12-01-2017 10:14 PM
797 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Can anyone give me a summary of the major defects? Getting my phone delivered tomorrow so I'm curious what I should watch out for.
    Only two I know of are: #1 Bright White spots on display. #2 Camera stuttering/shaking.
    04-21-2014 09:36 PM
    Can anyone give me a summary of the major defects? Getting my phone delivered tomorrow so I'm curious what I should watch out for.
    Only two I know of are: #1 Bright White spots on display. #2 Camera stuttering/shaking.
    Lol. Mine should be here tomorrow as well.
    04-21-2014 09:38 PM
    Lol. Mine should be here tomorrow as well.
    Best of luck to both of us then.
    04-21-2014 10:32 PM
    The most popular one might be the tap/swipe screen sensitivity issue. There are countless posts on it in this forum (and plenty in this thread) but basically swipes are sometimes interpreted as taps or other times not registered at all. I'll be ordering mine soon as well. Where are you ordering from? Good luck.
    04-21-2014 10:59 PM
    The most popular one might be the tap/swipe screen sensitivity issue. There are countless posts on it in this forum (and plenty in this thread) but basically swipes are sometimes interpreted as taps or other times not registered at all. I'll be ordering mine soon as well. Where are you ordering from? Good luck.
    Yeah I know about that issue as well but I figured since pretty much everyone has it, it must be something that firmware can fix. I ordered from Amazon.
    hasasimo likes this.
    04-21-2014 11:05 PM
    Yeah I know about that issue as well but I figured since pretty much everyone has it, it must be something that firmware can fix. I ordered from Amazon.
    I don't think everyone does have the swipe/tap issue. I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim never to have had the problem. As well as the swipe/tap the screen on mine also stops responding for a few seconds afterwards. The touch response is erratic in general. The capacitive buttons frequently don't respond to taps and it can sometimes take 5 or 6 attempts to wake the phone with a double tap. I'm now convinced it's a hardware issue, at least in my case.
    04-22-2014 01:32 AM
    Does anyone know if Nokia is planning to release firmware to fix low light photography and video? This is about the only gripe I have with my 1520. The screen sensitivity issue doesn't occur as often after the last firmware update.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    04-24-2014 07:03 AM
    I've had my 1520 now for 3 weeks and it has some issues:

Prox sensor for turning off display not always working-reboot gets it working again but stops again later.

Almost every time when opening Here maps it is saying compass confused-75% of the time. Never had this problem with my L900.

Some apps just don't work right when opening or flipping thru the apps pages-get a brief white screen sometimes, sometimes pages stutter when they swing out.

Definitely have the overly sensitive screen problem. Attempting to swipe sometimes leads to opening whatever app's tile you touched. Sensitivity is set for normal.

One time after screen timed out and turned off, got a text and screen did not come-even when pressing power button. Had to soft reset.
    04-25-2014 10:48 AM
    I'm starting to feel lucky, only suffering erratic touch response.

Mine is still at nokia for repair. Will update when I get it back.
    04-26-2014 06:00 AM
    I got problem about screen 1520 Indonesia when I scroll up or down... sometimes it like click app.. anyone can fix this problem?? It's really annoyed... :'(
    04-27-2014 11:38 PM
    I got problem about screen 1520 Indonesia when I scroll up or down... sometimes it like click app.. anyone can fix this problem?? It's really annoyed... :'(
    You haven't read the forum then
    04-28-2014 05:39 AM
    It seems my initial suspicion about the nokia Glance and Touch system apps was correct. If you uninstall both it would seem that it fixes the tap/swipe issue.

More info here:

Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 20 - Nokia Support Discussions

Cheers
    04-28-2014 11:26 AM
    It seems my initial suspicion about the nokia Glance and Touch system apps was correct. If you uninstall both it would seem that it fixes the tap/swipe issue.

More info here:

Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 20 - Nokia Support Discussions

Cheers
    Seems plausible, but then how does this explain devices that purportedly do not have this issue? Devices in which Glance and Touch system apps are installed and active.
    04-28-2014 12:20 PM
    I would imagine that there is also a hardware element to the issue, which would explain the discrepancy.
    04-28-2014 12:45 PM
    I would imagine that there is also a hardware element to the issue, which would explain the discrepancy.
    Well hopefully your theory is correct, as it would suggest firmware could possibly fix the issue on devices suffering from the hardware half of this defect.
    04-28-2014 01:39 PM
    You haven't read the forum then
    I just read some of pages...
    ;-)
    04-28-2014 09:43 PM
    Update:

Received my 1520 back from repair yesterday. It took a week from courier pickup to getting the phone back so fair play to Nokia for speedy service. FYI my phone had 8.1 on it and they repaired it without issue, although they did flash it back to WP8.

So it looks like the screen has been replaced as the small light leakage patch has now gone. Sadly the swipe/tap problem is still there, so I will get the phone setup properly again and will uninstall the Touch app and see what effect it has. There seems to be plenty of anecdotal evidence now that doing this fixes the swipe/tap issue, but I'll test it myself and post an update again.
    04-30-2014 01:54 AM
    Update:

Received my 1520 back from repair yesterday. It took a week from courier pickup to getting the phone back so fair play to Nokia for speedy service. FYI my phone had 8.1 on it and they repaired it without issue, although they did flash it back to WP8.

So it looks like the screen has been replaced as the small light leakage patch has now gone. Sadly the swipe/tap problem is still there, so I will get the phone setup properly again and will uninstall the Touch app and see what effect it has. There seems to be plenty of anecdotal evidence now that doing this fixes the swipe/tap issue, but I'll test it myself and post an update again.
    It's absolutely baffling that even when sent in for repairs, the swipe/tap issue remains on devices that had it in the first place. Makes you wonder how some 1520s don't have it at all.
    04-30-2014 02:32 AM
    Update:

Thanks Psycorp, please let us know if uninstalling the apps fixes it
    04-30-2014 07:40 AM
    I'm just wondering: how long did it take for these problems (touch, display) to show up? Or were they there from the start?
    04-30-2014 07:42 AM
    I'm just wondering: how long did it take for these problems (touch, display) to show up? Or were they there from the start?
    The touch and display issues were there from the start on my unit. I was prepared to live with the light leakage patch, as it was small, feint and not too intrusive, but the touch issue was bugging the hell out of me so I sent it for repair.

As an update I have uninstalled both Touch and Glance on my 1520 using the date change trick. After correcting the date back and restarting the phone it automatically reinstalled both apps without warning. I've uninstalled both again and will let you know how I get on with regard to the touch issue and automatic reinstallation after I've used the phone for a day or so.
    hyedefinition likes this.
    04-30-2014 09:11 AM
    I just received an update for 'Touch' (Version 2.3). *SO FAR* I was unable to provocate the touch bug. We will see...
    04-30-2014 09:19 AM
    I just received an update for 'Touch' (Version 2.3). *SO FAR* I was unable to provocate the touch bug. We will see...
    Yep, it would appear that Nokia Touch has been updated today. Let us know how you get on with it Corwin_Amber.

touch | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Cheers
    Corwin_Amber likes this.
    04-30-2014 09:31 AM
    Touch update seems to have solved the screen sensitivity issue, so far. Will use it for a day and update tomorrow.
    04-30-2014 11:29 AM
    I just bought the Lumia 1520. Very good phone. But when I use the main camera it looks so grainy, like I'm having a VGA camera. Knowing that the Lumia 1520 have a 20 mega pixels camera. Is this normal? Or I have a defected phone??
    04-30-2014 11:30 AM
797 ... 1617181920 ...