02-05-2014 04:50 PM
334 1234 ...
tools
    The same here. Sometimes is annoying.
    11-30-2013 09:28 PM
    Also noticed this on my unit. Disappeared after a reboot. Try that and let me know if it works for you
    12-01-2013 10:16 PM
    The same here. Sometimes is annoying.
    Yeah. It seems improved but not completely. Most annoying when I'm browsing a playlist while a songs playing and my swipe is registered as a touch and changes the damn song!

It also just makes me apprehensive when using the device. Feeling like I'm always going to accidentally open something. Just a pain in the ***.
    12-02-2013 12:29 PM
    Just have to be more deliberate in your touches, less graceful in swiping. However taps are not always recognized.
    I also find the cursor loses it's place if I touch the screen above the keyboard.
    12-03-2013 01:53 AM
    Talking to Nokia Care on Twitter, but I doubt it will solve anything. Hopefully can get them to raise this issue and get Nokia to create a patch quickly.
    12-04-2013 12:38 PM
    My wife and I are experiencing the same problem, I talked to customer service about it and hopefully it will get resolved soon!
    12-04-2013 12:55 PM
    Change touch sensitivity to normal

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
    12-04-2013 01:07 PM
    I suppose its feature, rather than a bug.. We have to be used too.. Its respose of touch.. Unlike Samsung, its highly responsive. I High touch settings, we can swipe in air to use phone, its just amazing.
    Use 2 figures to swipe.. Its works well...

Sent from Tapatalk Lumia 625 GDR3
    12-04-2013 01:20 PM
    Change touch sensitivity to normal

Sent from my RM-892_im_india_216 using Tapatalk
    I've seen this reply a few times by others. Just to be clear, this does not fix the issue.
    12-04-2013 02:39 PM
    It looks like when the device wakes up from standby, the first swipe is getting registered as tap. In fact, I tried deliberately slow scroll and the screen refused to scroll. Subsequent swipes are working fine. Weird.
    12-04-2013 10:08 PM
    I just got the 1520 and tried rebooting and setting the sensitivity to "normal". Neither worked for me either : (
    12-05-2013 03:34 PM
    Just have to be more deliberate in your touches, less graceful in swiping. However taps are not always recognized.
    I also find the cursor loses it's place if I touch the screen above the keyboard.
    I also got my cursor in wrong place when I try to edit my typing errors. Its difficult to set the cursor to the precise character.
    12-05-2013 08:23 PM
    NOTICE!! I believe we have a fix for this!! I have also updated my Extras+Info with no luck to fixing the screen sensitivity. However 5 days later I decided to look into this more because of how annoying it is. After playing with it for a few my sensitivity is now fixed!! Please follow the steps below it worked for my 1520 hopefully it will work on yours.

1. Force update to Extras+Info in the app store if you have not already.
    2. After update reboot the 1520.
    3. Go to System Settings > Touch, once in there toggle the Touch Sensitivity (either to Normal or High) and back out of touch settings.
    4. Reboot phone one last time.

This should fix the sensitivity on the screen. I believe the update was the fix for the screen sensitivity, however the "extremely high" firmware sensitivity was stuck until you toggle it out of what ever touch sensitivity mode you were in.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    12-05-2013 10:26 PM
    @mcgheen2
    Oddly enough, I did, in fact, have an update for Extras+Info. Followed your advice. Hoping the issue is resolved. Thanks.

Update: Well, it does appear that this "fix" has a significant impact on the sensitivity issue. I've been using my 1520 for the past hour and a half without a single issue. Pretty pleased. Will update again if anything changes.

Update 2: Twelve hours later, and I have not experienced the sensitivity issue again. Is it due to the update or my adapting to the issue???

This is my second 1520. I took the first one back to the AT&T store this past Wednesday and exchanged it for the one I have now. The sensitivity issue came with this device as well.
    Last edited by Scienceguy Labs; 12-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    12-05-2013 11:08 PM
    What version is the extras + info update? I just used the sysapp pusher, it says no update. Maybe its not available for me just yet.
    12-06-2013 07:49 AM
    What version is the extras + info update? I just used the sysapp pusher, it says no update. Maybe its not available for me just yet.
    Don't see a version number for it. In the sysapp pusher, did you long press Extras-Info and force it to check??
    12-06-2013 12:02 PM
    Yes I did. The latest update is version number 3.3.3.2, dates 11/28/13. You can check the version number from the sysapp pusher, or from the link in the sysapp pusher that takes you to the app in the store. What version number do you see?
    12-06-2013 12:53 PM
    Yes I did. The latest update is version number 3.3.3.2, dates 11/28/13. You can check the version number from the sysapp pusher, or from the link in the sysapp pusher that takes you to the app in the store. What version number do you see?
    Aha. Got it. I'm showing the same as you. That's odd. So, a few possibilities.... I have adjusted my swipes and taps to the issue, my current 1520 (my second one) does not actually have the issue, or a number of release day 1520's are plagued with this issue, but since I exchanged mine for a new phone 12 days after release, I now have an issue-free 1520.
    On a side note, on my original 1520, I was experiencing a screen dim of around 10% brightness after turning the phone on. I'm not experiencing this issue any more either.
    12-06-2013 01:52 PM
    Installed all the updates but it's still doing it. I believe this is a hardware issue as my wife's Galaxy S4 did the same thing and had to be exchanged. It was a faulty digitizer in the case of the S4

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk
    12-08-2013 02:35 AM
    Had a few issues but not a big deal, I am sure they will fix it, just find you need to really make a choice, swipe or tap, any gesture thats in between can cause it to open stuff you dont want.
    Tap to unlock is a little hit and miss.
    12-08-2013 06:07 AM
    Had a few issues but not a big deal, I am sure they will fix it, just find you need to really make a choice, swipe or tap, any gesture thats in between can cause it to open stuff you dont want.
    That would be normal behaviour for a sensitive screen. Mine's much worse, however. I can reproduce this 2 out of 3 times: hit the home button coming from any app and then perform a swiping gesture on the home screen (either upward or to the right towards the app list) -> either it'll immediately open an app instead of swiping, or it'll do nothing at all and I have to repeat the gesture 2-3 times until it reacts.
    12-08-2013 07:00 AM
    Yea, im having the same issue. It is annoying. Also, whenever im tying a message sometimes it doubles or even triples the letters im typing. I think ill just go use the demo model in an ATT store and see if the same thing happens, and then if it does then ill just deal with it, but if it doesnt I may swap it out for another one.
    12-09-2013 02:54 AM
    NOTICE!! I believe we have a fix for this!! I have also updated my Extras+Info with no luck to fixing the screen sensitivity. However 5 days later I decided to look into this more because of how annoying it is. After playing with it for a few my sensitivity is now fixed!! Please follow the steps below it worked for my 1520 hopefully it will work on yours.

1. Force update to Extras+Info in the app store if you have not already.
    2. After update reboot the 1520.
    3. Go to System Settings > Touch, once in there toggle the Touch Sensitivity (either to Normal or High) and back out of touch settings.
    4. Reboot phone one last time.

This should fix the sensitivity on the screen. I believe the update was the fix for the screen sensitivity, however the "extremely high" firmware sensitivity was stuck until you toggle it out of what ever touch sensitivity mode you were in.
    Hi. Im new at al this and im obviously having the same screen sensitivity issue. Im confused by step 1. What do you mean?
    12-09-2013 03:00 AM
    Those with issues, are you using a screen protector? I previously used a matte type protector and had issues. I have now changed to a clear glossy protector and the issue seems to have gone so far. Could be a coincidence, I don't know...
    12-11-2013 04:35 AM
    this is a bug with glance background beta as it does this every now and again on my 920. If I am correctly assuming about what your talking about
    I just had this happen to me on my 1520 but I don't even have the glance background installed so it's not that.
    12-11-2013 07:14 AM
334 1234 ...