Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Update:

Received my 1520 back from repair yesterday. It took a week from courier pickup to getting the phone back so fair play to Nokia for speedy service. FYI my phone had 8.1 on it and they repaired it without issue, although they did flash it back to WP8.

So it looks like the screen has been replaced as the small light leakage patch has now gone. Sadly the swipe/tap problem is still there, so I will get the phone setup properly again and will uninstall the Touch app and see what effect it has. There seems to be plenty of anecdotal evidence now that doing this fixes the swipe/tap issue, but I'll test it myself and post an update again.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Update:

Received my 1520 back from repair yesterday. It took a week from courier pickup to getting the phone back so fair play to Nokia for speedy service. FYI my phone had 8.1 on it and they repaired it without issue, although they did flash it back to WP8.

So it looks like the screen has been replaced as the small light leakage patch has now gone. Sadly the swipe/tap problem is still there, so I will get the phone setup properly again and will uninstall the Touch app and see what effect it has. There seems to be plenty of anecdotal evidence now that doing this fixes the swipe/tap issue, but I'll test it myself and post an update again.

It's absolutely baffling that even when sent in for repairs, the swipe/tap issue remains on devices that had it in the first place. Makes you wonder how some 1520s don't have it at all.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Update:

Thanks Psycorp, please let us know if uninstalling the apps fixes it

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm just wondering: how long did it take for these problems (touch, display) to show up? Or were they there from the start?

The touch and display issues were there from the start on my unit. I was prepared to live with the light leakage patch, as it was small, feint and not too intrusive, but the touch issue was bugging the hell out of me so I sent it for repair.

As an update I have uninstalled both Touch and Glance on my 1520 using the date change trick. After correcting the date back and restarting the phone it automatically reinstalled both apps without warning. I've uninstalled both again and will let you know how I get on with regard to the touch issue and automatic reinstallation after I've used the phone for a day or so.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Touch update seems to have solved the screen sensitivity issue, so far. Will use it for a day and update tomorrow.

jassp87

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

I just bought the Lumia 1520. Very good phone. But when I use the main camera it looks so grainy, like I'm having a VGA camera. Knowing that the Lumia 1520 have a 20 mega pixels camera. Is this normal? Or I have a defected phone??

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Right, I've been using my 1520 extensively today and since uninstalling Touch and Glance around midday I've not experienced any swipe/tap events or touch issues in general. Before I would have definitely seen multiple swipe/taps in this length of time and amount of use, so it would seem that one or both of these apps is the cause of the problem.

I will give it a full 24 hours and then install the updated Touch app to test.

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I just bought the Lumia 1520. Very good phone. But when I use the main camera it looks so grainy, like I'm having a VGA camera. Knowing that the Lumia 1520 have a 20 mega pixels camera. Is this normal? Or I have a defected phone??

Sounds like you have a setting wrong somewhere or a faulty camera. :unhappy:

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

In the WPCentral main article on this Touch update, people are saying in the comments that is doesn't fix the issue. So it looks like it doesn't fix screen sensitivity for everyone.

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

It's now been 24 hours after uninstalling Glance and Touch and I've had no phantom taps or other touch issues in that time, so for me removing both apps has solved the problem.

I'll not bother reinstalling Touch to see what effect that has if others are saying it hasn't solved it.

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

that's very interesting test m8

if uninstalling Glance and Touch fix the swipe/tap touch issue it will be great

i'll uninstall them too later today

feedback coming soon

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Just got my Lumia 1520 RM-938 yesterday and it has the swipe/tap problem, though it's occasional. I really like the glance feature and don't want to uninstall it to fix this bug :(. #FirstWorldProblems

anon(8010562)

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

It's now been 24 hours after uninstalling Glance and Touch and I've had no phantom taps or other touch issues in that time, so for me removing both apps has solved the problem.

I'll not bother reinstalling Touch to see what effect that has if others are saying it hasn't solved it.

I am into this now. Looks much positive already. Will report back in next 24-48 hours... 👍

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Interesting (well I thought so) update to this. I was using the Ebay app this morning and had numerous phantom taps while navigating within the app, however when using the rest of the OS it behaved properly, as it has done since I uninstalled Glance and Touch.

Perhaps there is more to the touch issue than I thought?!?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Just got my Lumia 1520 RM-938 yesterday and it has the swipe/tap problem, though it's occasional. I really like the glance feature and don't want to uninstall it to fix this bug :(. #FirstWorldProblems

Thanks Hasasimo. Would you recommend the phone based on your experience so far, even with this issue?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Interesting (well I thought so) update to this. I was using the Ebay app this morning and had numerous phantom taps while navigating within the app, however when using the rest of the OS it behaved properly, as it has done since I uninstalled Glance and Touch.

Perhaps there is more to the touch issue than I thought?!?

Was just stopping by to ask how this is going. Sucks to hear that this wasn't a complete solution after all. Glad it's at least improved for you though.

Interestingly, I read in the comments section of a Sony Xperia Z2 article that after the Android KitKat update the LG G2 is having a similar tap/swipe screen sensitivity issue.

I hate to say it because I do otherwise like the phone, but this issue has me considering other options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo