[Showing Off] My Lumia 1520 Start & Lock Screens

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
re: [Showing Off] My Lumia 1520 Start & Lock Screens

Woow i like that despite the screen is bigger,the live tiles are not bigger,they are the same size so you have more space,does it happen because of higher res?

eutonl

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

@JamesDax3, @ Morpheus Phreak - Hey guys..Im using Skinery Themes. Its a "try before you buy" program. There are 2 downfalls to this app though. One is that this app was made for the 2-Column phones b4 Nokia came out with 3. Ive had this app for a while (Since the Lumia 920) so i was able to figure out a way to design it with 3-Columns. If you guys are interested let me know. Ill set up a tutorial in the Forum. The second downfall is that right now, it only supports a few apps that are native to the phone like settings,wifi, bluetooth, store, battery saver, calculator, internet explorer, alarm. If you want to customize the phone app, music, games, pictures and others..you are out of luck for now. You can still have them pinned though. I just have them at the bottom so you have to scroll down.

View attachment 50773

I am still working on my 1520, and would love something like this. Please make a tutorial in the forum.

Brian Richman

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Benny - is the "picture" that spans the tiles a "Multiple Tiles" thing in the theme? Is there a way to do this for every tile easily or do I have to add every individual tile to it to get that effect (really like how you have it set up by the way)?

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Benny - is the "picture" that spans the tiles a "Multiple Tiles" thing in the theme? Is there a way to do this for every tile easily or do I have to add every individual tile to it to get that effect (really like how you have it set up by the way)?

@Brian Richman. you will have to set each individual task for each tile. After that, the layout will be saved then you can continuously change the photo if you like. The Ryu theme was made with my own personal background. @eutonl...I will set up a Tutorial in the Forums soon. Keep a look out.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

@Brian Richman. you will have to set each individual task for each tile. After that, the layout will be saved then you can continuously change the photo if you like. The Ryu theme was made with my own personal background. @eutonl...I will set up a Tutorial in the Forums soon. Keep a look out.
An video tutorial as well?

Zim Aliman

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Will be seriously considering this phone on release. Love the WP OS far more than the others. Slick, good looking and does what you need from a phone. Nokia's camera tech is also far better than the rest next arrival of concurating smartphone like ipad mini 2 & Nexus 5. .

Last edited:

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site

Here's mine, using WizTiles, after looking at threads here and in the wp8 subforum.

I'm still playing around with it, and I need to explore the other tile apps I have, but I definitely like the categories. Before it was way too cluttered for me.

Anyway, any thoughts or advice on how to improve on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131201_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131201_0001.png
    477.7 KB · Views: 56
  • wp_ss_20131201_0002.png
    wp_ss_20131201_0002.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 51
  • wp_ss_20131201_0003.png
    wp_ss_20131201_0003.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 48
  • wp_ss_20131201_0004.png
    wp_ss_20131201_0004.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 51

DEEBS808

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

I need to get off this forums. The waiting game sucks hahaha. Cant wait to try out Window phone and try out my 1520.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Below are 2 screen shots. This first one was taken the first or second day I had the phone, and was my best guess at how I wanted things setup. The second one I took this morning after I'd rearranged things for my usage. I'm adding them because it's interesting to see what changed over time, not because my screen is all that interesting in and of itself.

So what changed? Several things, and they are based on the size of the 1520 (it is my 4th windows phone so that part isn't new): The top is now dedicated to glance and go, whereas the bottom is functional based on most-used applications - they are easier to click one-handed. The size of the tile indicates how much I want to see it as well as how often I click it (bigger target = easier to use). Also, note that the outside tiles tend to be larger on the bottom, this is because they are most used and the smaller inner ones are included for convenience only.

So now you know something about me: I use Weave and Star Wars: Tiny Death Star a LOT during the day ;)

Day one setup:

wp_ss_20131126_0001.png

This morning's screen:

wp_ss_20131205_0003.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo