Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

zain1986

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

my lumia gets warm from the top around the camera while playing games. it does not get very hot but just feels a little uncomfortable to touch. i don't know if its a problem or its normal. does anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Juan Rondon

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Tiny spec of dust under my screen !!!!!...
Guys any of you experienced the same problem. I hate that, I baby my device all the time and today cleaning the screen I just noticed the tiny spec, it looks like a dead pixel (white) but it is not, even when I turn off the device it is still there.... Hope is not a similar problem as the lumia 920...

Last edited:

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

my lumia gets warm from the top around the camera while playing games. it does not get very hot but just feels a little uncomfortable to touch. i don't know if its a problem or its normal. does anyone else is experiencing this issue?

happens to me too...only when playing games. Perfectly normal IMHO.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I ended up buying a Class 6 SD card but a different issue began. All my songs are duplicated. (I have xbox music off)

zakaweb

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm dealing with my third Nokia 1520 with the same issue. There is a speaker pop that occurs when playing certain games or randomly when switching apps. Yesterday the speaker audio stopped working after I removed a wired headphone and was fixed by a soft reset. I've had one 32gb version from ATT, one 16gb version from ATT and a 32gb I got from Amazon. I'm disappointed that Nokia's flagship phone has so many problems, I don't know if this is hardware or software connected. I'm frustrated, it's a great phone in concept but these seeming wide spread problems are surprising as it's hard to see how they could have been missed with a good QC department. Anyone else having similar speaker pops.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

yea, i also have it. it happens like 5 seconds after a sound is played, or when i skip songs.
nokia just can't make a phone without faults... its my 6th lumia device, and every single one had something faulty.
but i also noticed the crackling noise in my first lumia 920 (that was my 3rd lumia btw)...

Edwin Hii

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Something went wrong with my dedicated camera shutter key. I can no longer use it to focus. But I still can activate the camera app by pressing the shutter key. It just cant focus and it will keep on taking photos until i press the back key. Anyone facing this problem ? Is this a bug or factory defects ?

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Reading this thread puts me thinking, should i spend my money and buy the 1520? I want to give a try to WP but with all these problems im a bit scared.
My Note 2 never had any major problem. Oohh its getting more confusing wether i should buy the Note 3 or the 1520...

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Of course im worried. Dont want to spend a good amont of money to get stressed up. You would be more kind if you stated that the problems are getting solved. Im not on a WP f?rum to say that the Note is better than 1520. I have the Note 2 and only can say what ive experienced. Im in this f?rum because i really like the 1520.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone have an issue with auto brightness turned on? As in where the phones brightness goes absurdly high, in sunlight. To the point that it distorts colors? And sometimes when unlocking the phone, it stays dim, for a few seconds or until a lock and unlock?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

techsilver13

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Of course im worried. Dont want to spend a good amont of money to get stressed up. You would be more kind if you stated that the problems are getting solved. Im not on a WP f?rum to say that the Note is better than 1520. I have the Note 2 and only can say what ive experienced. Im in this f?rum because i really like the 1520.

You seem to be getting defensive over what I said. For the most part people in the particular thread have issues that is why we and I am here. If they were getting fixed through software it would be reported here but its not, obviously. As I said Nokia has an amazing warranty so if you are willing to take a chance on getting a phone that may not be perfect and more than likely will have an issue get the Nokia. Generally Samsung has no issues from my experience with my Droid charge, infuse, international S2, att S2, Skyrocket, S3, Note 2, and S4. If you want the sure bet and a phone that more than likely won't have any issues stall get the Note 3. Hopefully it's spelled out enough for you now. No one said the note is better than a Lumia. I am saying its probably the better choice to get a Samsung device.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

in my opinion there is no way that you get a 1520 that is 100% ok.
i am with my 2nd 1520 now, and im still deciding which one i keep.
The 1st one has that speaker crackling which was the reason why i got a 2nd one from Amazon for testing.
The 2nd one also has the speaker cracklin tho..
But the 2nd one also has a slight touch sensitivity problem which doesnt exist on the 1st one, but the screen color is colder than the 1st ones screen, so i like that screen better.
I have no idea how to decide which one to keep, but i know i will keep one, because somehow i still like the damn device.....:crying:

zakaweb

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

The speaker problems seems to exist on nearly every 1520. Hopefully a patch can fix this. I'm on my third, they've all had that issue.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi,
btw, i returned the 2nd device, since it happened to have strange Display errors.
When i unlocked it yesterday, the Display showed strange colors and everything was scrambled.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

The speaker problems seems to exist on nearly every 1520. Hopefully a patch can fix this. I'm on my third, they've all had that issue.

not only the 1520 - they also exist on the 1020 and even the HTC 8x, albeit to a lesser extent. This is clearly a WP8 problem and probably has (for once) nothing to do with Nokia.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

zakaweb

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I hope you are correct and I can't wait for update 8.1 to hopefully get rid of this and other problems.

brunsta

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm having a similar issue. If I activate the camera from the lock screen, I can take a photo ok but a) it is taking 2-3 shots at the one time and b) I cannot share the pic. If I choose share it rotates as if to give me other options then just returns to the photo. It loops around. This has been the past 2-3 weeks.

Tonight I have gone to send a pic from my camera roll via the Messages app. When I first clicked the paperclip then selected Message - it brought up the Photos selection but the word Photo was all over the screen. i went out and back in and it was ok. I could select the photio but it wouldn't attach to the message. So I tried to go via Photos and click Share > Messaging. Same thing. It will not attach photos.

I've power cycled but the problem still exists. It's just so annoying... Any fixes please?

cariocap

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

go to store and check if you have any update available and apply them.
I used to have this problem in Whatsapp when trying to share a picture and nothing happens but an system update (sorry I cant remember which one) fixed the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss