Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

fawzy aly

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

I am talking about un-install glance, touch and display ( setting apps) which in my case improved the touch screen issues like soft back button ( activate whenever pressing an area nearby the front camera ).

thank you, but what i mean that it's not app to un- install it, it's like built in setting so how can i remove or uninstall it !

fawzy aly

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re REAL PROBLEM CAUSING TOUCH PROBLEM AND A WAY OF FIX

as you can see from the photo the digitzer contacts marked with a red spot located just behind the lcd screen once main board mounted, it get in contact with the digitizer terminal what really happen in lumia 1520 with a big 6 inch screen is the screen slightly bend when you put it on your pocket or even use some force to clean it, and this mess with the digitizer contacts alignment causing a swipe, tap problem to appear
a short way to fix this look in the second photo hold the phone like this and push down from the red marked areas softly several time as it make a good contact with the digitizer terminal the problem will disappear
after all this is a faulty design specailly with a large screen, nokia know that yes they do but they just dont want to replace or fix it, cause its costly a design problem ,i tried to explain this in Nokia forum , they dont want us to understand its a hardware fault and treat us like a money bags for their faulty design ,can you imagine how happy they are when they read our messages that with lumia cyan update some wrote we feel it become better !! nothing really change its just we have a blind trust at nokia devices ,the question is what are going to do time to let them pay a high price as we didView attachment 75435

Dear Hesham, I am frustrated now, i was thinking 25% the problem is hardware issue .. now 100% sure :(
او بالعربي .. نوكيا اغرقت الاسواق كمية لا يستهان بها من الاجهزة المعطوبة وهى تعلم ذلك جيدا ! ورغم كل ذلك لا تعترف بانها مشكلة ولا تريد تقديم اى حلول للمستخدمين وعشاق نوكيا .. شيء مؤسف

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Windows 8.1 and battery life sucks. Is their any proven to work fix for it?

And is the developer preview update stable and improve battery life? As a new WP8 user from android I love dev stuff.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Windows 8.1 and battery life sucks. Is their any proven to work fix for it?

And is the developer preview update stable and improve battery life? As a new WP8 user from android I love dev stuff.

Windows Phone may have some trick battery software that sort of learns your habits and then adjusts accordingly. Most members here report better battery life after a week or so be patient and just use your phone normally as it learns your habits. Some members also report getting better battery life after letting the battery drain fully and then fully recharging it once or twice. Also, go into Battery Saver and turn off any background tasks that you don't need. I can say and will tell you that my personal 1520 has gotten MUCH better battery life after updating to WP8.1 Update1. As always YMMV as everyone's phone habits, apps, usage, etc is different. Just have fun and enjoy the device.

icenote

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone else have an issue with their 1520 (and Wp 8.1) where the screen just stops responding to texts, the task manager keeps opening up by itself, Cortana launches after turning the screen on and general unresponsiveness?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Speaker phone quality is noticeably worse after updating to Cyan straight from 8.0. Sounds shrill and metallic.

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

an odd tale... I bought a 16GB ATT from Amazon... everything worked fine on black for a week. Went to developer preview, everything for for about 2 weeks, reverted to Black than went right into Cyan... Now, i have screen issues. I cannot get over 5 minutes of usage before the screen taps itself and started just vibrating back and forth/up and down, while activating the search capacitive button sometimes...
locking and unlocking the phone solves the issue.

I immediately soft reset the phone. Problem still happened. Did a reset via settings, still happens. Updated to the next developer preview, still happens. I have made sure everything is up to date.

First, should I contact Nokia, or AT&T?
Second, any ideas how to fix this?

I just hope it will at least worth well enough tomorrow so I can do my comparison of it and 1020 on Stanford Campus when I get to go there :D

EDIT: I have touch to normal, glance off (makes locking/unlocking slightly faster), navigation bar vibration off (did not help or hurt the problems), double tap to wake off.
It is not my primary phone thankfully, I use it as a Mini-tablet and my 1020 as phone.

Last edited:

JJanner

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same experience. Contact AT&T for replacement under warranty.

I think the type of case can contribute to triggering the problem (the problem itself is a result of some combination of design and/or manufacturing). The Belkin flip case, sold by AT&T, pinches the sides rather tightly during insertion and removal and my problems initially appeared a few weeks after switching to that case. With my replacement 1520 I've returned to my MiniSuit case and no problems so far.

kpin_it_real

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Hello to all the WP users. I am new to the 1520 coming form Iphone 5. THis is my first post.
Issues thus far with my Nokia 1520 WP8.1
1. Intermittently, when listening to blue headset (LG LBS-800), if I get a call or go out of range of the phone, in either case, the Data (ATT) will drop out and the only way that I could get it to comeback is to go into flight mode, turning of all connections and then turning it back on. I have tried waiting but gave up when the Bluetooth was detected and now connection could be made. I did turn off the Bluetooth and the connection appeared to return but when attempting to connect to WP central, it informed me that I needed a data/network connection. I have an unlimited data plan if that was to be a question.

2. My wife and son are overseas. When I was connected with Skype the Bluetooth didn?t work. I did not put too much into trying to figure it out as I want to keep the communication with them so I just went to my backup wired headset. Scratch this, the next call seemed to work fine, but I was away from the phone and did not start the video. Will continue to test.

