02-05-2014 04:50 PM
334 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    3rd 4th - but im getting really concerned now its very near chuck back to amazon time
    I don't see myself trying another one because of the lottery of other hardware/software bugs
    And I love it as well ./cry - just whish it flipping worked :(

nearest thing to nokia statement is here below (very old now)
    Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions

Problem is its all guess work.

I would say Black roll out is main thing for them, and no doubt issues for some people with that.

Bit odd to do that and have our update so close, so I go for last week of the month..........but thats not to say they dont have it ready to go like tomorrow...who knows, its just a guess at how they important they see it compared to the Black roll out.

One thing for sure this update needs to fix more than the screen, the crap low light videos are just as bad, if they fix the screen but not the low light videos (not even that low light, even indoors is crap) then I will sell this and get SGS5 when its out.
    01-19-2014 09:35 AM
    One thing for sure this update needs to fix more than the screen, the crap low light videos are just as bad, if they fix the screen but not the low light videos (not even that low light, even indoors is crap) then I will sell this and get SGS5 when its out.
    Don't whatever you do get Daylight CFL light bulbs in your house like me - if you don't want to see red ring and green centres to all you pictures
    I believe its a problem with some camera hardware using in a lot of phones including iPhone
    lots of info on this link
    http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/.../t-954054.html

redring2.jpg

Anyway I shouldn't hijack this thread
    Last edited by madusmacus; 01-19-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    01-19-2014 12:02 PM
    Well, I am very happy with my Lumia 1520 (owned it over a month now) ... yeah, it needs some fine tuning, but I think that it is quite normal procedure for the such new generation products - well, it might take few months ...
    01-19-2014 01:02 PM
    Well, I am very happy with my Lumia 1520 (owned it over a month now) ... yeah, it needs some fine tuning, but I think that it is quite normal procedure for the such new generation products - well, it might take few months ...
    I love mine as well - if only the screen double tap fix would hurry up - I wont have to junk it
    01-19-2014 01:26 PM
    Ok Nokia thank you for nothing....

As an early adopter of this 1520 I assume me and others will have to just put up with... or reject this phone

Due to NOKIA's continued lack of help I have to assuming its early model BAD hardware
    NOKIA are obviously not going to admit to this or help us out.

Anyways I give in NOKIA WINS!
    I cant spend my life being this annoyed and depressed

I will return this and make sure me, my family and my friends don't use NOKIA ever again

:( very sad state of affairs
    01-23-2014 11:07 AM
    Yeah so many waiting to see what this update does, I will be happy and might stick with Nokia if they sort the screen touch issue and improve the low light videos.

If they fail to sort this then no more Nokia for me.

oh and seeing as the sales are down last Q4, the last thing they need is a load of people giving up on them.
    01-23-2014 12:06 PM
    Well new update from Nokia.......wait for it........its....well

Hi,

We'll be updating everyone in this thread once we have more information to share.

Regards.

Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 8 - Nokia Support Discussions
    01-23-2014 01:50 PM
    Well new update from Nokia.......wait for it........its....well

Hi,

We'll be updating everyone in this thread once we have more information to share.

Regards.

Just be patient, they will fix it ... :)
    01-23-2014 02:06 PM
    Just be patient, they will fix it ... :)

I still have it.....thats more patients than many lol

It should have not launched with so many issues, and it should not take so many threads/complaints/media news reports to make Nokia admit to it.

Yes they have many phones out all with their own issues but this was a new step for them, a kickass SD800 and big screen, a flagship phone, one that should get all the help/support from Nokia.....and yet months on and still no fix to this issue and others.

For me I tend to buy a new phone every year, and if this issue takes longer to sort thats a good bite into its life with me, a bite that will leave a bad taste..........and make me go back to Android.

There are many more who had this worse than me, got a replacement (at times a few) only to find its the same or worse, so the least Nokia can do is keep us all in the picture more often.
    01-23-2014 02:25 PM
    Yeah, not as bad as some but tap/swipe, also at times need to tap 5 or 6 times to turn screen on (tap to wake)
    Got mine back from repair they replaced it stating the phone was defective. ....stop waiting and send your phones in for repair....The new one works very well so far. Works as it should.....repair repair repair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    01-23-2014 08:43 PM
    Got mine back from repair they replaced it stating the phone was defective. ....stop waiting and send your phones in for repair....The new one works very well so far. Works as it should.....repair repair repair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    how did you show Nokia care the issue? I want to send my phone to Nokia Care to repair, but I don't know how to show it? The issue doesn't occur usually.
    Last edited by LongAnsi; 01-24-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    01-24-2014 03:30 AM
    how did you show Nokia care the issue? I want to send my phone to Nokia Care to repair, but I don't know how to show it? The issue doesn't occur usually.
    I just filled out the form of what happens and they do their test. Unfortunately this phone seems to have the same issues just not as bad. Back to Android maybe I'll try wp8 later when Sony or Samsung starts making phones.
    01-24-2014 07:57 AM
    +1520 using my 1520 is so much better now
    Where is this update you guys speak of
    My 1520 is 3 days old and I am suffering from this.
    01-24-2014 08:04 AM
    Where is this update you guys speak of
    My 1520 is 3 days old and I am suffering from this.
    Nokia said 3rd or 4th week of JAN.....but still nothing yet.
    01-24-2014 09:11 AM
    I hate that some people are still dealing with this. The issue on my phone is gone and hasn't returned thankfully.
    01-24-2014 09:23 AM
    I hate that some people are still dealing with this. The issue on my phone is gone and hasn't returned thankfully.

Well it might be about to get worse, it all rests on the update fixing the issue, if we get it and the issue is still there then its a hardware issue....and Nokia will have known this all to well.

We will either soon be happy with the screen, or all asking about return/refund.
    01-24-2014 09:47 AM
    why dont you tell us how you managed to fix this problem so we can close this thread and move on?
    01-24-2014 01:29 PM
    At this point I am really trying to figure out whether this is a true hardware issue or a software one.
    01-24-2014 01:30 PM
    At this point I am really trying to figure out whether this is a true hardware issue or a software one.

We will all know after update, they claim its the fix, so if it fails, well then its a hardware issue as if it was software we would all get the same results.

If it works then fine.....bit late but ok, but if it fails, thats a load of phones getting sent back and I think many will not buy Nokia again.
    01-24-2014 02:23 PM
    why dont you tell us how you managed to fix this problem so we can close this thread and move on?
    sadly nokia don't monitor this forum officially :(

Actual they don't even officially monitor my thread ...
    http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...f/td-p/2360143
    either (its user to user) :(

there is no real official forum so we are all at their mercy as to when and even if etc :(
    I've given up its a sad state of affairs.!!!!
    Last edited by madusmacus; 01-24-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    01-24-2014 02:23 PM
    On normal sensitivity, I do not have this problem on my 1520. It's still more sensitive than my past phones, but I adapted in about the first 10 minutes of use. Not a big deal at all.
    01-24-2014 03:07 PM
    On normal sensitivity, I do not have this problem on my 1520. It's still more sensitive than my past phones, but I adapted in about the first 10 minutes of use. Not a big deal at all.
    Yeah, I think the same, not a big deal at all ... and I am using high sensitivity ... well, I am expecting some fine tuning in a next fw update
    01-24-2014 03:13 PM
    sadly nokia don't monitor this forum officially :(

Actual they don't even officially monitor my thread ...
    Official statement for the 1520 "Double-Tap" inste... - Nokia Support Discussions
    either (its user to user) :(

there is no real official forum so we are all at their mercy as to when and even if etc :(
    I've given up its a sad state of affairs.!!!!

They check this one, been a few words from them but not much.

01-24-2014 03:16 PM
    We will all know after update, they claim its the fix, so if it fails, well then its a hardware issue as if it was software we would all get the same results.

If it works then fine.....bit late but ok, but if it fails, that's a load of phones getting sent back and I think many will not buy Nokia again.
    and it also means i lost $600 ... literally. cause where i am in the world there is no return policy ... repair also costs money.

i was considering buying an HTC today because i cant even use Facebook ... every time i would scroll up or down it would keep registering my scrolling as "taps" ...

very very bad, Nokia!
    01-24-2014 03:48 PM
    I wish I could. There was an update to one of the Nokia system apps a week or so ago, and it fixed the issue for some, and apparently didn't for others.
    01-24-2014 03:54 PM
334 ... 89101112 ...