The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-01-2017 10:14 PM
797 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Hasn't it already been determined that the issue is related to "bending" the phone by storing it in a pocket? Was a main story in the news section on this site.
    It may also be ESD-related, not just bending. And the flex issue isn't caused solely by keeping it in your pocket. I think the flexing causes some grounding contacts to not work properly, which causes all the phantom touches. What's alarming is it started off as a fairly minor tap-instead-of-scroll issue, and blossomed into this. I don't have a 1520, but was considering it. But I probably won't roll the dice with this issue (really, all the issues).
    09-24-2014 07:19 AM
    Updated all updates with Cyan and 8.1 update 1... But my L1520 still struggles with sensitivity issue :(
    09-26-2014 06:39 AM
    I got a Lumia 1520 about 3 weeks ago and the phone has been great, mostly. I switched from a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 because I was always a fan of Nokia and found windows phone to be interesting after they introduced windows phone 8.1.Anyway after I upgraded my 1520 to wp 8.1, I noticed some problems. 1st some apps crash or take a long time to resume. Apps like the music player and skype. Sometimes when this happens the screen and capacitive keys are unresponsive. This happened twice. I had to use the volume down and up keys and power button combination to turn it off. Sometimes the phone randomly heats up for no reason. Even after turning off several apps in the background. Eventually it cools down but this is just unsettling. Honestly I love this phone and I got it because of the amazing specifications and features. The build quality is impeccable and windows phone is actually very good. I am glad I switched. However, I think the OS has some bugs and these bugs are causing the 1520 (and other Lumia devices) to act strange. A 3 week phone should act like a 3 week phone. I know nothings perfect and i hate to say this but i never had these problems with my Galaxy Note 2 and i had it for a year and a half. The only problem i had with that phone was lag. They need to release an update fast. I hope wp 8.1 update 1, fixes all these problems with the 1520. Also, the speaker (ear piece not lot speaker) stop working once. I could only hear people on the loudspeaker or through my earphones. Luckily this happened once and a quick restart solved the issue. I love this phone and I am glad I retuned to Nokia. WP is also amazing. Please fix these issues asap.
    09-28-2014 11:00 PM
    How can i fix the tap problem? Its annoying...
    10-05-2014 11:27 AM
    How can i fix the tap problem? Its annoying...
    I know your frustration: I had a 1020 for over 2 years and a 920 for a year and half before that. Both are still going strong (handed down to wife and mother). Upgraded to 1520 exchanged first phone at store, and waiting on AT&T to send me a third phone due to touch sensitivity and camera showing black screen or won't open. The touch seems to be a hardware. When I try to unlock my phone, I'll tap one number and it will enter it several times as I have hit 5 to 8 times in a row in a matter of split seconds. Really frustrating because it will tell to wait 4 minutes to try again to unlock my phone. Or, on my work portal when scrolling ๐Ÿ‘ˆ to right ๐Ÿ‘‰ after putting in information into text box. It would either misread my taps by inch or overlap webpage as half the page would scroll while other half was was stuck in place. Hoping third phone is glitch free. I stick with Windows Phones because of the UI and the static and lack luster innovations Android and Apple OS's seem to regurgitate year after year. Pin Icon here, change back ground , scroll to new screen . Even if they don't get this fixed, the potential, greatly outweighs the shortcomings....they will get it right....๐Ÿ”œ
    Last edited by SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP; 10-05-2014 at 10:15 PM. Reason: misspell
    2Suave likes this.
    10-05-2014 07:36 PM
    My lumia 1520 wont power on..tried soft reset and hard reset but still doesn't work. Wont charge either..please help.
    10-06-2014 07:36 AM
    My camera doesn't work and I have hard reset my phone it just makes me so mad if someone knows how to fix plz tell me (it has worked before)
    10-10-2014 06:00 AM
    Has anyone experienced an issue where someone calls you and you go to hang up and the screen is off so you can't hang up? I have to click the middle button on the side twice for it to come up so I can hang up. Very annoying.
    10-10-2014 10:16 AM
    I'm really concerned now after reading about all these bugs as I'm awaiting delivery of a new yellow 1520 for my wife.
    10-13-2014 04:15 AM
    I would have thought a work around for the tap/ scroll issue (assuming they can't fix it properly) is to introduce an option for the requirement of double tap on links... Could an app do that our would it need to be firmware?
    10-13-2014 02:10 PM
    My camera doesn't work and I have hard reset my phone it just makes me so mad if someone knows how to fix plz tell me (it has worked before)
    I have the same issue with front facing camera !

It doesnt work neither on Nokia camera nor on Lumia selfie !

anyone can help ???
    heli0m likes this.
    10-15-2014 04:35 PM
    I performed a 3rd yes 3rd hard reset on my 1520 all because the photos app showed nothing except 3 photos on the phone. These 3 photos were copied many times throughout the gallery and were installed on the phone memory not a memory card. The memory card is working fine by the way. Photos on the card also don't appear in the photos app. So 1st it was the music app and now its the photos app. Seriously Microsoft you need to figure this out and I hope these issues are properly addressed with WP 8.1 update 1. Even better just release an update for each app via the store. I don't know how much longer my phone will last if I keep doing these hard resets. Phone is a bit over 1 month old and I love it. Don't make me regret switching from Android.
    10-17-2014 12:12 AM
    You need to restore your phone not factory reset. You can use Nokia Recovery tool. This is not Microsoft's fault. It's the result of a bad update. It's an easy fix.

And trust me, for someone who has owned over 45 different android phones it happens on Android too. Many times for me. And twice on two iPhone updates. I had to completely restore the phone in iTunes. It happens.
    10-17-2014 12:58 AM
    My new green Lumia 1520's screen sometimes does not turn on when I hit the power button. If I hit the power button and it should turn on, I can swipe up on the screen and hear the phone unlock, but the screen is still black. I lock it and press the power button again and it comes on normally.

I noticed today that when people call the phone rings but the screen did not turn on. I have to press the power button twice then answer.

Anyone else experienced this issue?
    10-23-2014 05:28 PM
    keep it on charge for at least 3 hours then try the soft reset one more time ,sometimes it does this when the battery fully empty
    10-27-2014 11:17 AM
    I received a call today. I answered, but no one talked. Same things happens after few minutes, so I plug my earphones and I was able to hear the guy. After that, I did some tests and I found that the speaker doesn't works. But yesterday was working! Restarted the phone, did a soft reset than an hard reset, with no luck... The speaker is dead, randomly. Definitely an hardware problem, luckily is still in warranty.
    Someone had the same issue?
    10-27-2014 03:40 PM
    So I'm not sure if its a bug or just something that was standard with this phone, but I really can't stand that when I tap on an incoming text in notification center and then press ๐Ÿ”™ it takes me to the home screen instead of the messages thread. Secondary to that if I exit the message and open IE or another app and then hold the ๐Ÿ”™ key and open recent windows it has a window open for every message I've responded to when I've clicked it from the notification center. Its gotta be fixed. Its annoying.
    10-28-2014 08:05 PM
    My new green Lumia 1520's screen sometimes does not turn on when I hit the power button. If I hit the power button and it should turn on, I can swipe up on the screen and hear the phone unlock, but the screen is still black. I lock it and press the power button again and it comes on normally.

I noticed today that when people call the phone rings but the screen did not turn on. I have to press the power button twice then answer.

Anyone else experienced this issue?
    My green 1520 also sometimes doesn't show the screen when pressing the power button, I can unlock it with swipe up but the display isn't on.
    11-05-2014 06:32 PM
    I got several issues with the 1520:
    -tap screen scrolling
    -double tap to wake is more like octuple tap to wake.
    -ever sense 8.1 update the camera has been horrible. Muddled shots, extremely slow to focus and shoot, etc.
    -loading screen ad nauseum
    - when having the audio jack hooked up anytime you answer a call, the music resumes playing through the phone speakers.
    -automatic screen brightness goes haywire (I've had to just switch to low permanently.

I got this as a warranty replacement to the 925. These issues and the annoyance of the size sometimes have me wondering if I should just use.my upgrade on the 830 or the M8, but neither are really that enticing.
    11-09-2014 03:47 PM
    Dang,

After reading all of this and the pages on the Nokia forum, I am inclined to reconsider my recent purchase of a 1520. Its incredibly disappointing that Nokia did not address this properly.
    11-10-2014 07:15 AM
    Eh... Just go for it. I've had mine for a couple months now and haven't had any of the problems mentioned in this thread.
    jwinch2 likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:26 PM
    Eh... Just go for it. I've had mine for a couple months now and haven't had any of the problems mentioned in this thread.
    Any idea of the %?

โ€‹Thanks,
    11-10-2014 06:12 PM
    Any idea of the %?

โ€‹Thanks,
    The only issue I've had is the one where the phone thinks I've tapped the screen while I'm scrolling. But that only happens once every couple days or so and it got better when I changed the screen sensitivity to Normal.
    11-11-2014 12:33 AM
    The only issue I've had is the one where the phone thinks I've tapped the screen while I'm scrolling. But that only happens once every couple days or so and it got better when I changed the screen sensitivity to Normal.
    There is an easy fix for that posted by others. Lay phone flat and press on top part of screen then bottom a few times over. It resets the digitizer alignment. It's a known problem with the large screen of 1520.
    11-11-2014 01:15 AM
    "This may not be considered a bug but it is a rather nasty bug to me. The screen timeout settings is missing "never" as an option."

Did you sync your phone with a corporate account? Could be due to some corporate policy being implemented on mobile devices connecting to your company's network. This happened to me, this also changed the options for "Require a password after" to have a maximum the same as the timeout, in my case, 15 minutes
    11-11-2014 02:50 AM
797 ... 2627282930 ...