3. Maybe it?s just me but I was not able to copy and paste text from a received email. Is there a way to do this? I sent this as an email to myself to paste it into the forum on my phone but could not do it.

4. Lastly, during the Skype call, if my finger came close to or in contact with the screen just to the right of the ear speaker and the ?A? of Nokia, the screen would go black. I found this when I was trying to turn of the rotation lock while in the call.

MikeySoft

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, here is an odd one. Cyan installed, 1520. This afternoon I can receive texts, but I can't send them.

Thoughts

Thanks

icenote

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

I've had the same experience. Contact AT&T for replacement under warranty.

I think the type of case can contribute to triggering the problem (the problem itself is a result of some combination of design and/or manufacturing). The Belkin flip case, sold by AT&T, pinches the sides rather tightly during insertion and removal and my problems initially appeared a few weeks after switching to that case. With my replacement 1520 I've returned to my MiniSuit case and no problems so far.

I've been having this problem and it is SO FREAKING ANNOYING. I thought a hard reset (from WP 8.1 Dev preview) would do the trick. Nope. Screen tapped itself until I was forced to soft-reset.. That usually works, but now the occurrences are far closer. Now not even an hour later, I'm getting tons of incidents. I mean, the phone just taps itself, both the screen AND the capacitive buttons. Cortana would launch just for no reason, the task manager pops up. It becomes completely unusable.

So I format back to original Windows Phone 8. Problem still occurs.

I'm taking this phone back and getting a replacement at the store!

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

do what the person in this posts suggests:
as you can see from the photo the digitzer contacts marked with a red spot located just behind the lcd screen once main board mounted, it get in contact with the digitizer terminal what really happen in lumia 1520 with a big 6 inch screen is the screen slightly bend when you put it on your pocket or even use some force to clean it, and this mess with the digitizer contacts alignment causing a swipe, tap problem to appear
a short way to fix this look in the second photo hold the phone like this and push down from the red marked areas softly several time as it make a good contact with the digitizer terminal the problem will disappear
after all this is a faulty design specailly with a large screen, nokia know that yes they do but they just dont want to replace or fix it, cause its costly a design problem ,i tried to explain this in Nokia forum , they dont want us to understand its a hardware fault and treat us like a money bags for their faulty design ,can you imagine how happy they are when they read our messages that with lumia cyan update some wrote we feel it become better !! nothing really change its just we have a blind trust at nokia devices ,the question is what are going to do time to let them pay a high price as we didView attachment 75435

I had the exact same problem as you a few days ago, that fixed it, no issues like that in the last ~24 hours since I did it (About 3-4 hours of usage)

When I had the problem, it was happening to me even 1-5 minutes.

icenote

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

do what the person in this posts suggests:

I had the exact same problem as you a few days ago, that fixed it, no issues like that in the last ~24 hours since I did it (About 3-4 hours of usage)

When I had the problem, it was happening to me even 1-5 minutes.

Thanks for the tip. Do I press on the face of the screen, or the bottom of the device for the bottom red dot? The top one looks like I'm pressing the "N" in Nokia.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

Even after updating to 8.1.1 (for lack of a better term) I still have the camera launching itself from time to time when my fingers are nowhere near the camera button.

Anyone found a way to fix this yet?

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My screen didn't start going crazy until I switched from the dev preview to cyan. I know now that its a hardware issue. At least for me, clicking the power button (turning the screen off, then back on) temporarily gives me control of the touchscreen. Has anyone sent their phone back to Nokia? I am not afraid to disassemble my phone if I know their is a way to fix it myself.
Beyond this problem, the 1520 is the best smartphone I have ever owned, and see nothing on the horizon to change my opinion. Unfortunately, I can't currently recommend it anyone else, or feel comfortable buying a replacement 1520.

lapirk

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

hi guys

owning a 1520 for the past 8 months and been a good ride so far. 8.1 has its bugs but im hoping theres a fix for everything.
now over the past few days just for convenience I charged my phone with a 2mah charger which is of my galaxy note 10.1. initially I didn't notice anything other than the phone getting charged faster but now I see problems where my touch doesn't respond. I have to lock and unlock to activate touch but the problem occurs quite often every day. the voice "listening" function also keeps coming up randomly. I did a soft reset and now back to using the standard charger. its the first day so im hoping it gets solved..

anyone else facing this problem? and is it a serious issue to use other charges with our devices?

any help appreciated. cheers
first

jammytech

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

I have heard of similar issues with other phones before but not often.

I do know that windows 8.1 update 1 supports quick charge 2.0 which should make it charge faster with a 2mah charger and shouldn't bring issues. try update 1 if you can (Y) it may fix it.

John Jensen2

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

After Cyan update I have a useless Nokia Lumia 1520. Cant even call. No restore option are available. Is there a key command to restore?
Cant post link here yet but you can lokk here youtu.be/1GoNQDEY9-M

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

After Cyan update I have a useless Nokia Lumia 1520. Cant even call. No restore option are available. Is there a key command to restore?
Cant post link here yet but you can lokk here youtu.be/1GoNQDEY9-M

It looks as though your phone hasn't updated correctly - it looks as though you have the Action Centre, but the old Windows Phone Store. I'd recommend using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to reset the device and start over.

FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK

mha7

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

Is it possible a Sim unlocked lumia phone get lock when flashing a ROM (even a simlock version) using Nokia care suite?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss