Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Bas Roskamp

May 14, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

My Nokia Lumia 1520 freezes frequently and starts programs by itself. It mostly starts the bing search/voice search. I think it started when I installed WP8.1 but I reverted back and the problem still exists in WP8.

Does this mean it is a factory default or is it still something to do with software?

nv00021

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Good morning everyone

Woke up to a very strange 1520 problem, and my first issue with phone. I had it on the charger overnight and woke up about 5:30am to the clock on the 1520 showing 4:38...odd....to when I tried turning it on it was totally frozen. No biggie figured a soft reset would solve the problem. Well after the soft reset the hardware buttons do not function AT ALL!!! I have tried a few soft resets but I am reluctant to do a factory reset. All hardware buttons do not function. Volume, power and camera. Anyone have any suggestions? I have not upgraded to 8.1

Thanks

NJV

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

First off...I love 8.1, but after having to reset with all the freezes whenever I went to use the phone,(side note....the 2nd and 3 rd updates seem to make it worse) I finally took the time and reloaded the 8 software and am now back on 1028.3562.1407.1001 and it works great. I have used many beta software programs over the past few years, but none have been as buggy as 8.1 ..... at least on my ATT version of 1520 hardware.

The 8.1 offers so many great programs that are not available on 8....that I hope they can get the problems corrected so that we can run the software with some degree of dependability.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

First off...I love 8.1, but after having to reset with all the freezes whenever I went to use the phone,(side note....the 2nd and 3 rd updates seem to make it worse) I finally took the time and reloaded the 8 software and am now back on 1028.3562.1407.1001 and it works great. I have used many beta software programs over the past few years, but none have been as buggy as 8.1 ..... at least on my ATT version of 1520 hardware.

The 8.1 offers so many great programs that are not available on 8....that I hope they can get the problems corrected so that we can run the software with some degree of dependability.

Did you try a hard reset and set the phone up as new(not restore from backup) after you went to 8.1

Bas Roskamp

May 14, 2014
Visit site

For both 8.0 and 8.1 have the phantom tap/feezes/unresponsive screen bug. When I first got the phone with WP8.0 there where no problems. When I updated to 8.1 the problems started. Because of this I downgraded to WP8.0 but to my supprise it was still doing it.

How is this possible? Hardware default or still software?

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

For both 8.0 and 8.1 have the phantom tap/feezes/unresponsive screen bug. When I first got the phone with WP8.0 there where no problems. When I updated to 8.1 the problems started. Because of this I downgraded to WP8.0 but to my supprise it was still doing it.

How is this possible? Hardware default or still software?

Two items to check:

1. Did you download and install software 1028.3562.1407.1001 off the Nokia download site

2. If you did that...when asked for three choices at the end of setup....did you select " Start Fresh"

The above should have cleaned your phone and put back WP8. Yes it is a pain to reload, but hopefully you saved stuff to the cloud, and of course signing on with MS Email account will bring back contacts etc.

Bas Roskamp

May 14, 2014
Visit site

1. I used Nokia Software Updater tool to downgrade. It downgraded to a italian vodafone rom (I think my phone is imported). It had something with .1331 or something at the and. So it wasn't 1028.3562.1407.1001. Can I install this on my RM-937 wich now has the RM-937_eu_italy_904 manufacturer name. This wasn't the same when I got it so I think they flashed something else so they could sell it in the Netherlands.

2. When I downgraded I started Fresh. Even tried a hard reset afterwards.

I can't find a Nokia download site or the software you advise.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I did not understand you were using an international version. Sounds like this is one for for the Nokia Service guys to work on

Bas Roskamp

May 14, 2014
Visit site

But how can it be a software error in the non-international versions and a hardware error in the international version?

Jam8240

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

My 1520's screen will occasionally turn on in a short of 32 bit color look, but turning it off and on again fixes it

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

My 1520's screen will occasionally turn on in a short of 32 bit color look, but turning it off and on again fixes it

I get this sometimes too.

But I can't say I've gotten it since the new update and a hard reset

Edit. Happened this morning.

Last edited:

vampyren

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

From loving my 1520 i'm at a point where i'm not bringing it with me out anymore, its just to buggy and i cant rely on it. Beside the clock changing and the touch bug where swipe is detected as click now when i use it more and more i get irritated on the browsers. They are just not as good as i expect them to be. That as well as the lack of apps i use and need make me use my iPhone+Android phone again as primary. I hope MS get their act together and fix the issues fast before they loose their customers.

Anthonyfear

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

The sensitive screen issue is driving me nuts !!!

So I finally contacted Nokia about it today and they told me categorically that this is NOT a KNOWN issue in North America or Europe and any phones that have this issue require repair.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? Has anyone had their phone repaired and was the issue resolved?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Mine got better after an update...I can't remember the last time it happened....was at least before I even added 8.1. Bothered me the first couple of months. Very beginning of the year.

Kandino

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

The sensitive screen issue is driving me nuts !!!

So I finally contacted Nokia about it today and they told me categorically that this is NOT a KNOWN issue in North America or Europe and any phones that have this issue require repair.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? Has anyone had their phone repaired and was the issue resolved?
I heard of people sending their phones in too Nokia to get it checked out; however, they get sent back stating that it isn't a hardware issue.

Its just what I heard. I'm not sure if its true.

I'm suffering from the same issue. I hope that 8.1 fixes the issue.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

The screen issue has been fixed with the recent Glance, Touch etc updates. Only happens in a few apps, like WP Central. It's an app problem on the affected ones....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb