Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

BU2B2

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

It does happen under normal circumstances. A tap may be a little harder than usual, but I'm not pressing down on the screen crazily. I don't think I will bother having it looked at under warranty or anything, but it's a small gripe.

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap
this is very annoying , my Lumia 920 didn't have this problem , I tried the hard reset , switched off the backup, switched off skydrive uploads , flashed my mobile with another firmware , and I got no solution ... i'm very frustrated because of this silly problem. this is a basic feature of any mobile !

anyone managed to find a solution of the touch response issue ?

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

I don't think it will be fixed until Nokia has enough complaints.

Phone continues to reboot when using Here Drive so AT&T is shipping me a replacement.

JohnBingham

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I did post a new thread but not sure its worked, I'm missing the screen reader options, anyone else having this issue in ease of access? I thought this was part of GDR3?

Renan Gallardo

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I see... Hopefully it's something that can be fixed by a software update... I noticed it always involved the Music+Videos app, whether I'm within the app, backing out, or setting it to the background...

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Gents,
anyone who does not have the screen touch issue , please send the firmware revision number and product code
thanks in advance

Mr osi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting video stuttering whilst using the nokia cam(pro) app for video, 720 or 1080p, using an SD card. The weird thing is that the standard 'cam' app works absolutely fine even whilst recording 1080p.

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

SCREEN TOUCH ISSUE SOLUTION IS HERE
1. install an app to force extras+info update, I installed "Lumia Pusher" app which you can find in the store.
2. Find "Extras+Info" , in case of Lumia Pusher go to "System" tab then press on "extras+info"
3. Update
4. Restart you device
5. go to "Settings" then "Touch" then change the touch setting to Normal
6. Restart again
7. That's it.

Last edited:

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

SCREEN TOUCH ISSUE SOLUTION IS HERE
1. install an app to force extras+info update, I installed "Lumia Pusher" app which you can find in the store.
2. Find "Extras+Info" , in case of Lumia Pusher go to "System" tab then press on "extras+info"
3. Update
4. Restart you device
5. go to "Settings" then "Touch" then change the touch setting to Normal
6. Restart again
7. That's it.

Tried this and I apparently already have the latest "Extras+info". I still have the problem.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

UK here - i just got loads of store updates in one hit including - extras+into 3.3.3.2 - i did a soft reset and now booted - i will report back later
BTW you can no longer get lumia_push - Nokia tweeting me suggesting possible return

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

After having exchanged the device twice now, I have one that's largely trouble-free. It has two specs of dust under the glass of the screen but as they aren't visible when the device is on, I don't really care. Other than that, it seems to be perfect. Of the three I had, the first one had the worst touch-screen issues. The latest one doesn't have the swipe-click problem at all, doesn't have any screen shadows and the vibration works quietly as well. Looks like it's a keeper

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I got mine from amazon i dont think i can jsut keep exchanging till i get a good one - its realy sad to see this product go like this - Im also having extreeme issues with my new surface pro 2 - microsoft have admitted to messing up firmware n this though :?) - glad you got a working one

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

This is really weird !! tried what I wrote on 2 devices with the same firmware ... one worked , the other still have it !!!!

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Since todays store updates including - extras+into 3.3.3.2 -t seems alot better down from 1 in 15 swipes to 1 in 200
BUT..... incidentaly i have it out of the NOKIA flip case
I am now wondering if this case puts stress on the screen
How many people with swipe problems have case ?
I will post more info as i find it

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I got mine from amazon i dont think i can jsut keep exchanging till i get a good one - its realy sad to see this product go like this - Im also having extreeme issues with my new surface pro 2 - microsoft have admitted to messing up firmware n this though :?) - glad you got a working one

they only let me exchange the phones because those also had other problems. The first one had a screen defect (the area in the upper right corner was much darker than the rest of the screen), the second one had a bad vibration unit. It was pure luck that I got a good one now, I guess. Also, it should be clear by now that this is a hardware issue. But apparently Nokia is apparently trying to find a work-around as the new versions of the settings seems to ameliorate the issue somewhat for some people.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs