64GB MicroSDXC on Lumia 1520

neelagopi

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone try 64GB MicroSDXC (probably SanDisk) on Lumia 1520? Is it compatible?

SanDisk Ultra is up to 30MB/s... will it be good enough? or shop for extreme version (upto 80MB/s)

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I too am using a Sandisk 64gb Ultra microSDXC card without any issues.

I'm not sure that the phone is capable of writing at fast enough rates to take advantage of the Extreme models, nor are there any applications that I know of that would require such speed. The money would be better spent elsewhere.

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Also, I think the 1520 has a limit for its micro SD cards of 64gb.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong about this, but I believe the reason why 90% of microSD capable devices released in the past couple of years state 64gb Max capacity is only because nobody makes a microSD card larger than 64gb. I've read that they've been trying to make a 128gb microSD but it's not yet feasible for mass production. Should a 128gb microSD hit the market someday I don't see why a modern OS wouldn't be able to take advantage of the extra space.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Forgive the stupid question, but how do I install the card? I mean I know I turn the phone off, use the tool to open the door and put the card in, but when I turn the phone back on, is it ready to go or do I need to format something?

timgabrhel

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Forgive the stupid question, but how do I install the card? I mean I know I turn the phone off, use the tool to open the door and put the card in, but when I turn the phone back on, is it ready to go or do I need to format something?

When I installed mine, I got a popup that recognized the card was installed and asked if I'd like to use the SD card for pictures, music, etc. You can also configure this in settings somewhere.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
And then finally, I currently have my music on my phone's memory - I'm guessing I'll need to delete that and re-sync to get it on my card - the phone won't move the info on it's own right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro