Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

I'm on my 4th 1520 now and I finally have one that does not have the touch/swipe bug. Either Nokia has fixed it in later hardware batches or they've put an update out in Europe, but I've had it for 10 days now there's no sign of this problem. It still does the speaker popping thing, though, like all the others as well

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I am HOPING that this is a one time thing, but just in case, thought I would mention it. :)

I took the phone off the charger at 4:20am this morning. I get to work and after a while and some use, I plug it back in and go about my work. I unplug it a few times here and there when walking away from my desk and I noticed that the battery was down to 67%. It should not be that low since it has spent a good amount of time on the charger.

I use Battery Performance app to monitor the battery and when looking at the history, it shows that it has not been on a charger sine 4:20am.

I plug the USB cable in and nothing. Tried different ports, different cables and even tried different phones to see if they would charge.

Oh man, I don't want to get a replacement!!! I just got it!!!

I restart the phone... WHEW! Charging!!

Anyone else seen this?

I am going to keep an eye on it and if it does it again, I am going to go for a replacement. I, unfortunately, cannot do it in store since I have the 32GB from AT&T. :(

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I am HOPING that this is a one time thing, but just in case, thought I would mention it. :)

I took the phone off the charger at 4:20am this morning. I get to work and after a while and some use, I plug it back in and go about my work. I unplug it a few times here and there when walking away from my desk and I noticed that the battery was down to 67%. It should not be that low since it has spent a good amount of time on the charger.

I use Battery Performance app to monitor the battery and when looking at the history, it shows that it has not been on a charger sine 4:20am.

I plug the USB cable in and nothing. Tried different ports, different cables and even tried different phones to see if they would charge.

Oh man, I don't want to get a replacement!!! I just got it!!!

I restart the phone... WHEW! Charging!!

Anyone else seen this?

I am going to keep an eye on it and if it does it again, I am going to go for a replacement. I, unfortunately, cannot do it in store since I have the 32GB from AT&T. :(

Actually if you still have the problem don't head into a normal AT&T store. Look for the phone number of a nearby AT&T Device Service Center.

Usually they keep even web exclusive devices in storage there for exchanges.

That said I haven't seen that behavior on either of our 1520s using the stock charger, but I did have it happen once on the 16GB model when I forgot my charger at home and had to briefly use someone elses charger over a weekend.

CarlosRM82

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm on my 4th 1520 now and I finally have one that does not have the touch/swipe bug. Either Nokia has fixed it in later hardware batches or they've put an update out in Europe, but I've had it for 10 days now there's no sign of this problem. It still does the speaker popping thing, though, like all the others as well

I have an European 1520 too, with all the software updated, and I still have the problem... (RM-937 GB unlocked)

y2kern

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

i have an issue with my 1520, mine is the international version,

my camera refuses to come on, the video sticks and stutters when it does come on, and the app keeps crashing, 80% of times the camera does not work. i tried default wp camera , nokia camera, nokia pro cam, nokia camera beta all with the same probem, i factory reset the phone 2 times and still the same problem, i am beginning to think its a defective camera module, i am very disappointed in nokia for this, their quality control went though the window. the worst part is i bought it on ebay from a seller that got it in hong kong there is no way for me to exchange it. i live in trinidad and tobago caribbean, so i may have to repair the phone myself. nokia support is terrible for international buyers, called the regional office in north america and no one answers the phone. this may be my last nokia phone, unless microsoft improves the quality of these phones.

ypi

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

I've been reading a lot of these problems, including Nokia forum without any official responses and this is almost stopping me from going with the 1520. I may stick with the 1020 and wait for its successor. :straight:

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I've been reading a lot of these problems, including Nokia forum without any official responses and this is almost stopping me from going with the 1520. I may stick with the 1020 and wait for its successor. :straight:

You have to remember that this forum as well as others are only a small percentage of owners. If I went to any forums and based my decision on which phones had the least amount of issues reported, I would still be on my old Motorola Star-Tac...

I have a 1520. I have been using it for a few days now (since I just got it) and am not having any of these other issues people are having. The charge issue I reported has not happened again. I had a Dimness issue that was caused by the Glance Screen Background app, other than that, nothing bad to report.

If you want it, I say go for it.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Good decision man. Though I haven't encountered any unresolved issue except for BT with Android devices suddenly disconnecting.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

I have no problems with my international 1520. Sometimes screen sensitivity issue occurs.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I get a ton of frame drops when recording video. It skips like crazy.

The audio is fine. The video is not complex either. Static background with one person moving.

I believe it is recorded to my SD card but I have no ide if that matters. It's a SanDisk Ultra 64. The one that everyone has said works. I have 48GB of music plus prerecorded videos on it and they all work fine. Also, Xbox Music catalogued it and uses it just fine too. (10GB are free on the card. 11GB on the phone.)

Does anyone else have this issue?

Except for that and the absolutely annoying touch sensitivity problem the phone is amazing! I hope the firmware fix the rest of the world got fixes these things.

Device: L1520 (32GB) with 64GB SanDisk Ultra 10

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I get a ton of frame drops when recording video. It skips like crazy.

The audio is fine. The video is not complex either. Static background with one person moving.

I believe it is recorded to my SD card but I have no ide if that matters. It's a SanDisk Ultra 64. The one that everyone has said works. I have 48GB of music plus prerecorded videos on it and they all work fine. Also, Xbox Music catalogued it and uses it just fine too. (10GB are free on the card. 11GB on the phone.)

Does anyone else have this issue?

Except for that and the absolutely annoying touch sensitivity problem the phone is amazing! I hope the firmware fix the rest of the world got fixes these things.

Device: L1520 (32GB) with 64GB SanDisk Ultra 10

The SanDisk Ultras are too slow for the 1520. It requires the Extreme Plus models to work, not even just the regular Extreme. That's the model that everyone has confirmed as working.

cmore675

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

My 1520 had been working great until late last week. Then it became "possessed". Different apps would display on their own (Bing Search being the most common), the screen would scroll by itself, it would go into the apps list mode by itself and/or the screen would lock-up entirely. Took it to my local AT&T store and they suggested that I request to have it replaced. So ... the 2nd one is on its way - here's hoping.

Same here all updates have been done. renders phone unusable for awhile.

wps81

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

My only perceivable issue was "•Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap" until yesterday, when I got a new firmware update. Now, after the update and reboot, the issue occurs WAY much less than before. It was like 1 in 5 actions was incorrect, now 2 days passed and I only got twice of it.

Teacher Buri

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Blemishes. I've got a lot of water-like blemishes on my black lumia. I did everything to wipe them off, however, I couldn't make them go away. I went to a Nokia Care service to talk the problem to a technician. They said that the phone is very new in the market (Turkey) and they haven't seen such a problem before. The man suggested sending my phone to the service centre in Istanbul. I rejected him for the time being because I really like my phone despite its other problems. The worse thing is that blemishes are proliferating, I think.

fotograf 3.JPG
fotograf 4.JPG
fotograf 2.jpg

Last edited:

AzelDazel

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Iv had the swipe/tap bug for a while now even after update. i switched off double tap to wake today and the issue has completely gone, might be worth a try for anyone still with the problem.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Blemishes. I've got a lot of water-like blemishes on my black lumia. I did everything to wipe them off, however, I couldn't make them go away. I went to a Nokia Care service to talk the problem to a technician. They said that the phone is very new in the market (Turkey) and they haven't seen such a problem before. The man suggested sending my phone to the service centre in Istanbul. I rejected him for the time being because I really like my phone despite its other problems. The worse thing is that blemishes are proliferating, I think.

That's actually a defect in the plastic/polycarbonate used. There were a run of RCA TVs made about 3 or 4 years ago that had the same issue. Overtime it starts to develops into larger 'spikes'. They can be cleaned off, but they will keep coming back...almost like a mold.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6