an issue for many of us and its not us just being tech illiterate there really is an issue. I've reset per Nokia and still have this and the other touch screen issues.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow really dude "supposed". Its an issue for many of us and its not us just being tech illiterate there really is an issue. I've reset per Nokia and still have this and the other touch screen issues.

He's saying supposed because many of us aren't seeing it, and there hasn't been any real proof posted by folks, and usually when it is asked for...well this is the response given instead of an actual video.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Put up a video showing it then.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for doing this...also what the video doesn't show is that once it dims it stays that way. Just wanted people to understand he has nothing to do with there not being any intereaction. Thanks again for doing this.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
i do not have any videocamera here at work but Blackberry. Tried to capture 2 videos and i hope you will be able to notice dimming.

dimming2 - YouTube

dimming1 - YouTube

Thank you for doing this...also what the video doesn't show is that once it dims it stays that way. Just wanted people to understand it has nothing to do with there not being any intereaction. Thanks again for doing this.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
He's saying supposed because many of us aren't seeing it, and there hasn't been any real proof posted by folks, and usually when it is asked for...well this is the response given instead of an actual video.

And while that's fine to be sceptical we always don't have to be fast to dismiss each other either. We are all here for the same reasons and to support one another. So forgive me if I came off harsh but it was almost like we are just making this "supposed" issue up. I do believe people have better things to do with their time then to just fabricate issues.. at least i would hope. I will try to make a video if I can find the time today.

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for doing this...also what the video doesn't show is that once it dims it stays that way. Just wanted people to understand he has nothing to do with there not being any intereaction. Thanks again for doing this.

you are wellcome , could you been able to notice something on video?

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes....im going to try to make one later today so people who aren't having the issue can believe us. Not sure why we would make up such an issue but it appears that some people feel the issue doesn't exist.
Also I notice for me you just don't always know when its going to happen. Its just so intermittent.

Selahattin Kotay1

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes....im going to try to make one later today so people who aren't having the issue can believe us. Not sure why we would make up such an issue but it appears that some people feel the issue doesn't exist.
Also I notice for me you just don't always know when its going to happen. Its just so intermittent.
Exactly the same! dont know when its accuring! Today i wanted to prove it to my wife, 30min waited , locked screen unlocked and resarted. Problem has g?ne!! :confused: i came to work i looked at phone and problem came out again sommehow. Its really annoying

Brian Richman

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I just powered up my 1520 to read some messages by pressing the button the right side of the phone. Lock screen on the display.

I let it sit there for a few seconds as I moved something about on my table and then looked at the screen and saw the brightness dim a bit - by about 10%.

As soon as I tapped it to actually log in (enter password), the thing came up to full brightness again. Is this what you guys are seeing?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Amazing. Fellow users being compelled to "prove" to other users a specific issue. Happy holidays...

It's not about proving it. We are wanting to see the issue in action so we can understand what is being reported.

On top of that occasionally you do get folks reporting behavior that's normal as being anomalous.

Sometimes you even get reports of speed increases when none are present.

As someone who has spent time in QA it is always helpful to have visible evidence.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I hear you, and I certainly believe that is your motive for asking for video proof. But I see others in the thread using words like "maybe" and "supposed problem" and realize it's not the case for all. Know this: just because you aren't experiencing the problem doesn't mean others aren't.

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I hear you, and I certainly believe that is your motive for asking for video proof. But I see others in the thread using words like "maybe" and "supposed problem" and realize it's not the case for all. Know this: just because you aren't experiencing the problem doesn't mean others aren't.

I said supposed problem because often people think there's a problem when none exists or it is something entirely different. That's why I put up a video first to establish what normally happens. I wasn't able to see the problem in the other videos posted, will have to view them from my desktop.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
There are at least three different threads discussing this issue, and posts from seasoned WP users who know the difference between an issue and a setting being turned on or off. You aren't having the issue and I'm very happy about that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss