Nokia Lumia 1520 Cases???

someoneinwa

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Belkin case when I got my 1520 from AT&T. It is as nice as you describe, but I ditched it for the Nokia case when I switched to the 1520.3 model. The reason: when you take a picture with this phone with almost any case, you can easily look like those folks taking pictures with their iPads or the dorky guy in the Nokia commercial with the Galaxy device because the cover of most cases is semi-rigid and just flaps around below the camera when taking pictures horizontally. The Nokia case cover is very flexible and can be folded up in your hand while holding the phone in a camera position. It doesn't flap around and thereby doesn't make your phone look even bigger than it already is. I also like that the Nokia case can be left on the phone and doesn't interfere with wireless charging.

gvp 1995

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Belkin case when I got my 1520 from AT&T. It is as nice as you describe, but I ditched it for the Nokia case when I switched to the 1520.3 model. The reason: when you take a picture with this phone with almost any case, you can easily look like those folks taking pictures with their iPads or the dorky guy in the Nokia commercial with the Galaxy device because the cover of most cases is semi-rigid and just flaps around below the camera when taking pictures horizontally. The Nokia case cover is very flexible and can be folded up in your hand while holding the phone in a camera position. It doesn't flap around and thereby doesn't make your phone look even bigger than it already is. I also like that the Nokia case can be left on the phone and doesn't interfere with wireless charging.

Could you please post the link where to buy Nokia case?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have just received Elegant Genuine Leather Soft Case Flip Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Black and my first impression is positive.

It feels solid, looks pretty good with a nice craftsmanship, and fits good too. I'm not a "leather"-expert, but it looks and smells like leather.

There was a small peace of leather inside the box, as sample material. I can see the backside of it, and that looks like a really nice leather with a fine structure. The whole case seams to be made of the same fine leather.

Is it leather? The reason I ask is because a friend got an case for his iPad from them and it was fake leather, when he complained they never replied. It then started to fall apart a bit and he took it off and left it by the radiator in his living room and it started to melt.

Cheers

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it leather? The reason I ask is because a friend got an case for his iPad from them and it was fake leather, when he complained they never replied. It then started to fall apart a bit and he took it off and left it by the radiator in his living room and it started to melt.

Cheers

I'm not a leather-expert, but it looks like leather to me, and smells like leather too. But if it's fake leather, then it's a good one. In case, it's a very speculative one too, because there was a small sample material inside the box, and that's clearly a nice leather.

Is there any non-destructive test to determine if it's leather or fake?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a leather-expert, but it looks like leather to me, and smells like leather too. But if it's fake leather, then it's a good one. In case, it's a very speculative one too, because there was a small sample material inside the box, and that's clearly a nice leather.

Is there any non-destructive test to determine if it's leather or fake?

I'm not sure what is the best way to tell but you I can tell most times. Some of the man made leather now is quite convincing, although BMW still haven't managed to master it in their cars.

I don't have anything against synthetic leather as long as it is made clear. I sometimes have a bad reaction to some man made leathers so I have to be careful and not use it.

If it is real leather then it is a good price for it and they have changed what they use to make their cases.

How well does the phone fit into it?

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
+1 for the Nokia flip case. I prefer it for the minimalist design. As mentioned, the cover can be rolled up thus becoming a grip when taking photos. I got it from eBay - open box.

I also bought a black nillkin fresh case. I like the magnetic catch, keeps the cover closed. However, I didn't like the glossy, sparkly back - looks tacky. It's also a bit bulkier than the Nokia version.

For some reason, on this phone, I prefer a case with a screen flap. I didn't feel that way for my other phones.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
One of the ways to test leather is to put it against flame.
Either via cigarette **** or by a lighter. The leather shouldn't burn. But... if it's fake, well, that sucks. lol.

Otherwise there isn't a great way to see if it's real/fake except for smell, feel and texture---but different leathers can feel different, and some synthetics are getting really good.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
One of the ways to test leather is to put it against flame.
Either via cigarette **** or by a lighter. The leather shouldn't burn. But... if it's fake, well, that sucks. lol.

Otherwise there isn't a great way to see if it's real/fake except for smell, feel and texture---but different leathers can feel different, and some synthetics are getting really good.

Man made leathers now even smell like leather. The flame test is probably not the best way to test if you want to keep using it but it is the only way to tell for sure unless your a leather expert.

I wonder at them putting a piece of leather in with the case, seems they are trying too hard to say here look it really is leather. I know if you buy some leather products they include a piece of leather but that is almost always for repair in case the product gets ripped and you need to get a repair done.

In saying that for the price he got the case for, if it isn't leather and he is happy with it then great and what difference does it make I suppose.

mouseglider

Jun 18, 2007
www.mouseglider.com
I just put the kickstand4u on my naked 1520 and I'm really enjoying it. I had a cheap kickstand case from amazon that I enjoyed using for the kickstand but it was so bulky and the kickstand has started to rattle pretty badly and is almost able to open on its own (just an annoyance but it really bothers me).

The kickstand4u matches nicely with the finish on my black 1520 and works great in landscape mode. Unfortunately it doesn't work in portrait mode but I won't be using anything in portrait mode with it anyway. It also helps with using it one-handed. I'm able to grip the kickstand with my fingertips and reach all of the screen with my thumb. I have to stretch for it but is nice in a situation where I only have one hand free.

Also, when I lay my phone down on its back none of it contacts the surface meaning my camera and back of the phone won't get scratched by setting it down.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Hello pararigger,

I sent you a PM about the kickstand4u mobile kickstand that I developed

mouseglider

Jun 18, 2007
www.mouseglider.com

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what is the best way to tell but you I can tell most times. Some of the man made leather now is quite convincing, although BMW still haven't managed to master it in their cars.

I don't have anything against synthetic leather as long as it is made clear. I sometimes have a bad reaction to some man made leathers so I have to be careful and not use it.

If it is real leather then it is a good price for it and they have changed what they use to make their cases.

How well does the phone fit into it?
It fits, but it's a tight fit. I didn't have any problem with fitting it inn, but couldn't remove it easily. It covers the screen properly too, while the cover of my good old Nokia-case was too flappy to protect the screen properly inside the pocket.

After reading o4komodo's and your comments, I'm thinking maybe it's synthetics leather. Generally the build quality and material is good for the price, if one can keep it from fire, LOL, I guess.

mouseglider

Jun 18, 2007
www.mouseglider.com
Hi Carlos Cruz, Where can i order "Nillkin case with kickstand4u" ?

Hello GaneshRam Dharmarajan,

Carlos Cruz order the kickstand4u mobile kickstand from here: Kickstand4u my latest endeavor - I don't know where he ordered the case, but he modified the case by cutting a rectangle in it to make the kickstand fit more flush - the case does not come that way.

I am the designer of the mobile kickstand that I call kickstand4u - if I can be of help please, let me know.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This case adds a little grip to the phone, which should help you NOT drop it. The purpose is not necessarily Otter Box like where it's encased in this blob of protection, but, minimal - enough to prevent the screen from hitting the hard surface (a lip around the front) if dropped & add some grip to mitigate dropping it. Mine also raises the camera lens (back) off a hard surface. (hmmm, I can post links, again)

bought this (originally): did NOT like the feel of the case, liked the holster.

Black Hard Case Cover Belt Clip Face in Out Holster for Nokia Lumia 1520 Phone | eBay

got this - much better, more comfortable, slimmer case & it fits previous holster ! (protects front of phone) much better looking & myriad colors / designs (adds about 33 % more thickness):

Amazon.com: CoverON? Slim Hard Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 with Cover Removal Tool - (Black Carbon Fiber): Cell Phones & Accessories

I figure I've invested ~ $15 against an accidental drop & ~$250 repair. The case I use currently is basically sacrificial, if it drops & the case breaks, cest la vie, I'll get another, as long as the phone is undamaged !
The myriad TPU cases are also an option, as long as they wrap around the front of the phone.

wynngd

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Has any of you guys know if there's an aluminum bumper case for 1520? I've been looking for one in a long time now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234