Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

12-01-2017 11:14 PM
797 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Hi every1. I have a brand new lumia 1520 and i noticed that it has either a little dust under display or some dead pixels. The place of the dust/dead pixels is about 1-1.5 cm under the A of NOKIA. Do u have the same problem?? What should I do? Thanks for any help! : D
    12-24-2013 06:25 AM
    Hi every1. I have a brand new lumia 1520 and i noticed that it has either a little dust under display or some dead pixels. The place of the dust/dead pixels is about 1-1.5 cm under the A of NOKIA. Do u have the same problem?? What should I do? Thanks for any help! : D
    Mine, too, has two specs of dust under the screen. I can't see them when the screen is on, so I don't really care. If you see them with the screen turned on, exchange the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-24-2013 07:12 AM
    To those who got their device replaced - did you notice issues with WiFi not working despite saying "connected" either before or after the replacement?
    Nope, never

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-24-2013 07:12 AM
    There is definitely a issue with the way the phone manages screen brightness.. With auto adjust off the device insist on dimming the screen so that you can never use it on high.. The device usually dims the screen immediately after it has been woken up.. This is very annoying because I like to use my device on max brightness.
    12-24-2013 09:33 PM
    Well, I preordered mine from the MS store and received it on November 23rd. It has been working good until last Sunday.

All of a sudden it will go back or to bing search. Sometimes the tiles will scroll up and down really fast. I can just set the phone on a table and after a few seconds it starts to do these weird things.

This is my first purchase online from the MS store so I am trying to figure out how to get it exchanged. There is no MS store close to me. I will call them tomorrow since they are closed today.
    12-25-2013 10:22 AM
    Well, I preordered mine from the MS store and received it on November 23rd. It has been working good until last Sunday.

All of a sudden it will go back or to bing search. Sometimes the tiles will scroll up and down really fast. I can just set the phone on a table and after a few seconds it starts to do these weird things.

This is my first purchase online from the MS store so I am trying to figure out how to get it exchanged. There is no MS store close to me. I will call them tomorrow since they are closed today.
    Get the latest firmware installed. I am told it fixes this.
    12-25-2013 11:40 PM
    To those who got their device replaced - did you notice issues with WiFi not working despite saying "connected" either before or after the replacement?
    Yes, just got my replacement yesterday. WiFi is connected but no internet. I'm having to reboot.
    12-26-2013 12:57 AM
    I got my Lumia 1520 today and its DEAD after 20minutes using the cellphone. WHAT A SHAME!

- I order the Lumia 1520 without contract on Amazon four weeks ago and i paid the ship cost to Brazil and all courrier fees (about ~200usd, total 749usd for it). I started the cellphone and sign with all my accounts, and after that i was rearranging my tiles when the cellphone restart and go to infinite loop. I tried the hard reset pressing POWER; Volume Down; Volume Up; POWER; Volume Down-- after the gears the cellphone back to infinite loop and NOW the screen doesn't turn on, even with power cable.

A $749 brick
    Last edited by HeyCori; 01-03-2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: edited profanity
    12-26-2013 11:08 AM
    Hello guys... i have a question relating to the future-proof potential of the 1520

Thought the 1520 is the most high spec-ed WP8 device out there and might also be one of the last REAL NOKIA phones,

heres a few questions i would like to ask about its future potential..

1.. When WP 8.1 is released will the device have full support ?

2.. Are there chances microsoft may offer better support for the later to come microsoft branded phones and give lesser preference to the NOKIA branded phones ?

3.. WP 8.1 is rumored to have on screen keys rather than physical ones, if future devices are launched without capacitive keys will older phones still support all features?

I agree that there are no good answers to these questions, but speculations would be great since microsoft is well know to cut off support and not give upgrades

so guys just answer away!

R.I.P NOKIA :( .....
    12-26-2013 11:35 AM
    I got my Lumia 1520 today and its DEAD after 20minutes using the cellphone. WHAT A SHAME! F*ck YOU NOKIA!

- I order the Lumia 1520 without contract on Amazon four weeks ago and i paid the ship cost to Brazil and all courrier fees (about ~200usd, total 749usd for it). I started the cellphone and sign with all my accounts, and after that i was rearranging my tiles when the cellphone restart and go to infinite loop. I tried the hard reset pressing POWER; Volume Down; Volume Up; POWER; Volume Down-- after the gears the cellphone back to infinite loop and NOW the screen doesn't turn on, even with power cable.

A $749 brick

F*CK YOU NOKIA!
    Hi,
    did you try to flash the mobile with a new firmware using Navifirm+ and Nokia suite ?
    12-26-2013 03:38 PM
    I got my Lumia 1520 today and its DEAD after 20minutes using the cellphone. WHAT A SHAME! F*ck YOU NOKIA!

A $749 brick

F*CK YOU NOKIA!

while this definitely sucks, it can happen with any phone. I camped in front of an Apple Store for the the iPhone 3GS back in the day when I was still dumb enough to do something like that. After waiting about 8 hours, I finally had it, only to find out that it was DOA. Went back to the store and was told they're sold out. Waited an entire month for a replacement.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk
    12-26-2013 04:38 PM
    while this definitely sucks, it can happen with any phone. I camped in front of an Apple Store for the the iPhone 3GS back in the day when I was still dumb enough to do something like that. After waiting about 8 hours, I finally had it, only to find out that it was DOA. Went back to the store and was told they're sold out. Waited an entire month for a replacement.

Your story is worse than mine, but I lost money i'll lose even more money on returning the device. Look the brick

Red Christmas Brick

3.jpg
    BRICK BRICK BRICK

Hi,
    did you try to flash the mobile with a new firmware using Navifirm+ and Nokia suite ?
    I tried with the Nokia Care Suite and Nokia Software Update for Retail. Dosent work
    Attached Thumbnails bricklumia1520.jpg  
    Last edited by imLou; 12-26-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    12-26-2013 08:08 PM
    Your story is worse than mine, but I lost money i'll lose even more money on returning the device. Look the brick

Red Christmas Brick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	52831
    BRICK BRICK BRICK

I tried with the Nokia Care Suite and Nokia Software Update for Retail. Dosent work
    so , if you connect your mobile to PC , then press the down key and power , then release the power and keep pressing the down until the exclamation mark appears , will your pc recognize ur mobile or not ?

if you start both nokia care suite and Nokia Software Update , will any of them recognize ur mobile in this mode ?
    I feel so angry and sorry for ur case , this is totally unfair , Nokia should replace it
    publish ur problem on this form as well
    Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 3 - Nokia Support Discussions
    12-27-2013 02:53 AM
    I have a bug when you shut off phone and turn on every time I get a message "SD card problem"
    There maybe something wrong with this SD card. Insert it into a computer to try and fix it.
    I tried putting in a computer checked out fine. Tried other SD card all different sizes and the same startup message. Everything is OK. Bad bug.
    My friends 1520 does the same thing.
    12-27-2013 10:14 AM
    I have a bug when you shut off phone and turn on every time I get a message "SD card problem"
    There maybe something wrong with this SD card. Insert it into a computer to try and fix it.
    I tried putting in a computer checked out fine. Tried other SD card all different sizes and the same startup message. Everything is OK. Bad bug.
    My friends 1520 does the same thing.
    12-27-2013 10:17 AM
    Anyone know why when I send a text to a contact in my contact list it displays their name. When I receive it"s replied it comes back as a phone number, why?
    12-27-2013 10:20 AM

Red Christmas Brick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	52831
    BRICK BRICK BRICK

:-(

12-27-2013 02:05 PM
    even I got the same problem , also when I apply pressure behind the phone , near the camera my screen distorts , when keeping the phone on any hard surface say a table the distortion is annoying .. :(
    anyone having the same problem ?
    12-28-2013 01:42 AM
    I replaced my device with a new one .. hopefully everything will be just fine.
    will send my status within the coming 24 hours
    12-28-2013 02:35 PM
    1. After initial setup, the phone played no sound whatsoever. Launching Xbox Music caused a harsh crackle from the speaker. Fixed with a hard reset.
    2. Touch screen issues as others have previously stated. Changed sensitivity and did a hard reset. Still an issue, but I am learning to adapt.
    3. Screen brightness dims ever so slightly at random times...maybe a 10% decrease at most.

Other than those three things, I'm pretty happy with the phone.
    Exactly❕ The screen dimming bug is annoying.. And, the 1520 gives the the term "Super sensitive touch" a whole new meaning...
    12-28-2013 09:44 PM
    Anyone know how I can fix the vibration pressing the back button? It is annoying and stress the vibration sensor inside.
    12-29-2013 05:23 AM
    Has anyone noticed the little rubber band between the screen and the polycarbonate body scuffing? I only noticed it on my phone because as my finger was sliding down I felt something there, but it was the rubber that had actually marked. Strange.
    12-29-2013 05:29 AM
    when i open some apps my Lumia 1520 got hanged. Tried three times but i faced the same pbm. My mobile freeze. Have to shutdown my mobile.
    opened apps
    file explorer
    archiver
    kirik sd file explorer
    downloaded from windows market
    even did factory reset also checked in service center still same problem.

Moring 11 a.m i unplugged the charger but 2.30 p.m battery low. I didn use my mobile. .mobile just connected to WiFi always. Four background task were running fb, appsocial,here maps and whatsapp.

upper half of my mobile both front and back it always heat. Couldn handle my mobile while calling even not able to hold.

really frustrating to use this mobile. Worst experience i ever had.
    12-29-2013 01:54 PM
    When i go to the photo album i get a distorted screen, anyone come acros this yet ?

wp_ss_20131229_0001.png wp_ss_20131229_0002.png
    Sonicpromo likes this.
    12-29-2013 02:00 PM
    One clarification
    Lumia 1520 battery capacity is 3400mah
    but in battery pro + app it is showing like
    battery capacity is 2000mah. My mobile is fully charged but it is showing 2000mah.
    can anyone please help me.
    12-29-2013 02:48 PM
797 ... 45678 ...