Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Well, it worked... For a day. This is strange and i really dont feel like restarting phone every time this issue occurs. But thanks none the less

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I keep glance screen always on and i did notice that there is no more screen issue with a scrolling and swipnig. It works flawlessy now. If anyone else is having screen issue, could you try keeping your glance screen always on, just to verify my statement. Thx

xRiceyx

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Not sure why it is taking Nokia so long to fix the sensitive screen issue (scroll = tap). The last update definitely improved things massively especially for typing but the scroll thing is still bugging me so much. Other than that it is fine.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

please try this:
1) turn glance on (always on)
2) use a phone a bit
3) report here

as i said, mine has seen much improvemnet since i keep glance screen always on

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

After 2 months of perfect performance and use, the Engadget app suddenly started to not work. When I open the app I see the logo then it kicks me out to the earlier page.

Does anyway notice such a problem? Any ideas? ( Already tried uninstalling and re-installing the app )

Thanks,

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Can you tell me which Lumia Updater app you are using? There are many results when I search with that name on the store. Will be happy if you can share the app you use.

Thanks,

Sonicpromo

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

I've been reading a lot of these problems, including Nokia forum without any official responses and this is almost stopping me from going with the 1520. I may stick with the 1020 and wait for its successor. :straight:

Same to me it seems...how much should I wait to get a normal one without this build issues and broken volume keys, loudspeakers, etc? Did they fix at least one thing in the last batch or it's more like "we're working on it"? Or should I look for a 930...I miss the old Nokia phones from Finland with tank-build quality, what have you done guys... :unhappy:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Same to me it seems...how much should I wait to get a normal one without this build issues and broken volume keys, loudspeakers, etc? Did they fix at least one thing in the last batch or it's more like "we're working on it"? Or should I look for a 930...I miss the old Nokia phones from Finland with tank-build quality, what have you done guys... :unhappy:

I would take a lot of the comments about problems with a large pinch of salt, it is the same on all forums across the web. Not saying that there isn't problems but I doubt that every post denouncing Nokia is true.

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

I would try a soft reset by holding down the volume down+power key until you feel the phone vibrate and then let go. Then do a restart the normal way, the reason for the normal restart is because sometimes after a soft reset the live tiles stop updating until you do a normal restart.

You will also have to reset your time and date as that is the only thing that gets reset with a soft reset.

You should also download Lumina updater from the store and make sure all apps and system are up to date.

Hope you follow that and good luck.

Can you tell me which Lumia Updater app you are using? There are many results when I search with that name on the store. Will be happy if you can share the app you use.

Thanks,

xRiceyx

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

This appears to have worked after using it for a few minutes afterwards. Will keep you updated. Cheers.

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I keep glance screen always on and i did notice that there is no more screen issue with a scrolling and swipnig. It works flawlessy now. If anyone else is having screen issue, could you try keeping your glance screen always on, just to verify my statement. Thx
This appears to have worked after using it for a few minutes afterwards. Will keep you updated. Cheers.
It is normal for the swipe/tap issue to disappear temporarily when screen settings are reconfigured. Brightness, touch and glance settings does this. A reboot will also have the same effect. It could last for minutes, hours or in best case scenario a couple of days. Sadly the issue always comes back.

Erlendks

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

My first 1520: Pop from speaker after every sound.
Second 1520: Same problem.
Third 1520: Same problem.

Does every 1520 have this problem? Should probably wait for the 930...

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

My first 1520: Pop from speaker after every sound.
Second 1520: Same problem.
Third 1520: Same problem.

Does every 1520 have this problem? Should probably wait for the 930...
Mine has it. Some users have reported that the popping was reduced with the latest 1407 firmware update.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Left-Top of screen is almost blacked out whiling dimming or reading in low light/night mode enabled in applications.
Addition to that, screen touch/ sensitivity / phantom touches occurring 30% of the times which is quite much.
See the following video:
Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Problem-Issue - YouTube

You have posted that a number of times in different threads now!

Erlendks

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Mine has it. Some users have reported that the popping was reduced with the latest 1407 firmware update.
Does it bother you? I don't know if I had the 1407 firmware. Everything was up to date, but I live in europe.

Mine had this. Latest update fixed it though. wait til WP 8.1 to see if it is completely gone - this is a software issue.
Fixed it? As in completely gone? Can someone else confirm this? If this is a 100% software issue I might order a new 1520.

stur_2000

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Does it bother you? I don't know if I had the 1407 firmware. Everything was up to date, but I live in europe.
It bothers me sometimes but not nearly as much as the swipe/tap issue. I also have the european version which hasn't been updated yet. The 1407 update was US only I think.

Lyralux

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

So, there was an update last week that got installed on my 1520... Ever since then, the battery life went from lasting 3 days, to barely lasting 6 hours. My usage hasn't changed and none of the settings have changed. Literally the only difference was the install of the update. Anyone else having this problem? I've had the phone since January and it has always been great. This is really the only problem that I've encountered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb