Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

You have to get a 2 amp car charger. I bought an AT&T 2 amp car charger and it can keep up with anything I have running including navigation, streaming bluetooth and lockscreen disabled. The only problem I'm having is with Waze! That navi app is such a battery hog it's not even funny!

AT&T Car Charger with USB Port 2 Amp- Universal Micro USB

Thanks for the tip I'll have to get me one of those.

RobbyRob

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

Guess I'm lucky. No problems here yet, this is my second day with the device. Couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Dante Robinson

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I've had the yellow 1520 since the day before Thanksgiving. So it's been only a day with the device. It randomly reboots constantly. It'll freeze for about 10 seconds, then reboot. Then all of my social media apps will be signed out for some reason. Definitely a defective phone. Just wondering how I'm going to exchange since I bought the back ordered yellow model
Definitely not a good first windows phone experience.

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Issues with the L1520

This thread is to post ALL of the issues that you are having with your L1520.

I've noticed some things myself.

1. I'm sure this could get fixed with a software update but when I open the camera app, I notice a white line under the screen for a few seconds.
2. When trying to scroll sometimes it'd register as a click instead.
3. Screen dimming.
4. The double tap feature doesn't always work.
5. When I take photos on auto,the pictures come out a bit soft. But when I manually do everything it works fine.

Could these issues be fixed with an update? Please post all the issues you're having and solutions you've come up with.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Hello everyone,

I notice that when I have a conversation the voice coming through the earpiece has some crackling and popping. I tested it thoroughly by calling my voicemail and the distortion was consistent. I played around the the volume of the earpiece and it seems that the sound is perfect from 1-6, when I push it any higher it starts to crack and pop. Iam not sure if it is a software issue where the volume is programmed to loud or maybe my earpiece is bad. Can anyone confirm any distortion when the volume is above 6? P.s. With my previous Lumia's I needed to place the volume at around 8-10 because they were always low. This one is very loud.

InfiniteRefrain

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

?Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap

This is the only issue I have had with mine. I switched the sensitivity to normal and that has helped. I do not think its a bug, just a testament to how sensitive the touch is on this device.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: I need some insight..

Ahh I see! I was streaming with WiFi.

4.5 hours to charge a phone seems like a bit much. I guess I'll have to test it out again for the next few days and see how that pans out. Thanks for your help bro, and have a happy thanksgiving!

The HTC One takes around 3-4 to fully charge and it has a tiny 2300 maH battery (seen here: AnandTech | The HTC One Review ).

This is because HTC disabled the Qualcomm quick charge feature, likely to preserve battery health on a sealed unit. I thought maybe Nokia had done the same with the 1520, as mine only charges at a rate around 16%/hour with nothing running. But other people are reporting much faster charging. I have tried several chargers, including the OEM, a 2.1 amp, and a 1.8 amp. All return the same results.

If it's a defect, it's a weird defect. I just got through setting my phone up. I'd rather not wipe it and rather not exchange it, but if it's not supposed to charge this slowly, I suppose I probably should.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Would anyone be willing to try something for me? Place a call to your voicemail and put the volume up to 10 (the max). Tell me do you notice any distortion in the form of crackling and popping coming from the earpiece? Thanks

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Would anyone be willing to try something for me? Place a call to your voicemail and put the volume up to 10 (the max). Tell me do you notice any distortion in the form of crackling and popping coming from the earpiece? Thanks

Just an FYI I went ahead and exchanged my phone. The new one does not have this issue, so if you are experiencing it your going to have to replace it. Also the buttons are just as flush on this device, so I don't think that exchanging the device will solve that issue.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Just an FYI I went ahead and exchanged my phone. The new one does not have this issue, so if you are experiencing it your going to have to replace it. Also the buttons are just as flush on this device, so I don't think that exchanging the device will solve that issue.

Good to know. I might do the same. Were you charged anything?

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi
Would be keen to see where in the world these issues are found, by looking at most of these it looks like America, I know some places yet to get it but would like to see if its the ones made up for AT&T only?

MrVol84

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting a smudge on their screen that disappears when you wipe it, but always comes back again in the same spot.. ? Almost looks like a scuff. I have one in the center of my screen and don't know how it got there, especially because I've been babying my phone since I got it. My 920 had this too but a lot worse.

sonic1519

May 7, 2013
Visit site

did your 1520 come with a earpiece. unboxed mine no earpiece. my 920 didn't either. is this a at&t rip off deal

sonic1519

May 7, 2013
Visit site

sometimes it will not open with a double tap unless you tap it really hard. and have yet not gotten it to open up by
waving my hand across the screen. going back to at&t store tomorrow before its to late. to return it

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Received my Red 1520 last night and have it pretty much all setup with the apps I like. I noticed last night when I used a third party Music app, its volume would be all the way up even though I press on the volume down button with NO change. It happened to me at least three different times today and it started to do it with Xbox Music as well. made sure it was backed up and doing a factory reset now. hope this the end of this issue.

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Bugs i have noticed...

The screen seems to switch to like 8bit color for a few seconds at time. It is always the home screen and not the lock screen. It returns to normal within a couple seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786