The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-01-2017 10:14 PM
797 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Hey guys

is it necessary to do a hard reset for the first time before using it ? ( for lumia 1520 )
    01-31-2014 04:53 AM
    Hey guys

is it necessary to do a hard reset for the first time before using it ? ( for lumia 1520 )

not necessary but I do it as a practice

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    01-31-2014 05:50 AM
    not necessary but I do it as a practice

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    And should we do any especial things after hard reset ?
    01-31-2014 05:56 AM
    And should we do any especial things after hard reset ?
    None really. Just set it up normally
    Genuine-Boy likes this.
    01-31-2014 06:41 AM
    have you guys with SD card problems tried using a class 6 SD card instead? I'm putting money on you using class 10 or newer. You'll have to order a class 6 online, they're an older standard.

9 times out of 10 this fixes any SD card issue with any device.
    Yep, Sandisk Ultra, Class 10. So buy a class 6? I don't even know where to get a Class 6 card. Amazon sells mainly Class 10 and I don't know if I want to buy one from an individual buyer
    01-31-2014 01:02 PM
    Mmm I guess I am having a problem with a burnt light in the upper right corner in the screen, in the light theme it becomes more apparent. Anyone having this issue???
    01-31-2014 09:37 PM
    Don't put pressure on it
    Ahmed El Hefnawy likes this.
    02-01-2014 01:21 PM
    What do you mean by "pressure" ???
    02-01-2014 02:04 PM
    Got a weird issue. Did a phone reset. Restored back my usual settings and now, Nokia Storyteller app does not want to install. Gives the error that it is not available for my phone (1520)
    I read somewhere that Nokia has pulled the app. They updated it a few days ago and there were some problems with it.
    02-01-2014 05:55 PM
    Got a weird issue. Did a phone reset. Restored back my usual settings and now, Nokia Storyteller app does not want to install. Gives the error that it is not available for my phone (1520)
    There were some problems after the last update so they remove it from the store.
    02-01-2014 06:51 PM
    Nokia 1520
    - Very bad touch (as in "can't use it without doing something wrong"). Been ranting in every blog about this. Affects everything from typing to browsing to selecting tiles.
    - Lack of Traditional Chinese with PinYin input (Prevents me from writing mails, sending text messages etc.).
    - No swipe keyboard. Input while moving is more prone to error.
    - Word prediction while typing doesn't work everywhere and is generally slow, very slow
    - Cursor can't be positioned between two characters in some areas. OS only allows for whole word selection in some apps or parts of apps. Prevents proper editing operations
    - Can't access of manage files in SD properly.
    - MS office can't read files from SD (hilarious) nor can open MS word password protected files (more hilarious, since all 3rd party software can on Android).
    - Screen brightness shows brightness changes also with all auto functions off.
    - Sometimes display shows negative images like when a PC graphic card is scaling to a worse resolution or before a graphic card is getting broken.
    - Skype won't allow to send files and videos.
    - File sharing with common apps is scarce or none in many apps that in Android give it for granted.
    - Calendars allow you to add appointments and events but won't allow you to modify them.

Terrible user experience overall.
    I think I counted one bug/defect in there...

The rest were OS or app complaints...not that they aren't valid. But no different than what I would hear on an iOS or Android forum for other reasons. Every phone/OS has it's strengths and weaknesses...I find the 1520 has very few in my use. I do hate the way the cursor positions compared to iOS, but it does work for me.

Will be interesting to see what 8.1 brings.
    Genuine-Boy and Dos101 like this.
    02-02-2014 06:09 AM
    Hi Mozman,

Actually, 3 defects
    - Oversensitiveness (last update installed). I can grant you i can't type an email straight, nor can browse the desktop without opening something i don't need to. Same everywhere. So to me it's a bug, a very limiting one.
    - Screen with odd behaviours (like showing negative images). Image disappears, then reappears in negative (like a landscape with mountains and a river shows only in pink and black). So it's a bug.
    - The screen brightness issue for me is not a complaint. It's a software issue that wasn't fixed (1520 comes out with Black update out of the box as you know). That's a bug too, for me.

Have a good weekend...mine is gone already :-)
    The last half of your post does not belong in this thread. Please move it to the appropriate thread or I will have to delete it.
    02-02-2014 10:59 AM
    Hi Mozman,

Actually, 3 defects
    - Oversensitiveness (last update installed). I can grant you i can't type an email straight, nor can browse the desktop without opening something i don't need to. Same everywhere. So to me it's a bug, a very limiting one.
    - Screen with odd behaviours (like showing negative images). Image disappears, then reappears in negative (like a landscape with mountains and a river shows only in pink and black). So it's a bug.
    - The screen brightness issue for me is not a complaint. It's a software issue that wasn't fixed (1520 comes out with Black update out of the box as you know). That's a bug too, for me.
    ...and I have not experienced any of those. Lucky me!
    02-02-2014 01:56 PM
    ...and I have not experienced any of those. Lucky me!
    Got my first 1520 last Sunday. Worked good for 5 days then main speaker went out. Were given a new phone, now the new one has the oversensitive issue.. I really like the phone but this is getting ridiculous.

I also have the 'issue' that the screen turns grey and the font looks thinner during phone calls. Had this issue on my 920 as well sometimes, but on the 1520 it happens all the time. Is this considered a bug? It really looks ugly...
    Last edited by bjorn909; 02-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    02-04-2014 04:07 PM

every Nokia phone does that and even the HTC 8x. It just seems to be particularly noticeable on the 1520
    02-05-2014 02:50 PM
    my lumia gets warm from the top around the camera while playing games. it does not get very hot but just feels a little uncomfortable to touch. i don't know if its a problem or its normal. does anyone else is experiencing this issue?
    02-05-2014 04:01 PM
    Tiny spec of dust under my screen !!!!!...
    Guys any of you experienced the same problem. I hate that, I baby my device all the time and today cleaning the screen I just noticed the tiny spec, it looks like a dead pixel (white) but it is not, even when I turn off the device it is still there.... Hope is not a similar problem as the lumia 920...
    Last edited by Juan Rondon; 02-07-2014 at 05:13 AM.
    02-05-2014 05:11 PM
    my lumia gets warm from the top around the camera while playing games. it does not get very hot but just feels a little uncomfortable to touch. i don't know if its a problem or its normal. does anyone else is experiencing this issue?
    happens to me too...only when playing games. Perfectly normal IMHO.
    02-05-2014 11:28 PM
    I ended up buying a Class 6 SD card but a different issue began. All my songs are duplicated. (I have xbox music off)
    02-06-2014 08:56 AM
    I'm dealing with my third Nokia 1520 with the same issue. There is a speaker pop that occurs when playing certain games or randomly when switching apps. Yesterday the speaker audio stopped working after I removed a wired headphone and was fixed by a soft reset. I've had one 32gb version from ATT, one 16gb version from ATT and a 32gb I got from Amazon. I'm disappointed that Nokia's flagship phone has so many problems, I don't know if this is hardware or software connected. I'm frustrated, it's a great phone in concept but these seeming wide spread problems are surprising as it's hard to see how they could have been missed with a good QC department. Anyone else having similar speaker pops.
    Genuine-Boy likes this.
    02-07-2014 09:26 AM
    yea, i also have it. it happens like 5 seconds after a sound is played, or when i skip songs.
    nokia just can't make a phone without faults... its my 6th lumia device, and every single one had something faulty.
    but i also noticed the crackling noise in my first lumia 920 (that was my 3rd lumia btw)...
    Genuine-Boy likes this.
    02-07-2014 02:37 PM
    Something went wrong with my dedicated camera shutter key. I can no longer use it to focus. But I still can activate the camera app by pressing the shutter key. It just cant focus and it will keep on taking photos until i press the back key. Anyone facing this problem ? Is this a bug or factory defects ?
    02-10-2014 06:26 AM
    Reading this thread puts me thinking, should i spend my money and buy the 1520? I want to give a try to WP but with all these problems im a bit scared.
    My Note 2 never had any major problem. Oohh its getting more confusing wether i should buy the Note 3 or the 1520...
    02-10-2014 10:20 AM
    Nokia has a beast warranty but if u r worried get a note 3.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 03:46 PM
    Of course im worried. Dont want to spend a good amont of money to get stressed up. You would be more kind if you stated that the problems are getting solved. Im not on a WP frum to say that the Note is better than 1520. I have the Note 2 and only can say what ive experienced. Im in this frum because i really like the 1520.
    02-11-2014 03:50 AM
797 ... 89101112 ...