Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

grc7777

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

I have my 1520 booked in for repair for the touchscreen issue. I've been messing around with it the last few days trying to find a setting that resolves it. Just done a soft reset as I haven't done one for a while. First thing I get on reboot... swipe as tap followed by 2 seconds of no screen response.

Oh and the Nokia UK agent I had an email from yesterday is under the impression there is no generic screen issue with the 1520. I pointed her towards the 20 page thread on their own support site dedicated to the issue. I also directed her to the WPCentral poll thread.

Fail.

did u get replacement ? Or they are still claiming nothing wrong with lumia 1520 sensitivity

Carlos Cruz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

I had the problem with the phone going randomly to Bing search and then freezing. I called AT&T and the rep immediately sent a replacement. I have had the replacement for 48 hours and it's flawless. Hope they've fixed whatever was wrong.

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

I am having a problem with my 1520. The WiFi and Bluetooth will not turn on, the switch indicator just stays gray. The phone also is restarting at random. When I try to turn the phone off it immediately restarts. Suggestions?

Mine has done this as well. Kept the phone off for a few minutes and after that the wifi/BT switch indicators were available again and have had no problems since. It started when i was pairing a few bluetooth devices, so think it's related to that part of the software (hopefully, instead of hardware)

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

It's getting collected on Tuesday 22nd (Easter holiday delay).

I did call my local nokia repair centre who claimed they hadn't had a 1520 in for repair before so had no spare screens. He also said if it wasn't a software problem, which it obviously isn't, they would send it back to Nokia. I'm hoping it when it gets collected it goes straight back to Nokia, otherwise I'll be a long time without my phone. If this happens I will be complaining. Again.

techsilver13

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

For those that have the bing search issue, go into Internet Explorer and switch your default search to Google. I'm not talking about the settings app but the actual ie app. It prevented my 1520 from ever doing the bing search again.

Sent from my Dynamic Kat 1.4 Note 3 using Tapatalk

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone give me a summary of the major defects? Getting my phone delivered tomorrow so I'm curious what I should watch out for.
Only two I know of are: #1 Bright White spots on display. #2 Camera stuttering/shaking.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone give me a summary of the major defects? Getting my phone delivered tomorrow so I'm curious what I should watch out for.
Only two I know of are: #1 Bright White spots on display. #2 Camera stuttering/shaking.

Lol. Mine should be here tomorrow as well.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

The most popular one might be the tap/swipe screen sensitivity issue. There are countless posts on it in this forum (and plenty in this thread) but basically swipes are sometimes interpreted as taps or other times not registered at all. I'll be ordering mine soon as well. Where are you ordering from? Good luck.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

The most popular one might be the tap/swipe screen sensitivity issue. There are countless posts on it in this forum (and plenty in this thread) but basically swipes are sometimes interpreted as taps or other times not registered at all. I'll be ordering mine soon as well. Where are you ordering from? Good luck.
Yeah I know about that issue as well but I figured since pretty much everyone has it, it must be something that firmware can fix. I ordered from Amazon.

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I know about that issue as well but I figured since pretty much everyone has it, it must be something that firmware can fix. I ordered from Amazon.

I don't think everyone does have the swipe/tap issue. I've seen quite a few posts from people who claim never to have had the problem. As well as the swipe/tap the screen on mine also stops responding for a few seconds afterwards. The touch response is erratic in general. The capacitive buttons frequently don't respond to taps and it can sometimes take 5 or 6 attempts to wake the phone with a double tap. I'm now convinced it's a hardware issue, at least in my case.

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know if Nokia is planning to release firmware to fix low light photography and video? This is about the only gripe I have with my 1520. The screen sensitivity issue doesn't occur as often after the last firmware update.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

I've had my 1520 now for 3 weeks and it has some issues:

Prox sensor for turning off display not always working-reboot gets it working again but stops again later.

Almost every time when opening Here maps it is saying compass confused-75% of the time. Never had this problem with my L900.

Some apps just don't work right when opening or flipping thru the apps pages-get a brief white screen sometimes, sometimes pages stutter when they swing out.

Definitely have the overly sensitive screen problem. Attempting to swipe sometimes leads to opening whatever app's tile you touched. Sensitivity is set for normal.

One time after screen timed out and turned off, got a text and screen did not come-even when pressing power button. Had to soft reset.

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm starting to feel lucky, only suffering erratic touch response.

Mine is still at nokia for repair. Will update when I get it back.

Fiter Kurniawan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

I got problem about screen 1520 Indonesia when I scroll up or down... sometimes it like click app.. anyone can fix this problem?? It's really annoyed... :'(

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I would imagine that there is also a hardware element to the issue, which would explain the discrepancy.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I would imagine that there is also a hardware element to the issue, which would explain the discrepancy.

Well hopefully your theory is correct, as it would suggest firmware could possibly fix the issue on devices suffering from the hardware half of this defect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire