Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Does it bother you? I don't know if I had the 1407 firmware. Everything was up to date, but I live in europe.

Fixed it? As in completely gone? Can someone else confirm this? If this is a 100% software issue I might order a new 1520.

I DIDN'T have the pop sound at all until I did the firmware update here in the US. The latest one. So i am thinking it's the firmware causing it. I have a 32GB 1520.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone had a problem with their proximity sensor sometimes not working? It seems like if I do a soft reset it can stop after a while but other times it works for a while until I do another.

I am trying to get my phone to act up now because I have a replacement from att here now but am hoping it's some type of firmware or reset issue. I haven't had this phone 2 months and I don't want to replace it with one of att's "good as new" returns if I don't have to. I have had ridiculous amounts of problems in the past. With their replacements.

I have a 32GB 1520. I am at least waiting to install wp8.1 on my current phone before changing phones to help lessen the pain of restoration.

Any advice or info on anyone else having this issue, please let me know.

Thanks!

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

yeah, just turn off glance screen and reset phone and its fixed! :D

That's it? So this is a software or firmware issue and I should call att and tell them I am not retuning my phone? This has happened to others? If so, thank you for telling me!!! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

First you try it on your phone just in case... i have had same bug and this resolve it but now i dont have glance screen, seems to me that latest glance update screw something over.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

First you try it on your phone just in case... i have had same bug and this resolve it but now i dont have glance screen, seems to me that latest glance update screw something over.

Okay. What I did was I turned off glance and then did a soft reset.

Oddly, when the phone reset, the glance screen still came on. My settings were gone but it was on. Weird. I went to settings and under glance it said "off". When I opened it, glance was on. So I turned it off again. This time it was actually off.

To test my phone, since I have a replacement sitting here that I will have to send back by Thursday, I did restart my phone after actually turning glance off. Then I tried making a call and the proximity sensor did work (which it does for a while anyway).

After all of that I turned glance back on. I really like glance and I haven't seen anywhere else where anyone is having this problem with the 1520 except us so far so it could be something else. If so I will switch to the new phone. I will install WP8.1 first on here to see how much that helps restoring everything. If it helps a lot I'll hard reset and set this phone back up and see if that fixes it. I may just do that and send the replacement back..

Normally I would just use the replacement but I have had terrible luck with att Lumia replacements. :(

Does anyone think this phone is just defective?

diazlaz

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site

I'm experience the same issue with battery. No changes at all and haven't installed or change any significant number of apps or setting. Battery life is now very poor on my 1520.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

I am having a problem with my 1520. The WiFi and Bluetooth will not turn on, the switch indicator just stays gray. The phone also is restarting at random. When I try to turn the phone off it immediately restarts. Suggestions?

r keshav

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

Song tags?! Be thanful to god!! I am missing songs periodically from my new 1520 v8.0 (India). About 2 songs a week (talk about being weird!!). I had stored about 6 gb of songs on sd card which has come down to 3 gb (sd card capacity32 gb). I have not connected it to PC (never ever). I go to music, BAM!! the song is not there. Tried removing and reinserting SD card. Song is still not listed. Help anyone??

grc7777

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I am having a problem with my 1520. The WiFi and Bluetooth will not turn on, the switch indicator just stays gray. The phone also is restarting at random. When I try to turn the phone off it immediately restarts. Suggestions?
go to nokia care

grc7777

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm experience the same issue with battery. No changes at all and haven't installed or change any significant number of apps or setting. Battery life is now very poor on my 1520.

same here...i think nokia updates were rushed through..first sensitivity issue and now battery

ETERNELLES

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Hello Eveyone,

Updated my Nokia 1520 to Windows 8.1
since then.......

Vibrate- Vibrating mode doesn't work at all........is this normal?

Also downloaded HARDWARE TEST App still does not work.

THANKS

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

My phone keeps putting itself into bing search and makes the rest of the keys freeze. Any one else with this problem?

pazces84

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

that's the problem .. Nokia is like "well its not my fault or its not a big issue". Bull .. I call bull .. Every single forum about the 1520 brings up the screen issue . It just upsets me that even on their own forums they don't even comment. This screen touch issue is a big deal and someone needs to figure it out.

I twitted Nokiacare and they responded saying they are looking into the issue.
https://twitter.com/cesopazo/status/456479683119304705

Lyralux

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Hey! I had this problem, too. As Shodan_HR suggested - try a soft reset. That INSTANTLY helped me.

However, I go to charge my phone again and as soon as I charge it, it goes right back to the same old thing. I've just been doing a soft reset after I charge my phone.

To do a soft reset, you hold the Volume Down button and the Lock button at the same time - continue to hold it until you feel a vibrate, then you're good to go!

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I have my 1520 booked in for repair for the touchscreen issue. I've been messing around with it the last few days trying to find a setting that resolves it. Just done a soft reset as I haven't done one for a while. First thing I get on reboot... swipe as tap followed by 2 seconds of no screen response.

Oh and the Nokia UK agent I had an email from yesterday is under the impression there is no generic screen issue with the 1520. I pointed her towards the 20 page thread on their own support site dedicated to the issue. I also directed her to the WPCentral poll thread.

Fail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12