12-01-2017 10:14 PM
797 ... 29303132
tools
    I got tired of Verizon dragging their feet so I switched to AT&T. I have a problem where after I'm connected to wifi and leave the area, the internet connection to cellular doesn't work. Any time I try to access the internet for a game or app there is not network connection. If I turn off/on the phone or toggle airplane mode it's fine. Anyone ever have this problem?
    02-06-2015 08:49 AM
    My Lumia 1520 has been doing my head in lately, screen flicker, random zooming and Bing search constantly activating on its own, to the point I nearly smashed it in frustration, . . .
    Not sure if this applies, but the 'random zoom' could be caused by two fingers inadvertently double-tapping the screen. To get out of the zoom, just use two fingers to again double-tap. This took me a while to figure out, by the way.
    02-06-2015 06:13 PM
    Not sure if this applies, but the 'random zoom' could be caused by two fingers inadvertently double-tapping the screen. To get out of the zoom, just use two fingers to again double-tap. This took me a while to figure out, by the way.
    These problems that Tiyamel stated are sometimes appearing on my Lumia 1520 as well. Unfortunately I believe they are hardware problems. The main reason is the size of the phone. The phone is tend to bend in some amount causing fake taps and resulting in those Bing search activations, screen flickers, zooming etc. In my phone instead of Bing search I encounter Cortana activation because bottom right button is assigned to do so.

I do not have any idea how these problems can be solved but it is annoying. Locking and unlocking the phone or slightly bending the phone helps for this specific moments but I would like to hear and apply permanent solutions if there are any.
    02-07-2015 02:23 AM
    I've noticed this winter for the first time that double tap to wake up the lock screen from off is buggy. Sometimes it will register sometimes it will not. Also screen sensitivity seems to be off when using my. lumia 1520 with gloves outside. Anyone else run into these two issues?
    I'm also having that double tap to wake delay not sure of the sensitivity issue as I haven't use my device with gloves on.
    Mostly it looks like software bug hope denim update solve this issue.
    02-07-2015 02:30 AM
    I am on my fifth and finally perfect 1520. I've had some with no cuts on lower glad for mix and this one has it. It's a little notch way at the bottom, I thought it was a chip in the glad at first. I don't know if it's related but screen is perfect.
    02-11-2015 10:16 AM
    Camera randomly starts. Compass confuses every time I start compass mode in Here Maps. Very difficult to take Panorama and Photosynth shots.
    02-15-2015 11:40 PM
    Navigation bar after Denim is too bright, and cant low the brightness. Any solution?
    Also it doesn't turn off after a few seconds. Mine stays on if screen stays on. Is this a bug?
    02-18-2015 07:51 PM
    Any hope for Lumia 1520.3 on ATT getting an update of any kind?
    Currently on Dev Preview.
    02-21-2015 01:48 PM
    My Lumia 1520 has been doing my head in lately, screen flicker, random zooming and Bing search constantly activating on its own, to the point I nearly smashed it in frustration, seeing as the company I purchased it from are a nightmare to deal with and feeling I had no other option, I took it to pieces, I do things like that, I noticed that when peeled back the tape on top of cpu and ribbon cable from the capacitive buttons, the ribbon altho having a coating on top appears to have nothing underneath, so i simply placed a small amount of foam rubber between the cable and chassis, restuck tape and put phone back together, I'm happy to say I'm once again loving my L1520, which for the last week has had 0 problems, not for the faint hearted but I was desperate, it might mess up again soon and if it does I'll probably take it apart again and investigate further

Same problem here, I read somewhere this is due to some pressure of sorts when phone is placed in front pocket of pants. Anyway, I brought it to care center and they replaced the entire screen/display assembly
    03-01-2015 06:21 PM
    Any one else have text rendering issues with outlook mail?
    03-07-2015 08:52 AM
    Hi All..

I recently got a Lumia 1520 (AT&T 940) in February. I upgraded from a 920. I am in the developer preview, so I updated the phone to that, and most recently got the Denim upgrade.

Ever since the Denim upgrade I've been having some really wonky things happen.

1. The mic works intermittently, but only with Cortana. It took me about 100 tries to get the test to pass, and it's been hit or miss since then. Previously Cortana worked fine, and the mic seems to work fine for everything else.

2. BIG ISSUE. Occasionally, and it seems like more frequently, the top and top left of my phone decides to turn into one big capacitive button.

What does this mean? Well...

The area from the top left of the phone (by the front facing camera), all the way past the Nokia logo starts to act as a "BACK"/"Search/Cortana" button. A full power off seems to fix this about 1/2 the time, but it keeps coming back. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers this, but its rather annoying.

Normally, pressing that area does nothing, and I would have figured it wouldn't have been capable of doing anything.. but low and behold.. it can. If I tap the part that's emulating the "back" button enough times, it locks up the phone for a short period. This is MOST annoying when I'm trying to check the notifications, as a "swipe down" doesn't work because the phone registers touching the top of the phone as either a "BACK" command or a "Search/Cortana" command. Frustrating.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
    03-10-2015 01:53 PM
    Anyone experiencing problems with the camera button not unlocking the phone and opening Lumia camera when the phone is in horizontal position? For me the button only works if i hold the phone in vertical position... (Denim update...)
    03-11-2015 10:19 PM
    Anyone experiencing problems with the camera button not unlocking the phone and opening Lumia camera when the phone is in horizontal position? For me the button only works if i hold the phone in vertical position... (Denim update...)
    Several times I've noticed the camera button not launching the camera from screen off. Then I realized I had my hand too close to the proximity sensor so it was acting like it was still in my pocket
    03-12-2015 12:00 AM
    Just bought a used but mint 1520. It has the phantom touch issue. :(

But so far, it doesn't really affect the usability much. So I'm okay with it.
    03-14-2015 06:54 AM
    Hi all,

I have the L1520.3 and after the Denim update auto brightness is not working. If I set it on and back out it does not keep the setting.

Has anyone experience that??
    03-14-2015 10:38 AM
    Hey guys. I just got my L1520 for about 1 month and after that time I just noticed that other L1520's are just smoother playing videos, games and scrolling. I just sent it back for QC and "It's a very rare CPU fault and we will swap it with a new one for you" they said.
    I'm glad of it that this warranty is so responsible about what they sold.
    I wish my next L1520 is perfect and I see no more defects :(
    03-14-2015 01:55 PM
    Finally decided to send mine in last week, I only have two more weeks left on my warranty. The phantom tapping issue is getting worse everyday and I really can't stand it anymore. Back to my backup 920, luckily the WP backup/restore feature is super easy to use.
    03-31-2015 03:41 PM
    Nothing except heating (i didn't use phone who have stronger cpu then my pc), but let's say it's normal under medium-heavy usage.
    Display not align with case, when i use more then light pressure on screen i feel how he bends and see circles like touching led monitor.
    04-05-2015 01:58 PM
    I'm pretty pissed off now that I got the phone back with Microsoft saying its not covered by warranty in the US because it's not designed for the US market. Even though when I check the Lumia warranty check site it shows "In Warranty in the US" and I was able to file for RMA without any issues.
    04-06-2015 06:03 PM
    I'm pretty pissed off now that I got the phone back with Microsoft saying its not covered by warranty in the US because it's not designed for the US market. Even though when I check the Lumia warranty check site it shows "In Warranty in the US" and I was able to file for RMA without any issues.
    And your phone is a what? I have a 1520.3 (RM-938).
    04-06-2015 06:11 PM
    And your phone is a what? I have a 1520.3 (RM-938).
    1520.3 RM938 bought from Newegg during their first sale.
    04-06-2015 06:47 PM
    i have the same problem here plus when i tap on the top of the screen the capacitive butons works , for example the bing seach starts .
    is it a hardware issue or what ?
    04-20-2015 07:52 AM
    i have the same problem here plus when i tap on the top of the screen the capacitive butons works , for example the bing seach starts .
    is it a hardware issue or what ?
    Yeah that's the hardware issue caused by the screen being flexed, you either live with it or get the screen replaced, I suggest you do that if you are still in warranty.
    04-28-2015 06:36 PM
    Haven't found topic about this, so I will ask here. After I did Denim update on my 1520, my music and video stop after few seconds when I am on my headsets. Headsets works on PC and other phones but not on mine. I've found out that some people have also same problem, but no one knows the answer. Any thoughts? :(
    05-23-2015 12:31 PM
    has anyone had a problem with the device hub not installing properly? i've had my 1520 since december and the 80004004 install error began to happen sometime this year. i've looked everywhere and posted to a few different places with no luck on whats wrong :(
    07-01-2015 11:05 PM
797 ... 29303132