Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

dream_theory

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Looks like my problems are minor in comparison. My physical keys have poor backlighting (first few days they were bright white and sexy, now they look almost amber) and my screen randomly puts out a series of horizontal lines during videos, I see it on Netflix a lot especially in animated shows with bright and vibrant color schemes. I am going to do an exchange tomorrow the only problem is the lines during video issue can't be repeated on command, it just kinda shows up when and where it wants, so I'm unsure if I can actually show proof of this to the at&t people. I'm still within fourteen days of purchase though so I think their exchange policy for this period is no questions asked except in cases of obvious user damage.

Aside from these issues the phone is near perfect for me. Hope my exchange model doesn't bring even more issues.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Only issue I've noticed so far is when unlocking, it gets stuck on super bright for a few seconds before settling into the proper brightness (I'm set to auto). Not a big deal at all but when it's dark, it can be physically painful if I'm not expecting it.

GolferChris68

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Worst phone I ever used in my life.. full of bugs. Three out of ten
Why I gave three
1. Offline map
2. Mixradio(needs lot improvement)
3. Nokia apps
Most apps not working. If I open third party app my mobile got hanged. Have to restart.

Touch response is very poor

Battery worst when I connects in wifi. Have to charge my mobile within 3 hours if its connects to wifi.

Heat problem- if connects in wifi I can not hold my mobile. Upper half front and back gets heat.

When I put charger in night tmrw I open my outlook or gmail. That app wont give any response ve to restart my phone.

Screen is flickrs sometimes..

Worst phone. Nokia must provide the update or should stop the production. So Others wont waste their money. As per my experience i ll say do not go for Lumia 1520

No issues with battery or heat on my red Lumia 1520, purchased from an AT&T store a few days ago. Screen is fine too, other than the issue that a swipe is occasionally treated as a tap. The applications are fine too. Really seems like an issue with your individual phone.

Battery life is pretty good. First charge, moderate use, downloading of a bunch of apps, browsing web, playing some video, push email running, etc.

wp_ss_20140106_0001.png

diazlaz

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site

Has anyone experience the phone locking up when attempting to shutdown the phone at the goodbye screen ?

I even did a hard reset thinking it might if been related to initial issue with the initial configuration. Not sure if its related to an app I have installed.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Several findings so far ( 3 weeks):

1. Occasional self reboots (around once a week).
2. Touch sensitivity issue (sometimes a swipe is registered as touch)
3. Biggest issue: VOLUME CONTROL
(Volume control does not always work. I can see the actual value (XX/30) goes up or down, but there's no change to the music I am listening to. This mainly happens when I am using audio jack (AUX/headphone), but once this happens, even unplugged, the problem remains. Sometimes there's no sound at all even I turn the volume to 30/30, so annoying.)

Just an FYI I went ahead and exchanged my phone. The new one does not have this issue, so if you are experiencing it your going to have to replace it. Also the buttons are just as flush on this device, so I don't think that exchanging the device will solve that issue.

Just picked mine up last night, and these are the two most prevalent issues for me. As per cubanaso's advice I'll be exchanging it this week, hopefully my new one doesn't have the volume issue. At least I've found a workaround for the volume not changing: turn the volume up or down then change the song.

Tim Bearden

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I have this same problem with my picture menu distorting sometimes. I found that if I back out, close I down by clicking the X and then restarting it it's usually OK after that.

LiveTilesRus

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Power Management is Effed up

I occasionally get a runaway process or something. The clue is.... you haven't touched the phone in an hour or more, and you pick it up and it is warmish on the back near the camera. Check battery life and it has been depleted severely from what you last knew it to be.

Also, several times the phone has not acknowledged the charger being plugged in. Once I thought I was going to get a one hour charge to find out after that one hour that nothing happened. Happened again this morning. I plugged in waited a minute. Nothing. Tried several times and finally the phone recognized the charger. After 20 minutes I checked on it and it wasn't charging. (No plug symbol over the battery icon).

Of course we all know a quick reboot restored normal functionality. I had a little over 24 hours of uptime at the time the above was happening. Another reason I'm justified rebooting my phones once every 24 hours, especially WP8. Between battery run downs and odd charging behavior "runtime achievements" are not worth it. I use my phone as an alarm. If I have a flight to catch or an important meeting, you can be sure that the 1520 will not be my alarm that morning (to be fair my Galaxy Note 3 with 4.3 has had similar issues. Not with charging but a battery rundown event. The only phone that I've had that has never had a battery rundown is the iPhone 5. It is my go to gotta-be-up-at-4 a.m.-to-catch-a-flight alarm).

As a pioneer I can live with bugs and quirks. But the above issues are enough that I would never recommend this device to a friend/coworker. Unless I was tired of their friendship or wanted to **** them off.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

With the latest update, the screen sensitivity thing seems to have been fixed on mine. However, my WiFi connection isn't stable anymore now. It craps out after about 2 minutes. It shows it's connected but no data gets through. Renders the phone unusable for me - already tried a factory reset. Is there any way to remove the update?

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

Im not sure if this also work with extrass + info..change the date on your phone where you expect the OS will be no longer be supported it will give you the option to delete(this was suggested by one user over the forum also and tested on mine during the display + touch update bug.
With the latest update, the screen sensitivity thing seems to have been fixed on mine. However, my WiFi connection isn't stable anymore now. It craps out after about 2 minutes. It shows it's connected but no data gets through. Renders the phone unusable for me - already tried a factory reset. Is there any way to remove the update?

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes when I unlock the phone the colors are fuzzy and very very distorted, locking and unlocking again solve the problem..

I also have this :(. Is it hardware or software (hopefully) issue?

I've tried to make a screenshot but saved picture only shows normal screen...

Seba DegaRock Pardo

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

The only problem in my unit seems to be this "pop" sound. But is random for the systems sounds; music and video works great only some songs , in a specific album get this crack or something, just in the beginning. Same in games, some get this crack sound like in the start an then gone. The other day I manage to solve the problem but at restart it came back, but lead me to think in a full software problem. Maybe is normal or there's a way to fix it with an app or an update. Besides that, I love this phone.

P.S.: If you mute the phone, still sounds (only the pop or crack), if you turn up to 30, it's gone. With headphones no problems, all perfect.

anon(8010562)

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Jus found a single overbright white pixel stuck on the screen.
Its still there after the following:
- Reboot.
- Slight pressure massage on the affected area.
- Run a full LCD color test cycle.
:(

Only evident on white, blue and red backgrounds. Nothing on black and green. Also not visible head on. Only post tilting the screen a slight 30 degrees plus...

Any other suggestions?

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Not a bug or a defect, but a design issue for me is having the headphone jack at the top of the device. I use a set of Sony ear buds with a short cord that is always in the way covering the screen when in portrait mode. The bottom of the device would be a much better location for me.

(I also can't stand that the mini USB connector is not symmetrical and that I have to fuss with aligning it in the dark each night. The iPhone lighting dock seemed like an insignificant upgrade when I got my iPhone5 last year, but after two weeks with this USB connector, I can appreciate just how much something as small as this detail can really make for a better user experience.)

yafsou

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Hi, mine got the screen sensitivity issue and the extra+info's update didn't fix it, it's definitely better than out of the box. Otherwise everything is fine

Sent from my RM-937_eu_france_219 using Tapatalk

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site

My phone doesn't load music from the micro SD card anymore. It just shows the music as "other" under the memory breakdown. I synced the card with WMP after reformatting the SD card because artists started getting deleted even though all of their songs were still in my library. The music+videos app is so buggy they really really need to fix it with 8.1, if they have to they should rewrite the whole app since I don't know anyone that doesn't have a problem with it.

Angree Panda

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

The issue I have is when I take a photo with any camera app i.e. Nokia Camera, Stock Camera, Cam Fish....etc. I have done both a hard and soft resets but still getting dual images. When I delete one image both pictures are deleted. Going to get see about getting a replacement phone later this week.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Faced strange bug on weekend. I put my phone on charge but charging won't start. I checked all cable's junctions changed outlets - no luck... Then I flipped charger upside down and charging started but a very slow rate, like 15% per hour. After that I uninstalled "Battery" app and restarted my phone. Issue gone. So it seems like issue appeared because of this app but I'm not totally sure. Just wanted to share. Maybe this can help somebody...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6