Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Return it. my first unit had some issues and that is included. the second one nokia sent me is excellent for me
Yes, this seems to be the only real option for us that do not like the faulty touch screen. I will return mine, but I think I will wait awhile longer. Perhaps until after WP8.1 is released.

maverickrohan

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I just sent my Lumia 1520 for repairs to Nokia as it had two very annoying issues:

1. It had two bright spots in the top right region of the screen ... not pixels, but really just the backlight shining though more brightly in two small regions. (2mm and 3mm in diameter)

2. Way too many false clicks for me to handle for the next two years while scrolling/swiping ... this one was too annoying ... the firmware update which was supposed to fix this, did absolutely nothing on my device.

So now I am using my Lumia 920 for the next two weeks till they either fix or replace the phone.

Faksnima

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

I have the same bright spots issue, Mavericks. There is another thread on this forum about this very issue. It seems common place. My replacement still had bright spots but they were less visible. Apparently it has to do w/ the camera/vibrating mechanism. I haven't decided if I'm opting for a 3rd replacement. My second came in 'certified like-new' packaging, but had a log of 00:00:00, so I think it is new. I'm not sure if I should risk a third phone, the bright spots are very very subtle. Let us know if your replacement ends up having the same issues.

maverickrohan

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Will do ... I am more concerned with the touch sensitivity / false clicks ... it makes using the phone extremely annoying :(

rexstor

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

My Lumia 1520 got problem suddenly.
1.Suddenly my wifi goes shutoff, then i cant access wifi setting on my phone. But then solve after restart my phone.
2.Suddenly my Camera, when i hover around the Camera, then i stop. I noticed the Camera moving by itself. Anyone encounter this? Restart not solving this. But rarely. It happen when hover to the sky fast then stop.
sry if bad english duh.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Is anybody else having issues with the front facing camera? My phone reboots every time I try to use the front camera. It happens with all camera apps.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

My Lumia 1520 got problem suddenly.
1.Suddenly my wifi goes shutoff, then i cant access wifi setting on my phone. But then solve after restart my phone.
2.Suddenly my Camera, when i hover around the Camera, then i stop. I noticed the Camera moving by itself. Anyone encounter this? Restart not solving this. But rarely. It happen when hover to the sky fast then stop.
sry if bad english duh.

2 is the result of having OIS in the camera. The lens floats, so when you move quickly like that the lens actually physically moves a bit.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Looks like nobody else has this problem. Bumping post once again for visibility.

If the cameras were not working I think you would see 50 posts yelling about it already. Cameras have worked flawlessly for me.

Edit: And right after I post this, I notice a post from today in this forum with this issue...

rexstor

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

2 is the result of having OIS in the camera. The lens floats, so when you move quickly like that the lens actually physically moves a bit.

Oh ic. Thanks... I did my test on my friends Lumia 1520. whenever i move when not yet focus for the 1st time launch the camera, no floating lens observed. then when i focused something then i move the camera, the floating does. it more floating than lumia 925 as i test with my friends. mybe a bit large sensor, thats y it float more. thanks for clarifying me.

sry for my bad english.

VasuDev Dubey

May 6, 2013
Visit site

My Lumia 1520 has this problem where i cant reduce the volume with the volume rocker when it is kept at level 30
however rebooting the phone has helped...
its annoying especially when you are driving though :/

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Looks like nobody else has this problem. Bumping post once again for visibility.

hi. I think it maybe an OS level software issue. Ive had this problem where i couldn't launch camera apps in my HTC HD7 (wp7).

I know its the old OS and different device, but you should enable the auto backup to OneDrive for the data on your phone and hard reset the phone to factory settings to see if that helps.

Also, the WP8 backup and restore is great, syncd to MS Account. Surprised at how well i was able to migrate from 925 to 1520. Just lost app data, but not a biggie.

Let me know what your results are. Good luck

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

Guys,

Is the screen sensitivity issue resolved yet on anyone's device? At least is there a way to fix it?
(The problem where scrolling results in a tap sometimes)

I've just got my 1520 today, and of course I am having this issue. So did the community figure out a way to fix this?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

Is the screen sensitivity issue resolved yet on anyone's device? At least is there a way to fix it?
(The problem where scrolling results in a tap sometimes)

I've just got my 1520 today, and of course I am having this issue. So did the community figure out a way to fix this?

Have you already downloaded and installed all of the updates?

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

Have you already downloaded and installed all of the updates?

I did, this is the first thing I do when I get a new device. But what I didn't do -which I read at the beginning of this article- is do a hard reset for the device. Would that help? I already installed so many things on my device :/

Edit: also, which update addressed this issue? I mean when did it hit the devices? I don't live in the US, so I do not know about AT&T updates.
My device OS version is: 8.0.10517.150, firmware: 1028.3534.1343.0001

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I did, this is the first thing I do when I get a new device. But what I didn't do -which I read at the beginning of this article- is do a hard reset for the device. Would that help? I already installed so many things on my device :/
Edit: also, which update addressed this issue? I mean when did it hit the devices? I don't live in the US, so I do not know about AT&T updates.
The latest fixes are in firmware version 1407 (where yours is 1343).

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

That is the original build for the phones. They have had at least 2 updates since that build.

When you check for updates are you connected to WiFi?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo