Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

brunsta

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

thanks mate but no store updates outstanding but a phone update was. fingers and toes

*updated* hasnt fixed the issue :(

Last edited:

FinallyInSeattle

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

My 1520 had been working great until late last week. Then it became "possessed". Different apps would display on their own (Bing Search being the most common), the screen would scroll by itself, it would go into the apps list mode by itself and/or the screen would lock-up entirely. Took it to my local AT&T store and they suggested that I request to have it replaced. So ... the 2nd one is on its way - here's hoping.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I'm having a similar issue. If I activate the camera from the lock screen, I can take a photo ok but a) it is taking 2-3 shots at the one time and b) I cannot share the pic. If I choose share it rotates as if to give me other options then just returns to the photo. It loops around. This has been the past 2-3 weeks.

Tonight I have gone to send a pic from my camera roll via the Messages app. When I first clicked the paperclip then selected Message - it brought up the Photos selection but the word Photo was all over the screen. i went out and back in and it was ok. I could select the photio but it wouldn't attach to the message. So I tried to go via Photos and click Share > Messaging. Same thing. It will not attach photos.

I've power cycled but the problem still exists. It's just so annoying... Any fixes please?

I had these issues or similar issues to what you are describing. Here is what I did. I plugged my phone into my PC let it sync. Go to the Lumia 1520 file in the pictures library in file explorer and rename the file. That way you don't loose any pictures. Make sure all your pictures on your phone are saved on your PC in the newly named file. Next use file explorer on your PC to delete all the pictures on your phones SD card. Unplug the phone from the PC. Check photos on your phone. It will still show the pictures as being on the phone. It might try to update on its own if it does let it complete. Next delete all the pictures on your phone in the photos hub camera roll. Start taking pictures again duplicates will be gone. Next you can sync your old picture from your PC back to the phone just don't put them in the camera roll file.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I think you misread Dave. They aren't having the duplicate pic issue from how I read their post. They are having an issue with the camera button taking burst photos, and another issue where when the phone is locked and the camera used with corruption of the app interface and an issue with function after attempting to share them while still locked.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I think you misread Dave. They aren't having the duplicate pic issue from how I read their post. They are having an issue with the camera button taking burst photos, and another issue where when the phone is locked and the camera used with corruption of the app interface and an issue with function after attempting to share them while still locked.

I think its all tied together. When a picture file becomes degraded you have to purge the camera roll file on the phone to resolve some issues. To do that you need to delete the pictures from the SD card then remove the linked data from the photos hub. I had the issue where you can't attach photos take to SMS. When I purged the file everything want back to normal.

Am I misunderstanding the question? To note you have to unlock the phone to send pictures. That is by design as it should be.

brunsta

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

I had these issues or similar issues to what you are describing. Here is what I did. I plugged my phone into my PC let it sync. Go to the Lumia 1520 file in the pictures library in file explorer and rename the file. That way you don't loose any pictures. Make sure all your pictures on your phone are saved on your PC in the newly named file. Next use file explorer on your PC to delete all the pictures on your phones SD card. Unplug the phone from the PC. Check photos on your phone. It will still show the pictures as being on the phone. It might try to update on its own if it does let it complete. Next delete all the pictures on your phone in the photos hub camera roll. Start taking pictures again duplicates will be gone. Next you can sync your old picture from your PC back to the phone just don't put them in the camera roll file.

Thanks Dave I will try that tomorrow!

Ong0625

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Guys,anyone could clarify my below problems?

My Nokia Lumia 1520 getting hot when surfing WiFi for less than five minutes

Other than that.the phone keep foes to resuming... Status.

Additionally,the phone getting strange lag or spiky feeling in subway surfer and minion rush..

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I keep losing WiFi connection for example got to either update or download app it shows using cellular network instead of mi WiFi. And yes my WiFi is good I keep checking thinking its my modem .....but its not any help?

Hawk Tartaros

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Hi, i can make calls ands send sms messages but can not receive them.
My carrier is Tele2 (from The Netherlands) and i am suppose to be switched over on monday (because of the new micro sim).
But sinds yesterday i was able to make calls but can not receive them.
I am also able to use mobile internet.

The 1520 is an international import phone from Germany.

Anyone any idea of what might be the issue?
Maybe something i have missed?

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am getting to see the flickering shake of the screen that last less than a second. Hope Nokia or AT&T fix this in the next firmware update.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I'm back with another issue. When I go to the website wmpoweruser.com, the site doesn't render correctly. The text is a then strip in the middle of the screen or I get the mobile version of the site. My phone is set to desktop. On bgr.com the opposite happens. The images extend beyond the edges of my screen. Making it impossible to read articles. I had a ATT 920 until I got the 1520 in January. Never had these problems

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Ok, I'm back with another issue. When I go to the website wmpoweruser.com, the site doesn't render correctly. The text is a then strip in the middle of the screen or I get the mobile version of the site. My phone is set to desktop. On bgr.com the opposite happens. The images extend beyond the edges of my screen. Making it impossible to read articles. I had a ATT 920 until I got the 1520 in January. Never had these problems
that's not the phone, it is the website having some kind of CSS issues with the display

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

It's because the staff there are truly incompetent at web design unfortunately. They have packed so many ads and screwed up their CSS so badly.

CJ Davis1

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same exact issue. I think its a digitizer problem... Its so frustrating! Hows your 2nd Lumia treating you?

Avdhesh Rathore

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I have also same issue as you describe point no. 5 "Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap". it is repeating continue and during that phone behave like hang, no any control on screen or soft buttons but if I press lock button once the problem finish. I have hard reset my phone but problem is still. I called to customer care and they sent a person from their service center to my office and he collected the phone for testing and repairing. I think they will test and try to restoring the same. I am not sure whether I bring this repaired phone or claim for a new one ?

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

I have also same issue as you describe point no. 5 "Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap". it is repeating continue and during that phone behave like hang, no any control on screen or soft buttons but if I press lock button once the problem finish. I have hard reset my phone but problem is still. I called to customer care and they sent a person from their service center to my office and he collected the phone for testing and repairing. I think they will test and try to restoring the same. I am not sure whether I bring this repaired phone or claim for a new one ?
Did you received the new firmware from Nokia?

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

My 1520 (RM-937)has none of the known/stated bugs except for unstable Broadband LTE/3G connection that reverts to EDGE(2G) whilst in an excellent 3G/LTE covered area. For example my Huawei B593 router is in 3G mode but the 1520 in EDGE in the same area. I have returned the phone to Nokia RSA awaiting report back.
EDIT: Problem resolved Network Area issues.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss