Possible to return my Nokia Lumia at the local microsoft store without any problems?

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I opened the package took the phone out. Took it to several unlocking places and they all said it was not possible.

I will return it tomorrow. it is in new unused conditions with none of the stickers taken out.

Will i have problems returning it? (This is the local microsoft store).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
From Microsoft Store: [h=3]Mobile phones (including service plans and accessories)[/h]For customer service or returns of mobile phones, service plans, and accessories for AT&T and T-Mobile, please call Microsoft Store customer service at 1-866-696-7786.
Mobile phones service plans, and accessories for Verizon and Sprint are sold by Simplexity, LLC and are subject to their return policy. For returns or customer service, please call Simplexity at 1-888-843-2485.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I shouldn't have purchased. Calling them means they will do everything they can to not return it :/

Just tell them the truth, you travel out of the country and need a phone that is unlocked and it's something that AT&T is refusing to do at this point in time.

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Just tell them the truth, you travel out of the country and need a phone that is unlocked and it's something that AT&T is refusing to do at this point in time.

Thanks I will try but it would of been nice if I can walk into the store return it even if I have to pay a restocking fee. I don't like talking to customer support online :(

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
From Microsoft Store: [h=3]Mobile phones (including service plans and accessories)[/h]For customer service or returns of mobile phones, service plans, and accessories for AT&T and T-Mobile, please call Microsoft Store customer service at 1-866-696-7786.
Mobile phones service plans, and accessories for Verizon and Sprint are sold by Simplexity, LLC and are subject to their return policy. For returns or customer service, please call Simplexity at 1-888-843-2485.

The phones sold on Microsoft store online have different T&C's than the Microsoft store itself. I don't know why.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just read the back of the receipt for my purchase at the MS Store and it stated that they don't accept returns on opened products.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from the local MS store and unfortunately had to return it due to various issues. They have a "no questions asked" return policy within the 14 day return window. And 30 day if there's an issue with it. Got a full refund in a few minutes.

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Sadly I think I am pretty sure I am going to start the return process tomorrow from the online store. I absolutely love the phone but the software button placement is just extremely annoying when trying to do stuff with one hand. The device is my opinion is not to large at all. But when they stretch things out like your voicemails, recent calls, into huge text at the top of the screen there is really no nead for that. So they think I am going to be reading my phone from 10' away? Because that's how big the text is on this thing even at the smallest setting. The other major issue is with internet explorer and the navigation. They would be much better off having on screen buttons above the address bar, having to stretch the thumb out every time is no big deal but I that process you have to shift the phone just a tad to get your thumb there. This is eventually going to cause the phone to tumble out of my hand and go splash on the floor.

The other bad thing is the sounds management...really horrible. One sound level for everything? Horrible!

Still not completely sure I am bringing it back yet but those things above are deal breakers

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 1520 from my local Microsoft store and I asked the salesmen point blank about the return policy. He said 14 days, no restocking fee, no questions asked.

TravelBro

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I hope I can return it. :)

I really like the phone I just need to stay with t-mobile for several reasons. We are all in one family plan.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Australia is getting the 1520's next week so you should start seeing international unlocked phones showing up for sale (i.e. eBay). Plus these would likely be 32GB models as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon