Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

eman abatayo

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

My lumia 1520 wont power on..tried soft reset and hard reset but still doesn't work. Wont charge either..please help.

Soul 327

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

My camera doesn't work and I have hard reset my phone it just makes me so mad if someone knows how to fix plz tell me (it has worked before)

pwm001

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone experienced an issue where someone calls you and you go to hang up and the screen is off so you can't hang up? I have to click the middle button on the side twice for it to come up so I can hang up. Very annoying.

magicdesign

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I would have thought a work around for the tap/ scroll issue (assuming they can't fix it properly) is to introduce an option for the requirement of double tap on links... Could an app do that our would it need to be firmware?

Genuine-Boy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

My camera doesn't work and I have hard reset my phone it just makes me so mad if someone knows how to fix plz tell me (it has worked before)

I have the same issue with front facing camera !

It doesnt work neither on Nokia camera nor on Lumia selfie !

anyone can help ???

Tremaine Challenger

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I performed a 3rd yes 3rd hard reset on my 1520 all because the photos app showed nothing except 3 photos on the phone. These 3 photos were copied many times throughout the gallery and were installed on the phone memory not a memory card. The memory card is working fine by the way. Photos on the card also don't appear in the photos app. So 1st it was the music app and now its the photos app. Seriously Microsoft you need to figure this out and I hope these issues are properly addressed with WP 8.1 update 1. Even better just release an update for each app via the store. I don't know how much longer my phone will last if I keep doing these hard resets. Phone is a bit over 1 month old and I love it. Don't make me regret switching from Android.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You need to restore your phone not factory reset. You can use Nokia Recovery tool. This is not Microsoft's fault. It's the result of a bad update. It's an easy fix.

And trust me, for someone who has owned over 45 different android phones it happens on Android too. Many times for me. And twice on two iPhone updates. I had to completely restore the phone in iTunes. It happens.

tdavi82

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

My new green Lumia 1520's screen sometimes does not turn on when I hit the power button. If I hit the power button and it should turn on, I can swipe up on the screen and hear the phone unlock, but the screen is still black. I lock it and press the power button again and it comes on normally.

I noticed today that when people call the phone rings but the screen did not turn on. I have to press the power button twice then answer.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

keep it on charge for at least 3 hours then try the soft reset one more time ,sometimes it does this when the battery fully empty

Xeeynamo

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I received a call today. I answered, but no one talked. Same things happens after few minutes, so I plug my earphones and I was able to hear the guy. After that, I did some tests and I found that the speaker doesn't works. But yesterday was working! Restarted the phone, did a soft reset than an hard reset, with no luck... The speaker is dead, randomly. Definitely an hardware problem, luckily is still in warranty.
Someone had the same issue?

jstylela

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

So I'm not sure if its a bug or just something that was standard with this phone, but I really can't stand that when I tap on an incoming text in notification center and then press 🔙 it takes me to the home screen instead of the messages thread. Secondary to that if I exit the message and open IE or another app and then hold the 🔙 key and open recent windows it has a window open for every message I've responded to when I've clicked it from the notification center. Its gotta be fixed. Its annoying.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

My new green Lumia 1520's screen sometimes does not turn on when I hit the power button. If I hit the power button and it should turn on, I can swipe up on the screen and hear the phone unlock, but the screen is still black. I lock it and press the power button again and it comes on normally.

I noticed today that when people call the phone rings but the screen did not turn on. I have to press the power button twice then answer.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

My green 1520 also sometimes doesn't show the screen when pressing the power button, I can unlock it with swipe up but the display isn't on.

Potzy1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I got several issues with the 1520:
-tap screen scrolling
-double tap to wake is more like octuple tap to wake.
-ever sense 8.1 update the camera has been horrible. Muddled shots, extremely slow to focus and shoot, etc.
-loading screen ad nauseum
- when having the audio jack hooked up anytime you answer a call, the music resumes playing through the phone speakers.
-automatic screen brightness goes haywire (I've had to just switch to low permanently.

I got this as a warranty replacement to the 925. These issues and the annoyance of the size sometimes have me wondering if I should just use.my upgrade on the 830 or the M8, but neither are really that enticing.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Dang,

After reading all of this and the pages on the Nokia forum, I am inclined to reconsider my recent purchase of a 1520. Its incredibly disappointing that Nokia did not address this properly.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Eh... Just go for it. I've had mine for a couple months now and haven't had any of the problems mentioned in this thread.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Any idea of the %?

​Thanks,

The only issue I've had is the one where the phone thinks I've tapped the screen while I'm scrolling. But that only happens once every couple days or so and it got better when I changed the screen sensitivity to Normal.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I've had is the one where the phone thinks I've tapped the screen while I'm scrolling. But that only happens once every couple days or so and it got better when I changed the screen sensitivity to Normal.

There is an easy fix for that posted by others. Lay phone flat and press on top part of screen then bottom a few times over. It resets the digitizer alignment. It's a known problem with the large screen of 1520.

yourusername

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

"This may not be considered a bug but it is a rather nasty bug to me. The screen timeout settings is missing "never" as an option."

Did you sync your phone with a corporate account? Could be due to some corporate policy being implemented on mobile devices connecting to your company's network. This happened to me, this also changed the options for "Require a password after" to have a maximum the same as the timeout, in my case, 15 minutes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)