Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

My only perceivable issue was "?Screen responds to scrolling finger slide incorrectly and opens an app like a screen tap" until yesterday, when I got a new firmware update. Now, after the update and reboot, the issue occurs WAY much less than before. It was like 1 in 5 actions was incorrect, now 2 days passed and I only got twice of it.

Where do you live that you were able to get the update? I haven't seen it in the US yet but have heard of it overseas.

Mister360

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I'm the new guy.

nice to meet all of you :)

I don't know if I am in the right place, but if I am then please help me.

I bought a nokia lumia 1520 from amazon last week, and I have this strange problem on the screen.

I can see what ever i was doing before i went back the home screen, like whatever I am doing was printed in the home screen and

I can see it behind the life tiles, I went to an O2 store, I stay in the UK, and I found the same problem in their lumia 1020.

What is this problem ?

And did I did something that caused it ?

And can I fix this problem ?

Thanks for the help in advance.

RedDawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I need to take mine back to AT&T. The thing constantly goes to the bing screen and I can't use the back arrow. I have to hit the power button and then go back in. Really annoying. Ive only had the screen flickering a couple times.

Allan Cantillo M

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

I have the exact same problem with all firmware and software updates.
I need to constantly hit the power button for everything, sometimes the back, search and start button are not responsive. So you need to touch the power button and then the buttons work, the same for the touch, sometimes the touch does not respond at all, and you need to hit the power button twice to have the screen touch working, really really annoying.
Ask my little son of almost three years old, he is very pissed off when this happens, and believe me that is getting more and more frequent.

OS Version 8.0.10521.155
Firmware revision: 1028.3562.1402.0003

ViciousJay

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys,

Is anyone getting the following?

1. When i receive and email and delete say off my Outlook on my computer it will not do it on the phone as well, the email still is there... grrrrrr
2. No matter what email account i have i cant go into my sent items and have it download them all to the phone
3. How can I turn off the Siri-like button push?
4. Any settings that can conserve more battery life? (I have turned off the mail setting push to fetch only now)

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

So I finally ran into a problem that is necessitating a return to AT&T (and even though I'm outside of the 14-days they are working with me on this) that I wasn't expecting.

On the screen less than an inch from the top and just right of center I'm developing a bright set of pixels. It's not stuck pixels or dead pixels. It's just a group where it seems more of the light is bleeding through. When I've seen this type of issue before it's usually from a component pressing on the screen from the back. It's usually not something you spot right away, but something that can show up with time if the pressure is light enough but still present at all times, and then it just spreads a bit.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough I haven't really had much issue with the tap/swipe bug. It seems I run into it once a week or so.

I have a 520 I bought to use as a backup device now until my new 1520 gets here.

Although I will agree that I think on my particular device it was the camera module pressing on the screen. I can't confirm though as I didn't want to blow the warranty.

snmitch1965

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

The first main issues I'm having, as noted in separate posts, is still the erratic touch response. It either ignore swipes or treats them as a tap, which will randomly open unwanted apps or makes various selections.

+1 for this - it is my only real complaint with the 1520. The digitizer is quite erratic compared to my 920, although I concede this could be something in the most recent update. But swipes are actioned as touches or presses a lot. Trying to scroll a list will actually press the first thing you got your finger near too - pretty much every time. Really impacts usability. Disappointment. I think it is a black update bug not a hardware bug, but I have no way to really know.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

+1 for this - it is my only real complaint with the 1520. The digitizer is quite erratic compared to my 920, although I concede this could be something in the most recent update. But swipes are actioned as touches or presses a lot. Trying to scroll a list will actually press the first thing you got your finger near too - pretty much every time. Really impacts usability. Disappointment. I think it is a black update bug not a hardware bug, but I have no way to really know.

I'm having the same thing happen from time to time as well as the brightness issue. Have mine set to medium and when I unlock the phones at time it's really bright then goes back to the medium setting. Doesn't happen all the time but nonethelss a little annoying. Think they need to publish another update to fix these issues.

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Yes, same with my 1520. The phone would be absolutely great if the touch could recognize swipes correctly. The problem has to be partially in hardware since different units behave differently. Nokia has tried to fix it with updates several times but have not succeeded, so it is probably not easy to fix. We can only hope that they are still trying.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Nokia has tried to fix it with updates several times but have not succeeded, so it is probably not easy to fix. We can only hope that they are still trying.

I don't think nokia tried to fix it at all personally (no mention of it in any firmware docs)

The euphoria on new firmware+system app installs is driven by the fact the problem temporarily goes away when powered off or soft rebooted
Recently there has been more and more people claiming that the "fix" fails and the problems just to come back on next day.

Could be it needs OS level intervention or its just hard luck on certain hardware.
More and more people are now starting to voice annoyance maybe just maybe nokia might help/explain

Who knows :?(

cmore675

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

My 1520 goes absolutely nuts at times..it's starting to really freaking annoy me. Apps opening, freezing, going back like I touched the hardware back button. Music jumping tracks to other albums midway through the song..wtf.

Beach_man

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Just curious, do you never ever notice strange behavior when you swipe? No unwanted taps? No text selection or unwanted zooming when you scroll a web page?

Mine has all swipe bugs you describe.
  • Unwanted taps
  • Unwanted text selection
  • Unwanted zooming
I got my phone 4 weeks ago and has the issues since day one.

None of the app updates has fixed it.

Some days it does not occur often and some days it occurs all the time.

This is BAD, REALLY BAD if this is not going to be fixed soon I'm switching back to IPhone!

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

had the same issue with my 720 , after amber it reduced but was still there ,now since i got the black update,the problem went away on its own ,try updating to black or do a hard reset imo,unless its a hardware issue in ur case,for mine it seemed to be a software issue but it only affected my 720 and my dads 720 not my moms 820

Beach_man

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

had the same issue with my 720 , after amber it reduced but was still there ,now since i got the black update,the problem went away on its own ,try updating to black or do a hard reset imo,unless its a hardware issue in ur case,for mine it seemed to be a software issue but it only affected my 720 and my dads 720 not my moms 820

Lumia 1520 comes with preinstalled black update. I have already tried a hard reset with no luck...

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 1520 comes with preinstalled black update. I have already tried a hard reset with no luck...

Return it. my first unit had some issues and that is included. the second one nokia sent me is excellent for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon