1520 att in store pick up

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems ATT is trying to take advantage of people. On their website yellow and white only give you the option to buy online and get it shipped. The black and red give you the option to ship or do in store pick up. I want a red one and my local store has one that they have been holding for me since yesterday and a few other in stock. If I go on att website and choose red and choose the in store pick up option, once i put in my zip code it says ther are 0 1520's in stock. Which is a lie because i have called 5 local stores and they all have them in stock. and the store i went to has a red one that they are still holding for me. It s their way of trying to get you to pay 199 instead of 99.00. I took advantage of the 99.0o promotion with the 1020 and did the in store pick up with no problems on Friday.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually I wasn't. Att admitted there's a glitch in the system as far as showing no stock in any store in the country and they said they could not honor the price at the store.

teoami

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how they are trying to trick anyone. You can get the $99 promotion in-store and on the phone as well. (You have to ask for it). I think it is just a matter of ATT's crappy inventory system.

Xabanak

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
On my way to the AT&T store locally, I called to make sure they had them in stock and asked if I can get the $99 online price in store. I was told that would not be a problem.

I showed up, and every single person working in the store told me that was not possible. They made sure to make a big deal about how it's literally not possible in their computer system, then after talking to them a while one of them stated "we were specifically instructed not do match that price on this phone, it's normally not a problem". So which is it?! "Not possible" or " Specifically instructed not to"?

I promptly left, and I will never use AT&T again. This kind of nonsense really pisses me off. If you're going to lie to my face about it not being possible in your computer system, stick with your story.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
They're are doing it because they want to cut rep commission and hoping that you will pay 199 for the phone. Every single store has stock. The white and yellow are on line only but when you check inventory for red or black there is not one single store in the whole country that shows having inventory on att website.

bjbaylor

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Told me the same thing, they won't honor the online price as it is an online promotion only. Once I found that out I promptly went to the windows store and picked it up. Much simpler that way and with better goodies plus they had white while att only had red and black.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After being here at the store and on the Phone with customer service for an hour i finally got them to let me pick up the Phone here and they credited my account 100.00. But I still payed 199 with credit card here at the store.

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have two local AT&T stores and the first one I called would not price match online prices and then the second one I called said they would. I spoke to a manager luckily so I was sure to get her name and asked for her when I went in. She got an associate to do the paper work with me and authorized the 50% discount no problem. I'm sure with five stores around you that one of them would have matched the price for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro