[Showing Off] My Lumia 1520 Start & Lock Screens

marianides

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
re: [Showing Off] My Lumia 1520 Start & Lock Screens

Hi guys, this is my start homescreen. Trying to sort it by most used and also by colors, so it looks good. wp_ss_20140529_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20140529_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20140529_0003.jpg

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Just realized my row of Rudy's Apps put 6 6 6 across my screen... Lol. Oops.

7xaO9vn.jpg

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I like how the purple icons for the Nokia apps blend in well with the background image you've chosen for the transparent tiles. Well done!

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

wp_ss_20140604_0001.jpg
Not using ClockHub anymore as I suspect it to be the culprit of my Phones Problems.

So far so good.

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

Various problems like:
Not using any apps for some time would usually end in a crash of the entire OS after again using an app - Opening an eMail would result in a loading message at the top of the phone but the body would stay blank and the app becoming unresponsive. Leaving the app to the Start Screen would then Crash the Start Screen as well only to be fixed with a Soft Reset ( Volume Down + Power ).

Also had some situations where the phone got really hot which once freaked me out like hell when it happened in my Holster without doing anything.
I think I occasionally experienced the battery drain thing but not so sure about that.

Mainly the crashing was the thing that annoyed me as it was happening whenever I was starting an App as it couldn't even be solved by Hard Resetting the phone which I did 3-4 times... I was close to returning it for replacement when I found a way to return it to 8.0 using a Nokia Tool which I then did but since 8.0 is such a POS since it's lacking the split Volume controls I quickly had to go 8.1 again - This time without installing any apps that keep updating the Start Screen of which I only have one that does not come by default: ClockHub

It's now past 24h since I did the Hard Reset and 8.1 Update ( including the 3rd Patch ) and it's not showing any symptoms of crashing, getting hot or having a battery drain issue - Something that by now would otherwise have happened at least half a dozen times already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos