12-01-2017 10:14 PM
797 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    FWIW, the 1020 has the same stuttering when you go to the home screen. I don't think its a 1520 bug. I have both phones. I figured the 1020 just didn't have the power it needed, but then I just got the 1520 and its still visible.

I wonder if Microsoft is even aware? Has this made it to the Uservoice or anything?

I don't get it all the time. It seems I get it most when I'm closing Apps in the multitasking view and return to the home screen.
    05-31-2014 12:57 PM
    I've experience serious bug with my 1520 recently.
    My 1520 is on the latest Preview for Developers build. But still it doesn't addressed this problems

Phone just reboots itself while watching Youtube on IE. Without any errors or even a warning it just reboots. I didn't experience any random reboots using my 1520 for long hours even light and heavy usage but on Youtube its a different story.

#2 Insane Battery Drain.
    Even left on idle, the phone just heats up and i noticed after opening the phone on its hot state is that my start screen just loads and even need a soft reset to fix the issue. My phone is on idle battery saver is turned on and also no running applications in the background. Battery drain 5-10% or even massive if I didn't notice the heat up.

Here's the picture:
    06-04-2014 06:24 AM
    I had the heat up a few weeks ago but it has gone away, actually i'm more careful with what i leave in background. Basically i close down every app i use to minimize the battery drain (same thing i do with my Android phone).
    I'm have swedish model so no Cortana available here so that wasnt the problem as many seem to think.

Funny enough i just noticed my 1520 getting a bit hotter then usual and surely the battery had gone from 80 to 36% in a very short time. I think its nextgen reader and IE that are the cause. Seems IE uses allot of power when its in background. Not the first time i see this.
    06-04-2014 09:36 AM
    My 1520 gets extreme hot (almost burn my hand) when use the GPS for just 25 mins and make it almost untoucheable at hot outside temp also notice an Yellow line on top screen and as the 1520 gets hotter the line grows and gets more yellow.

Also I notice white spots on white backround, the infamous lcd bleeding....too many issues for an Top of the Line Nokia.
    Last edited by jmberumenb; 06-04-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    06-04-2014 08:30 PM
    My 1520 gets extreme hot (almost burn my hand) when use the GPS for just 25 mins and make it almost untoucheable at hot outside temp also notice an Yellow line on top screen and as the 1520 gets hotter the line grows and gets more yellow.

Also I notice white spots on white backround, the infamous lcd bleeding....too many issues for an Top of the Line Nokia.
    If you had photos of the problems it might help others.

If the phone gets too hot it will switch itself off.
    06-05-2014 02:24 AM
    I'm having the touch sensitivity issues like many of you, but I can deal with that. My biggest issue, which I haven't seen mentioned, is lag. This phone has a quad core processor and 2 gigs of ram right? So why am I experiencing a lot more lag on this device than I ever did on my 920, which had half the processing abilities? I experience it on the home screen and in apps. More than once, when I unlock my phone, it pops up the "resuming screen." Thinking I left an app open, I enter the multitasking screen to shut it down, and discover that it's the start that's resuming. I've never seen that happen on another Windows Phone. It has trouble running games too. Games like N.O.V.A. and Modern Combat aren't the only games that lag either, the phone often has trouble running Subway Surfers. It's starting to really **** me off that this phone lags so much. Any ideas on a fix?

I had same problem.

Unpin Cortana from home screen.

This works around that 'resuming' from lock screen issue. Cortoana goes rampant during lock screen when she's in your home screen for some reason.

Re laggy gaming, haven't had too much trouble running any games but maybe that unpin Cortana work around might help things.

I myself am experiencing an issue where sometimes when I wake up the phone (1520) the colors are 16bit colour depth? So, really crude colours.

I currently work around that by locking and unlocking phone.

Are any of you experiencing that with your 1520s???
    06-05-2014 05:15 AM
    If you had photos of the problems it might help others.

If the phone gets too hot it will switch itself off.
    I will as long as the yellow line re appear.

Im affraid of a broken lcd or frie the mainboard believe me gets rral real hot. Here was 104F and used the GPS to find a street and then happens the yellow line at top and get hot as fire.

Also let me upload the white spots asap.

thanks
    06-06-2014 07:52 AM
    pic-0001.jpgpic-0002.jpg

Those are from the white spot on screen, oly noticeable from white or bright backgrounds
    06-06-2014 11:47 AM
    I can't see anything wrong but that could be down to me viewing it on my Surface RT
    06-06-2014 01:18 PM
    I can't see anything wrong but that could be down to me viewing it on my Surface RT
    Is very hard to take in a pic.

You can see it only in white background is not very bright but is enough to catch the eye.

I took a look around the web and find there is around too many users with this issue....

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...n/td-p/2563346
    http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...D/td-p/2411438
    06-06-2014 02:08 PM
    Hi guys,

I have been having problems with my camera after the latest update ( 2nd update for 8.1). The pictures come out very small, less than 40KBs. I have tried camera settings but to no avail. Anyone having the similar problem and any fixes for this?

Thanking everyone in advance.
    06-06-2014 07:53 PM
    Hi Guys...
    Tonite, just about an hour/2 hours ago.... My 1520 camera gives me blank screen after successfully take one picture.
    I tried everything from reinstalled nokia camera, soft reset, reset camera, and camera still gives me blank screen everytime I execute it from any apps. I'm not trying Hard reset yet... What do you think guys?
    Please Help, anyone?

EDIT: I am doing Reset Phone via phone setting now. *fingercrossed*

UPDATE2:
    Reset Phone is not working. I installed Nokia Camera over Nokia Pro Camera. But, still...BLANK!
    I am now using Recovery Tool from Nokia. Finished the steps. Check Camera. Still.... BLANK!!
    This is serious!

I also post a thread for it for a better details/update on this (to reproduce the error maybe, if you dare):

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...nk-screen.html
    Last edited by Arie Vianza; 06-09-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: after using recovery tool from nokia
    06-09-2014 01:58 PM
    How did you go? Still happening?

What about using the window camera instead of Nokia? Does it go blank there?
    06-11-2014 07:56 PM
    How did you go? Still happening?

What about using the window camera instead of Nokia? Does it go blank there?
    Whatever the App I used, It just blank. Nokia Camera, Native WP Camera, Camera 360, etc. Same. Blank.
    Yesterday I desperately went to NCC. They said they will try with the software first then proceed to hardware service/investigation if it wasnt software related.

wish me luck
    06-12-2014 12:42 AM
    We have a separate thread for the issue, but this one seems to be more active.

Running the 8.1 dev build, my 1520 freezes daily. This typically happens when it has been on charging overnight. I can unlock it, but when I try to open IE, check the notification hub, etc, the phone locks up and I have to soft reset it. This happens daily, and I have been unable to find a fix. I have tried uninstalling Touch and Glance (which some folks had suggested) and have done a full factory reset with reinstall to no avail.

I would desperately love to hear any thoughts people have, as this is really killing my ability to use this phone.
    06-14-2014 12:37 PM
    My Nokia Lumia 1520 freezes frequently and starts programs by itself. It mostly starts the bing search/voice search. I think it started when I installed WP8.1 but I reverted back and the problem still exists in WP8.

Does this mean it is a factory default or is it still something to do with software?
    06-15-2014 03:51 AM
    Good morning everyone

Woke up to a very strange 1520 problem, and my first issue with phone. I had it on the charger overnight and woke up about 5:30am to the clock on the 1520 showing 4:38...odd....to when I tried turning it on it was totally frozen. No biggie figured a soft reset would solve the problem. Well after the soft reset the hardware buttons do not function AT ALL!!! I have tried a few soft resets but I am reluctant to do a factory reset. All hardware buttons do not function. Volume, power and camera. Anyone have any suggestions? I have not upgraded to 8.1

Thanks

NJV
    06-16-2014 06:41 AM
    I would say go back to 8.0. 8.1 is very buggy and too many different kinds of bugs..
    06-16-2014 09:53 AM
    First off...I love 8.1, but after having to reset with all the freezes whenever I went to use the phone,(side note....the 2nd and 3 rd updates seem to make it worse) I finally took the time and reloaded the 8 software and am now back on 1028.3562.1407.1001 and it works great. I have used many beta software programs over the past few years, but none have been as buggy as 8.1 ..... at least on my ATT version of 1520 hardware.

The 8.1 offers so many great programs that are not available on 8....that I hope they can get the problems corrected so that we can run the software with some degree of dependability.
    06-16-2014 09:21 PM
    First off...I love 8.1, but after having to reset with all the freezes whenever I went to use the phone,(side note....the 2nd and 3 rd updates seem to make it worse) I finally took the time and reloaded the 8 software and am now back on 1028.3562.1407.1001 and it works great. I have used many beta software programs over the past few years, but none have been as buggy as 8.1 ..... at least on my ATT version of 1520 hardware.

The 8.1 offers so many great programs that are not available on 8....that I hope they can get the problems corrected so that we can run the software with some degree of dependability.
    Did you try a hard reset and set the phone up as new(not restore from backup) after you went to 8.1
    06-17-2014 02:45 AM
    Did you try a hard reset and set the phone up as new(not restore from backup) after you went to 8.1
    The original 8.1 worked fine. The freezing etc started to get bad with updates 2 & 3.
    06-17-2014 07:28 AM
    For both 8.0 and 8.1 have the phantom tap/feezes/unresponsive screen bug. When I first got the phone with WP8.0 there where no problems. When I updated to 8.1 the problems started. Because of this I downgraded to WP8.0 but to my supprise it was still doing it.

How is this possible? Hardware default or still software?
    06-18-2014 01:28 AM
    For both 8.0 and 8.1 have the phantom tap/feezes/unresponsive screen bug. When I first got the phone with WP8.0 there where no problems. When I updated to 8.1 the problems started. Because of this I downgraded to WP8.0 but to my supprise it was still doing it.

How is this possible? Hardware default or still software?
    Two items to check:

1. Did you download and install software 1028.3562.1407.1001 off the Nokia download site

2. If you did that...when asked for three choices at the end of setup....did you select " Start Fresh"

The above should have cleaned your phone and put back WP8. Yes it is a pain to reload, but hopefully you saved stuff to the cloud, and of course signing on with MS Email account will bring back contacts etc.
    06-18-2014 07:41 AM
    1. I used Nokia Software Updater tool to downgrade. It downgraded to a italian vodafone rom (I think my phone is imported). It had something with .1331 or something at the and. So it wasn't 1028.3562.1407.1001. Can I install this on my RM-937 wich now has the RM-937_eu_italy_904 manufacturer name. This wasn't the same when I got it so I think they flashed something else so they could sell it in the Netherlands.

2. When I downgraded I started Fresh. Even tried a hard reset afterwards.

I can't find a Nokia download site or the software you advise.
    06-19-2014 01:24 AM
    Sorry, I did not understand you were using an international version. Sounds like this is one for for the Nokia Service guys to work on
    06-19-2014 07:01 AM
797 ... 2021222324 ...