12-01-2017 10:14 PM
797 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    If you mean the delay that happen after unlocking the phone, it is probably because you used Live Lock Screen app. Even if you close the Live Lock Screen it is not totally closing thus causing the delay after unlock.

In order to get rid of the delay problem you can activate and then deactivate the Kid's Corner in the settings. That should do : )
    Excellent! It's working a lot better now after doing that. I tried the Lock Screen beta but stopped using it. I didn't have any problems with delay until I downloaded the latest updates.
    09-01-2014 09:32 PM
    Has anyone had the issue with their 1520 where it goes into this multitask tornado of vibrating and going to the multitask screen and then at the end it pops up Cortana.

It is hard to describe but out of nowhere on any screen whether it be texting,facebook, etc it starts vibrating and then goes to the multitask vision in and out in and out and then ends with Cortana.

It is very frustrating and I can only stop it when I press the power button or restart the phone.
    sadiq90 likes this.
    09-02-2014 09:37 AM
    So it's amazing after about 27 pages of comments some people still are in the delusion that it's a software issue. Also, it seems no one has sent their phone away to get fixed via Nokia. Has anyone done that and then had the screen issue reoccur.
    09-03-2014 05:10 AM
    Hasn't it already been determined that the issue is related to "bending" the phone by storing it in a pocket? Was a main story in the news section on this site.
    09-03-2014 01:59 PM
    Yeah same problem CnastyU. Do you have a screen protector?
    09-03-2014 06:55 PM
    Yeah same problem CnastyU. Do you have a screen protector?
    Yes I have a screen protector on the face of the phone. Is that the cause that has been found? Sorry I am new and havent read through the 27 pages.
    09-03-2014 07:18 PM
    Mine had the screen sensitivity issue since day one when I bought it in february. It occurred before I had it in my pocket, so it occurs at least on mine without had it bend even once. I'm almost 100% sure it's a hardware design failure. The reason I haven't send my phone back is that I was hoping there would be a new revision of the phone with the problem fixed. But after reading this forum and Nokia forum it seems to still occur on new phones, so I will probably soon send it in for repair/exchange to see if I get lucky. I will keep U updated in that case.
    09-04-2014 12:44 AM
    I just received a brand new replacement. Nokia inadvertently sent me a 16 GB replacement last week (my original 1520 was 32 GB), and it had the screen swipe bug. When I contacted Nokia and told them about the mistake with shipping me a16 GB model, the sent another phone--the correct 32 GB version. The 16 GB replacement was refurbished--it came by itself in a brown box--no charger, etc. The new 32 replacement came sealed in an ATT box with all the normal paperwork, charger, cable, etc. This new one has the bug as well. I cannot even believe it.
    09-04-2014 11:32 AM
    My main camera is acting crazy since this morning. It's shaking to the point that all the pictures come out blurry. I guess the stabilization mechanism on my phone has gone bad. Time to visit a Microsoft store or a att store.
    09-04-2014 05:18 PM
    I found that as you are scrolling in Bing that it likes to jump up. Lil your reading a news article and when scrolling to read more the paragraph that is near the bottom will automatically appear at the top.
    09-06-2014 12:29 AM
    Mine had the screen sensitivity issue since day one when I bought it in february. It occurred before I had it in my pocket, so it occurs at least on mine without had it bend even once. I'm almost 100% sure it's a hardware design failure. The reason I haven't send my phone back is that I was hoping there would be a new revision of the phone with the problem fixed. But after reading this forum and Nokia forum it seems to still occur on new phones, so I will probably soon send it in for repair/exchange to see if I get lucky. I will keep U updated in that case.
    I'm agreed with u, it's hardware issue, I tried to change all settings every time, remove screen protector, disable all Apps and formatting twice but still same issue.
    this new update is too bad so i will take my phone to Nokia center and will update u too.
    09-09-2014 05:52 PM
    Finally, I returned my 1520 to Amazon. All those errors are horrible for a $500 Smartphone.

Nokia, eat it with potatoes.

Amazon, great, great service. The best.
    vampyren likes this.
    09-09-2014 06:40 PM
    Finally, I returned my 1520 to Amazon. All those errors are horrible for a $500 Smartphone.

Nokia, eat it with potatoes.

Amazon, great, great service. The best.
    Wow, that's very good

i hope i can return it and get my money back.

I hated the phone, china mobiles better than this, at least u can answer to phone call, with Nokia some time i cant answer the call.
    09-09-2014 06:59 PM
    I have sent mine in for repairs..... wish me luck..... I'll keep you updated on my Nokia Australia repair experience. This is seriously a make or break customer experience time with all the new stuff being launched at the moment. I'll probably move to an HTC One M8 if the service experience is not good.
    09-11-2014 01:56 AM
    So far my phone seems to be progressing reasonably well. After a day it's now in the "repairing: Work in progress" queue. Not sure how they're going to fix it and whether it'll have a repeat of the issues. I will be very careful with how I put it in my pocket. Given it's almost summer here I won't have a jacket pocket to protect it.
    09-15-2014 07:53 PM
    Got tired of the bugs and sold it, problem solved.
    09-16-2014 01:01 PM
    Had my Lumia 1520 over two weeks ago and updated to cyan from at&t the same day, and so far i have had no issues on this phone, very happy, hope stays that way.
    09-16-2014 06:16 PM
    I just got a L1520, green, two days ago. Had the swipe-tap issue out of the box but that is livable. Probably a software issue.

Halfway through my first day it started freaking out with the phantom tap issue. Physically bending the phone, ever so gently, actually stopped it freaking out, temporarily (I.e., probably a hardware and handling issue). I had been treating it like my 920 (almost like a feature phone's durability) but this phone is less sturdy. Today I have been handling it more gently and kept it out of my pocket and I've had no phantom tap issues. If changing how I handle it will stop the phantom tap this will likely end up being my favorite phone ever!
    09-17-2014 12:51 PM
    I have some blank spaces under some apps , and a big horrible blank space in the middle of FB messenger when I use the keyboard , am I alone ? wp_ss_20140911_0004.jpg
    09-17-2014 02:27 PM
    My wife's phone has the white dots (yellow 1520 937 version).
    Got it off ebay...will probably keep it as Nokia service in Canada doesn't exist and their support seems to have took a turn for the worse.
    Last edited by lipper2000; 09-25-2014 at 08:39 AM.
    09-17-2014 10:19 PM
    I've noticed some minor issues with my week old Nokia Lumia 1520.

I have no knowledge of how the phone operated on windows 8 because on the initial setup of the phone windows 8.1 + cyan setup on the phone with an update.

Issues: When I remove the phone off charge, once it's fully charged, the phone will allow me to access the home page, but thats it. The phone is unresponsive,no tiles will open if I tap on them, and none of the buttons appear to work. Only a soft reset will resolve this issue for me, until the next time it happens. This only happens after I have charged the phone up and removed the charger.

The phone discharges quite fast, as with minimal use the battery will only last for approx 7 hours before needing to be charged again, I'm sure this can't be right!

Double tap to wake will not always wake the phone, and I have to resort to pressing the power button. I have the screen sensitivity set to high, and double tap to wake phone turned on, and I don't have a screen protector on the phone.

I had set " Display my caller ID" to Everyone, but after the phone has been turn off and back on again, the setting displays "Select" and not Everyone as I had previously selected, though on a test call my Caller ID is sent as it displays correctly when dialling my house phone.

I haven't had the phone registered for DP, so I can take that out of the equation for receiving these minor glitches.

Any advise on these annoying issues would be appreciated.
    09-18-2014 07:41 AM
    My phone has been returned from repairs after about 7 business days (which isn't too bad I suppose). Seems to be working fine so far. Items fixed for the screen issue are: "Care Display Assembly", 4DX Side key flex electronic assembly, 4DT vibra flex assembly, Heat spreading assembly, and a new BV-4BW battery...

Hopefully this solves the issues.... Otherwise...
    09-19-2014 12:55 AM
    People wonder why the public doesn't trust WP, this screen issue is all anyone needs to know. The 1520 with its defective screen has no business being mentioned in the same sentence with premium high end devices.
    09-19-2014 05:47 AM
    I had originally pre-ordered the Nokia 1520 locally when it came out, directly from the Microsoft Store. Then returned it a couple days later. I was quite disappointed. Software wasn't ready, missing important features, annoying swipe/tap bug, etc. Heck, I was even one of the first to post in this exact thread complaining about it!

Fast forward to this week when I bought a used/mint condition Nokia 1520 (AT&T variant), and I have to say, I'm actually rather happy with it. I just let it install 3-4 updates (on 8.1/Cyan), performed a factory reset, installed a bunch of apps, got it all setup, and have been using it all day. I haven't even been able to get the swipe/tap issue to occur, or really any of the other bugs that were there before.

Been pushing it too. Playing games, videos, surfing around, intentionally scrolling all over the place, etc. So far, so good. Really liking the 8.1 improvements on this big screen. When I saw the improvements on my work-issued Nokia 925, I had to try the 1520 again. Windows Phone 8.1 should have been what this phone was released with. Which is the same thing I said with Windows 8.1 for PC. But I guess that's Microsoft for ya!

Now if they'd just make some better cases...
    09-19-2014 06:57 PM
    Bluetooth volume way to low. To the point of having everything maxed out and still a whisper. Tried it on a bury kit and my vehicles in built car kit. It is only for voice not music as podcasts and music is perfect. Bring on an update please.
    09-22-2014 02:33 PM
797 ... 2526272829 ...