Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Laco82

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 1520 Bugs & Defects

Thanks, so they have fixed this for you? Do you know where I should to post my phone if manufacturer is apac malaysia? Where did You send yours?

Eabin Sai

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Guys I'm having a prob my battery drains about 10% in a hour in my 1520 ...when i was in w8 for the last month I had better backup after going to 8.1 latest I experience it..is it a software prob or my battery...im worried pls help me guys...sometimes its normal sometimes it drains a bit..within 20 min from 100% it got now to 87%

Firipu

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site

I have this weird problem with my 1520: When I take pictures, a bunch of lines show over my pictures. e.g.

(cannot post links :( )
i.imgur.com/sfRXLUw.jpg

Is this a software problem (running fast ring w10 on it) ? Or hardware? It's not on every picture I take, but on most. I have not been able to figure out the exact reason (very bright picture, or fast moving object, or w/e)

Robert Jurczyk

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

it's software problem, when you use lumia camera beta, it will not any stripes on photos. I have the same issue but only on microsoft camera :)

1rexington

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

I got a used one in great condition as well. At first, I thought that phantom touch issue was me, no, it's the phone. And mine is getting worse. It went from 10%, 25% to now what feels like 50% of the time for these touch issues. It's bugging me so much I'm seriously thinking of switching to the 640XL. I've yet to read any good work around to get it working correctly.

I have been having those issues too. Drives me nuts. I really love the phone, but I voided my warranty with wp10 and att doesn't have another big screen wp. I can do an insurance claim, but Microsoft doesn't have any in stock. I am up the proverbial creek. I am probably switching to the iPhone 6+. I really don't want to though. 8.1 is such a smooth and beautiful os. Sigh

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone had their sound drop out while in a call?

The sound just goes totally dead for about 2-3 seconds and then comes back. Not really sure where to start troubleshooting...

toby182

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

I got a used one in great condition as well. At first, I thought that phantom touch issue was me, no, it's the phone. And mine is getting worse. It went from 10%, 25% to now what feels like 50% of the time for these touch issues. It's bugging me so much I'm seriously thinking of switching to the 640XL. I've yet to read any good work around to get it working correctly.

It is a known hardware design defect for most users out there, including me. You have to either open up the parts and fix the contacts inside, or just arch your phone backwards by pressing against the middle back of your phone. That supposedly fixes the issue temporarily. If you don'tget any response after bending, lock and unlock the screen again.

toby182

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

The sound just goes totally dead for about 2-3 seconds and then comes back. Not really sure where to start troubleshooting...

Not sure if the same thing happened on your end, but my parents gripped the phone too tight (it's a hefty device with minimal grip and "great" button placement), their thumb squeezed on the volume cradle during calls.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My screen experiences phantom touches where the screen jumps wildly as if being touched and swiped rapidly. Sometimes thus triggers Cortana. It seems as if the back button, windows home button, search button, and sometimes the middle screen lock/unlock button are being triggered simultaneously. This occurs frequently in my pocket. It also correlates with overheating and leads to rapid battery drain.

To alleviate the problem I have to:

1.) One hand grip the device applying pressure at the top of the device between the sim/memory slot and above the volume up button then type with one hand.

2.) Lock, then unlick the screen.

3.) Physically attempt to bend the handset about it's longitudinal axis (in am attempt to relieve the apparent pressure near the search button.

Sometimes this phenomenon is induced while charging and the micro USB cable is wiggled slightly to the left or right (design flaw).

Allan Breum

May 19, 2015
Visit site

Occasionally, it could be related to the Phantom Touch issue, mine seems to do it around the time i need to realign the sensors...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077