Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

sonekaka

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

I had couple touch issues with my nokia1520. After uninstall touch, display, and glance, so far I am free of the following issues:
-screen freezes
-being search popping up
- back button activated whenever pressing nearby the front camera

It has been three days since I uninstall these apps motioned above.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I got a really annoying bug.
Sometimes my phone thinks I push the camera button and launches it.

I'm using wp8.1 in German.
I'm having this happen to, has been happening ever since I got my 1520 a couple weeks ago.

It randomly launches the camera app when my fingers are nowhere near the camera button. Using WP 8.1 in English (US)

sergio freire

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi there,
My lumia has a vague"green, when the background is black" pixel.
Any solution? The mobile was purchased in Hong Kong, so I can not send there.

Sry for me english.

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I add myself to have experienced all of these issues brought up on this thread.
The most annoying of which is the misinterpretation of finger scrolling to selecting. Grr.
Also Camera initiation even when not pressing the camera button.
Random reboots.

I'm presuming with WP 8.1DP most, if not all these issues should evaporate once Cyan comes to play.

slimjedi1

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I just experienced a pretty seriously crazy bug/defect today, my screen and tiles started shaking, much like an iPhone's apps do when you hold them down, then it only got worse from there, the screen became very distorted, screen started rolling and had static, like an old tv, when we had to use antenna's, I tweeted Nokia Care US, tried several re-boots and same outcome, came home and re-installed software using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and still the same results, being as I've only had it since January it's still under warranty so AT&T is shipping me a replacement but I can honestly say that was extremely frustrating and the craziest thing I've ever seen, what would likely cause that?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

I got a really annoying bug.
Sometimes my phone thinks I push the camera button and launches it.

I'm using wp8.1 in German.

Sometimes in holding my 1520 its very easy to brush the camera button on the right side and open the camera I've even done it putting the device into my horizontal holster and if I don't realize that camera being on can make the device hot and run the battery down quickly.

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Good thing I didn't exhale (or refuse the yet to be delivered warranty replacement phone). Yesterday (Thursday) the problem reappeared.

So is this hardware or software? If hardware, why did the hard reset cure the problem (temporarily)? If software, how to identify the troublemaker(s)? Next report, in a few days, will be if the replacement phone has the same problem or not. If yes, then I'll try loading apps one by one (ugh), including Nokia system app updates like Touch, etc.

This is rich. The warranty replacement phone has a wonderfully working screen/digitizer. But the earpiece does not work. No sound out of the earpiece. Every call has to be on speakerphone mode, including listening to v-mail. Bluetooth, main speaker works fine. Factory reset did not help. And yes, the volume for calls was set to 10. The second warranty replacment phone is now on its way.

farhadtarapore

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

1. I am not able to scroll in WhatsApp text box. When I copy a long text from another message and paste it into the text box, I am unable to scroll that text.

2. Uploading videos to YouTube via the Nokia Video uploader: Sometimes, it just hangs (gets stuck on an upload) even though wi-fi is available and strong (signal). And the worst annoyance: it doesn't do it in the background! The screen remains on for the duration of the upload and even after that. Terrible.

Also, not so much a bug as an annoyance:
This is one big phone. When answering a call, it would be good if I didn't have to use two hands: open the flip cover, slide up, answer. Instead, I should be able to configure the camera button (say) as a one click answer, so I can take a call without opening the cover (assuming, of course, I don't care who is calling).

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I bought a brand new, unlocked Lumia 1520 here in the Philippines. But there seems to be a defect in the phone. The capacitive soft keys seem to be very very yellow. Unlike the white backlight of my Lumia 720. Is this covered by the Nokia warranty, so that they can swap this out?

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if this applies to the 1520, but I was literally just watching a review of the 925, and the presenter noted that the lights were lemon yellow rather than white.
Sent from my RM-994_eu_euro1_1129 using Tapatalk

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

My screen shake problem goes away after I set Touch sensitivity to high. Counterintuitive but it works for me 99.5% of the time. Running stock 8.1 not DP. Period and m keys on keyboard still tends to double or triple type.

This might be a combination hardware and software problem.

Shuyin

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I am not able to Change the Lockscreen-Wallpaper. Everytime I want to Change it, the Default wallpaper (Water and boats) appears again. Changing the menu to bing, Facebook or other apps Change the Background, but if I choose a photo on my own, the Default wallpaper appears.

Do you have the same Problem or any suggestions to solve the Problem?

Christopher Dy

May 29, 2014
Visit site

I have this issue that is only replicable in 1520 running 8.1DP. I also have a 920 in 8.1DP but I can't replicate there.

When listening to music, I listen using headset, but I sometimes disconnect it when I go elsewhere. When I reconnect my headset again, phone says that music plays but no sounds are heard, not until you fast forward or go to the next song - I theorize it's related to wakes and sleeps within the OS. I've also encountered things while calling, though it's too random -- it's something about mic not recognizing my voice, then I unplug, then my phone also still does not recognize my voice. I have to re-do the call with headset not connected. When I use cortana, the same mic hears me th.

I've since reverted to WP8.0 (to anticipate Cyan) without the headset issues. I haven't tried calling yet though.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I just experienced a pretty seriously crazy bug/defect today, my screen and tiles started shaking, much like an iPhone's apps do when you hold them down, then it only got worse from there, the screen became very distorted, screen started rolling and had static, like an old tv, when we had to use antenna's, I tweeted Nokia Care US, tried several re-boots and same outcome, came home and re-installed software using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and still the same results, being as I've only had it since January it's still under warranty so AT&T is shipping me a replacement but I can honestly say that was extremely frustrating and the craziest thing I've ever seen, what would likely cause that?

I experienced the exact same issue back in May. The only solution that we (Nokia and I) came to was a replacement phone. Good news is that the issue is gone as well as the tap/swipe issue. 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb