Glance Screen

Reflekt0r

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, new to the whole WP area, but recently i had a 1020 and noticed the clock moved around from time to time on the glance screen. I upgraded to the 1520 yesterday since i was still in my return window for the 1020, but i noticed last night the clock on the glance screen isnt moving, it just stays in the same place? is this a bug or just how it is on the LCD screen vs the 1020 screen, or a issue with just my phone?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this as well, the glance screen on my 925 and 1020 both moved around, 1520 doesn't. My only guess is the common denominator: amoled vs. LCD. I find it surprising that the glance screen is that smart, but I can't think of anything else. If the glance screen didn't move on the amoled screen, you'd end up with burn-in quickly.

Reflekt0r

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure i want to even use it on my 1520, i leave my phone plugged in all night and don't want to have it burned into the LCD, not sure if it would really happened, but i liked it moving even if it wont matter. I do like having it always displayed, the hit on battery life isnt that bad, and looks nice with the notifications now.

Reflekt0r

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
If you don't want it on during charge just switch the "alway on when charging" to OFF

I actually want it on, i just want to make sure it wont burn in. It doesn't change its spot on the screen anymore, just stays bottom left, and doesn't move around like the 1020 or other WP8 devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss