Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine still out for repair no word on when it will be fixed but will be selling it after I get it back .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
When they said 3rd 4th week of Jan.....in my head it was 4th week with luck.

I think they said 3rd in the hope that it would stop some of the "WTF Nokia" maybe it will turn up sooner, but money goes on 4th week. (Black just rolled out, guess they be busy with that)

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
When they said 3rd 4th week of Jan.....in my head it was 4th week with luck.

I think they said 3rd in the hope that it would stop some of the "WTF Nokia" maybe it will turn up sooner, but money goes on 4th week. (Black just rolled out, guess they be busy with that)

3rd 4th - but im getting really concerned now its very near chuck back to amazon time
I don't see myself trying another one because of the lottery of other hardware/software bugs
And I love it as well ./cry - just whish it flipping worked :?(

nearest thing to nokia statement is here below (very old now)
Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
3rd 4th - but im getting really concerned now its very near chuck back to amazon time
I don't see myself trying another one because of the lottery of other hardware/software bugs
And I love it as well ./cry - just whish it flipping worked :?(

nearest thing to nokia statement is here below (very old now)
Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions

Problem is its all guess work.

I would say Black roll out is main thing for them, and no doubt issues for some people with that.

Bit odd to do that and have our update so close, so I go for last week of the month..........but thats not to say they dont have it ready to go like tomorrow...who knows, its just a guess at how they important they see it compared to the Black roll out.

One thing for sure this update needs to fix more than the screen, the crap low light videos are just as bad, if they fix the screen but not the low light videos (not even that low light, even indoors is crap) then I will sell this and get SGS5 when its out.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
One thing for sure this update needs to fix more than the screen, the crap low light videos are just as bad, if they fix the screen but not the low light videos (not even that low light, even indoors is crap) then I will sell this and get SGS5 when its out.

Don't whatever you do get Daylight CFL light bulbs in your house like me - if you don't want to see red ring and green centres to all you pictures
I believe its a problem with some camera hardware using in a lot of phones including iPhone
lots of info on this link
http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-954054.html

redring2.jpg

Anyway I shouldn't hijack this thread

Last edited:

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, I am very happy with my Lumia 1520 (owned it over a month now) ... yeah, it needs some fine tuning, but I think that it is quite normal procedure for the such new generation products - well, it might take few months ...

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am very happy with my Lumia 1520 (owned it over a month now) ... yeah, it needs some fine tuning, but I think that it is quite normal procedure for the such new generation products - well, it might take few months ...

I love mine as well - if only the screen double tap fix would hurry up - I wont have to junk it

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok Nokia thank you for nothing....

As an early adopter of this 1520 I assume me and others will have to just put up with... or reject this phone

Due to NOKIA's continued lack of help I have to assuming its early model BAD hardware
NOKIA are obviously not going to admit to this or help us out.

Anyways I give in NOKIA WINS!
I cant spend my life being this annoyed and depressed

I will return this and make sure me, my family and my friends don't use NOKIA ever again

:?( very sad state of affairs

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah so many waiting to see what this update does, I will be happy and might stick with Nokia if they sort the screen touch issue and improve the low light videos.

If they fail to sort this then no more Nokia for me.

oh and seeing as the sales are down last Q4, the last thing they need is a load of people giving up on them.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Just be patient, they will fix it ... :)

I still have it.....thats more patients than many lol

It should have not launched with so many issues, and it should not take so many threads/complaints/media news reports to make Nokia admit to it.

Yes they have many phones out all with their own issues but this was a new step for them, a kickass SD800 and big screen, a flagship phone, one that should get all the help/support from Nokia.....and yet months on and still no fix to this issue and others.

For me I tend to buy a new phone every year, and if this issue takes longer to sort thats a good bite into its life with me, a bite that will leave a bad taste..........and make me go back to Android.

There are many more who had this worse than me, got a replacement (at times a few) only to find its the same or worse, so the least Nokia can do is keep us all in the picture more often.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, not as bad as some but tap/swipe, also at times need to tap 5 or 6 times to turn screen on (tap to wake)

Got mine back from repair they replaced it stating the phone was defective. ....stop waiting and send your phones in for repair....The new one works very well so far. Works as it should.....repair repair repair.

LongAnsi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Got mine back from repair they replaced it stating the phone was defective. ....stop waiting and send your phones in for repair....The new one works very well so far. Works as it should.....repair repair repair.

how did you show Nokia care the issue? I want to send my phone to Nokia Care to repair, but I don't know how to show it? The issue doesn't occur usually.

Last edited:

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
how did you show Nokia care the issue? I want to send my phone to Nokia Care to repair, but I don't know how to show it? The issue doesn't occur usually.

I just filled out the form of what happens and they do their test. Unfortunately this phone seems to have the same issues just not as bad. Back to Android maybe I'll try wp8 later when Sony or Samsung starts making phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjheaberlin