Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Since todays store updates including - extras+into 3.3.3.2 -t seems alot better down from 1 in 15 swipes to 1 in 200
BUT..... incidentaly i have it out of the NOKIA flip case
I am now wondering if this case puts stress on the screen
How many people with swipe problems have case ?
I will post more info as i find it

I never used a case on any of mine.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

So far i am 12 hours into the new UK extras+into 3.3.3.2 Out of the case
My miss swipes are around 1 in 200 down from 1 in 15 its liveable but its early days
swapping unit i would probably get one with worse problems
in paint program my screen draws perfectly thank god
so i hope they can tune finicky hardware problem out
any ways i have till 31st Jan to throw it back at Amazon

I will give it a few hours then put it back in the NOKIA flip case and see if it starts doing it again

I have CC to http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-1520-Screen-Sensitivity/m-p/2308727#M83165

bmastenbrook

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

To those who got their device replaced - did you notice issues with WiFi not working despite saying "connected" either before or after the replacement?

Lumia920amber

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi every1. I have a brand new lumia 1520 and i noticed that it has either a little dust under display or some dead pixels. The place of the dust/dead pixels is about 1-1.5 cm under the A of NOKIA. Do u have the same problem?? What should I do? Thanks for any help! : D

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Hi every1. I have a brand new lumia 1520 and i noticed that it has either a little dust under display or some dead pixels. The place of the dust/dead pixels is about 1-1.5 cm under the A of NOKIA. Do u have the same problem?? What should I do? Thanks for any help! : D

Mine, too, has two specs of dust under the screen. I can't see them when the screen is on, so I don't really care. If you see them with the screen turned on, exchange the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

There is definitely a issue with the way the phone manages screen brightness.. With auto adjust off the device insist on dimming the screen so that you can never use it on high.. The device usually dims the screen immediately after it has been woken up.. This is very annoying because I like to use my device on max brightness.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Well, I preordered mine from the MS store and received it on November 23rd. It has been working good until last Sunday.

All of a sudden it will go back or to bing search. Sometimes the tiles will scroll up and down really fast. I can just set the phone on a table and after a few seconds it starts to do these weird things.

This is my first purchase online from the MS store so I am trying to figure out how to get it exchanged. There is no MS store close to me. I will call them tomorrow since they are closed today.

Brian Richman

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Well, I preordered mine from the MS store and received it on November 23rd. It has been working good until last Sunday.

All of a sudden it will go back or to bing search. Sometimes the tiles will scroll up and down really fast. I can just set the phone on a table and after a few seconds it starts to do these weird things.

This is my first purchase online from the MS store so I am trying to figure out how to get it exchanged. There is no MS store close to me. I will call them tomorrow since they are closed today.

Get the latest firmware installed. I am told it fixes this.

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

To those who got their device replaced - did you notice issues with WiFi not working despite saying "connected" either before or after the replacement?
Yes, just got my replacement yesterday. WiFi is connected but no internet. I'm having to reboot.

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I got my Lumia 1520 today and its DEAD after 20minutes using the cellphone. WHAT A SHAME!

- I order the Lumia 1520 without contract on Amazon four weeks ago and i paid the ship cost to Brazil and all courrier fees (about ~200usd, total 749usd for it). I started the cellphone and sign with all my accounts, and after that i was rearranging my tiles when the cellphone restart and go to infinite loop. I tried the hard reset pressing POWER; Volume Down; Volume Up; POWER; Volume Down-- after the gears the cellphone back to infinite loop and NOW the screen doesn't turn on, even with power cable.

A $749 brick

Last edited by a moderator:

abzopatz

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Hello guys... i have a question relating to the future-proof potential of the 1520

Thought the 1520 is the most high spec-ed WP8 device out there and might also be one of the last REAL NOKIA phones,

heres a few questions i would like to ask about its future potential..

1.. When WP 8.1 is released will the device have full support ?

2.. Are there chances microsoft may offer better support for the later to come microsoft branded phones and give lesser preference to the NOKIA branded phones ?

3.. WP 8.1 is rumored to have on screen keys rather than physical ones, if future devices are launched without capacitive keys will older phones still support all features?

I agree that there are no good answers to these questions, but speculations would be great since microsoft is well know to cut off support and not give upgrades

so guys just answer away!

R.I.P NOKIA :( .....

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I got my Lumia 1520 today and its DEAD after 20minutes using the cellphone. WHAT A SHAME! F*ck YOU NOKIA!

- I order the Lumia 1520 without contract on Amazon four weeks ago and i paid the ship cost to Brazil and all courrier fees (about ~200usd, total 749usd for it). I started the cellphone and sign with all my accounts, and after that i was rearranging my tiles when the cellphone restart and go to infinite loop. I tried the hard reset pressing POWER; Volume Down; Volume Up; POWER; Volume Down-- after the gears the cellphone back to infinite loop and NOW the screen doesn't turn on, even with power cable.

A $749 brick

F*CK YOU NOKIA!

Hi,
did you try to flash the mobile with a new firmware using Navifirm+ and Nokia suite ?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I got my Lumia 1520 today and its DEAD after 20minutes using the cellphone. WHAT A SHAME! F*ck YOU NOKIA!

A $749 brick

F*CK YOU NOKIA!

while this definitely sucks, it can happen with any phone. I camped in front of an Apple Store for the the iPhone 3GS back in the day when I was still dumb enough to do something like that. After waiting about 8 hours, I finally had it, only to find out that it was DOA. Went back to the store and was told they're sold out. Waited an entire month for a replacement.

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site

while this definitely sucks, it can happen with any phone. I camped in front of an Apple Store for the the iPhone 3GS back in the day when I was still dumb enough to do something like that. After waiting about 8 hours, I finally had it, only to find out that it was DOA. Went back to the store and was told they're sold out. Waited an entire month for a replacement.

Your story is worse than mine, but I lost money i'll lose even more money on returning the device. Look the brick

Red Christmas Brick

3.jpg
BRICK BRICK BRICK

Hi,
did you try to flash the mobile with a new firmware using Navifirm+ and Nokia suite ?

I tried with the Nokia Care Suite and Nokia Software Update for Retail. Dosent work

Attachments

• brickLumia1520.jpg
    brickLumia1520.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Your story is worse than mine, but I lost money i'll lose even more money on returning the device. Look the brick

Red Christmas Brick

View attachment 52831
BRICK BRICK BRICK

I tried with the Nokia Care Suite and Nokia Software Update for Retail. Dosent work

so , if you connect your mobile to PC , then press the down key and power , then release the power and keep pressing the down until the exclamation mark appears , will your pc recognize ur mobile or not ?

if you start both nokia care suite and Nokia Software Update , will any of them recognize ur mobile in this mode ?
I feel so angry and sorry for ur case , this is totally unfair , Nokia should replace it
publish ur problem on this form as well
Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 3 - Nokia Support Discussions

PTMark

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I have a bug when you shut off phone and turn on every time I get a message "SD card problem"
There maybe something wrong with this SD card. Insert it into a computer to try and fix it.
I tried putting in a computer checked out fine. Tried other SD card all different sizes and the same startup message. Everything is OK. Bad bug.
My friends 1520 does the same thing.

PTMark

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I have a bug when you shut off phone and turn on every time I get a message "SD card problem"
There maybe something wrong with this SD card. Insert it into a computer to try and fix it.
I tried putting in a computer checked out fine. Tried other SD card all different sizes and the same startup message. Everything is OK. Bad bug.
My friends 1520 does the same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion