Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

My 1520 deletes song information off the sd card. Every couple days a song's album or artist tag will be deleted. My 1520 has also deleted playlists and album art. 5 weeks in and my entire music library is getting closer and closer to having unknown artist and unknown album.

have you guys with SD card problems tried using a class 6 SD card instead? I'm putting money on you using class 10 or newer. You'll have to order a class 6 online, they're an older standard.

9 times out of 10 this fixes any SD card issue with any device.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Or just use a Samsung class 10 card. They seem to work flawlessly in Lumias, as I've never seen someone state otherwise. Mine works perfectly.

Nikito27

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys, my lumia's speaker makes a strange sound. Let me explain: when the speaker is supposed to make any tipe of sound after it has made the sound it stays turned on for a wile and makes a buzz like sound until after a few seconds it pops and goes silent again. It makes the same tipe of sound also when i use earphones, when i have them on and i'm not playing any music it buzzez. Its really strange also becuse when i'm actually playing music it sounds normall! Has anyone had the same problem?

anon(8010562)

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Got a weird issue. Did a phone reset. Restored back my usual settings and now, Nokia Storyteller app does not want to install. Gives the error that it is not available for my phone (1520)

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

have you guys with SD card problems tried using a class 6 SD card instead? I'm putting money on you using class 10 or newer. You'll have to order a class 6 online, they're an older standard.

9 times out of 10 this fixes any SD card issue with any device.

Yep, Sandisk Ultra, Class 10. So buy a class 6? I don't even know where to get a Class 6 card. Amazon sells mainly Class 10 and I don't know if I want to buy one from an individual buyer

Ahmed El Hefnawy

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Mmm I guess I am having a problem with a burnt light in the upper right corner in the screen, in the light theme it becomes more apparent. Anyone having this issue???

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Got a weird issue. Did a phone reset. Restored back my usual settings and now, Nokia Storyteller app does not want to install. Gives the error that it is not available for my phone (1520)

I read somewhere that Nokia has pulled the app. They updated it a few days ago and there were some problems with it.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

There were some problems after the last update so they remove it from the store.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Nokia 1520
- Very bad touch (as in "can't use it without doing something wrong"). Been ranting in every blog about this. Affects everything from typing to browsing to selecting tiles.
- Lack of Traditional Chinese with PinYin input (Prevents me from writing mails, sending text messages etc.).
- No swipe keyboard. Input while moving is more prone to error.
- Word prediction while typing doesn't work everywhere and is generally slow, very slow
- Cursor can't be positioned between two characters in some areas. OS only allows for whole word selection in some apps or parts of apps. Prevents proper editing operations
- Can't access of manage files in SD properly.
- MS office can't read files from SD (hilarious) nor can open MS word password protected files (more hilarious, since all 3rd party software can on Android).
- Screen brightness shows brightness changes also with all auto functions off.
- Sometimes display shows negative images like when a PC graphic card is scaling to a worse resolution or before a graphic card is getting broken.
- Skype won't allow to send files and videos.
- File sharing with common apps is scarce or none in many apps that in Android give it for granted.
- Calendars allow you to add appointments and events but won't allow you to modify them.

Terrible user experience overall.

I think I counted one bug/defect in there...:winktongue:

The rest were OS or app complaints...not that they aren't valid. But no different than what I would hear on an iOS or Android forum for other reasons. Every phone/OS has it's strengths and weaknesses...I find the 1520 has very few in my use. I do hate the way the cursor positions compared to iOS, but it does work for me.

Will be interesting to see what 8.1 brings.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Hi Mozman,

Actually, 3 defects
- Oversensitiveness (last update installed). I can grant you i can't type an email straight, nor can browse the desktop without opening something i don't need to. Same everywhere. So to me it's a bug, a very limiting one.
- Screen with odd behaviours (like showing negative images). Image disappears, then reappears in negative (like a landscape with mountains and a river shows only in pink and black). So it's a bug.
- The screen brightness issue for me is not a complaint. It's a software issue that wasn't fixed (1520 comes out with Black update out of the box as you know). That's a bug too, for me.

Have a good weekend...mine is gone already :)

The last half of your post does not belong in this thread. Please move it to the appropriate thread or I will have to delete it.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Hi Mozman,

Actually, 3 defects
- Oversensitiveness (last update installed). I can grant you i can't type an email straight, nor can browse the desktop without opening something i don't need to. Same everywhere. So to me it's a bug, a very limiting one.
- Screen with odd behaviours (like showing negative images). Image disappears, then reappears in negative (like a landscape with mountains and a river shows only in pink and black). So it's a bug.
- The screen brightness issue for me is not a complaint. It's a software issue that wasn't fixed (1520 comes out with Black update out of the box as you know). That's a bug too, for me.

...and I have not experienced any of those. Lucky me!

bjorn909

May 23, 2013
Visit site

...and I have not experienced any of those. Lucky me!

Got my first 1520 last Sunday. Worked good for 5 days then main speaker went out. Were given a new phone, now the new one has the oversensitive issue.. I really like the phone but this is getting ridiculous.

I also have the 'issue' that the screen turns grey and the font looks thinner during phone calls. Had this issue on my 920 as well sometimes, but on the 1520 it happens all the time. Is this considered a bug? It really looks ugly...

Last edited:

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

every Nokia phone does that and even the HTC 8x. It just seems to be particularly noticeable on the 1520

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99