• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
02-05-2014 03:50 PM
334 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Its almost like there is a delay you have to leave you finger on longer for the swipe to be a swipe......typing is flawless so tapping is fine.....
    12-23-2013 04:33 PM
    TBH its Nokia thats bugging me more than the phone, lets face it this time next year I will be on with another phone...unsure who with though.

What I am entitled to (as others) is a fully working product....thats all, nothing more, nothing less, and trust me, from reading some other posts I am very calm :-) I just cannot stand any company who these days seem to rush a product out without the correct QC, and to make it worse give the customers the silent treatment (Nokia not the only ones mind, Samsung did the same with the SGS4)

I would rather wait a month or two extra for a firm to QC the product right, would save me the time of coming on here to stand on my soap box lol I would also have more respect for a firm to come forward and keep us up to date with news, because even that helps.

Like the issue I have now, just bought a not so cheap screen protector, but its sat in its box......do I put it on only to find that I have to return the phone......or put it on and hope a update will fix it? just a simple thing like that, but it could mean me needing to pay out another 20 to replace it.

Going off topic really....will end with "NOKIA FIX it or I am telling Santa you have been bad"
    nthknd likes this.
    12-23-2013 04:33 PM
    It might appear like people are losing their cool over nothing, but in any given 5 minute span of time using my 1520, the swipe/tap issue occurs between 5 to 10 times, especially while navigating the start screen and when in apps that require lots of scrolling through clickable articles...news apps and such. Instagram is a pain as well. I spend quite a bit of time"unliking" posts because my swipes are registered as taps so often. It becomes pretty annoying....I can put up with it, but for such a high-quality, somewhat expensive device, it's disappointing to say the least. This is my second 1520 with the issue. Number 3 is in the mail. :)
    I've used mine for hours in various applications and can honestly say I haven't experienced problems with the gestures like you have. Like I said, it'll occasionally happen to me but nothing that is too bothersome. I also tend to keep my display clean and free of smudges as much as possible, that may be a factor.
    12-23-2013 04:35 PM
    I am curious: have you guys tried factory reset your phone? So here is my story: I didn't notice this problem until I installed the newest att update. It was so bad that made one of my news apps impossible to use. Last night I did a factory reset and this problem is almost gone - the false click only happens 1 in 50 scroll actions (it used to be 1 in 3 in that news app).

Another thing that did change after the factory reset is the environmental temperature and the humidity: it's getting warmer here. If this problem appears again when the coldness comes back, I would treat it as a hardware problem and return/exchange my phone.
    1 in 50 is still bad, seen some say its fixed 100%, some say its now 1 in 200....and yes some say problem is back just as bad.

And remember this, when you come to sell the phone, and the new owner has the issue appear, well then he/she might start asking for their money back, so I would aim for a fully working phone.

With any FW update I would always say hard reset, slight pain but worth it.
    12-23-2013 04:41 PM
    1 in 50 is still bad, seen some say its fixed 100%, some say its now 1 in 200....and yes some say problem is back just as bad.

And remember this, when you come to sell the phone, and the new owner has the issue appear, well then he/she might start asking for their money back, so I would aim for a fully working phone.

With any FW update I would always say hard reset, slight pain but worth it.
    I sell my phone back to the carriers for credit, so no problem there for me. I usually don't do hard resets unless I spot a particular issue that I can't fix otherwise.

Then again I know people that say to also wipe drivers completely clean off a system and never install drivers over the top (PC stuff)...but they usually end up with more issues than I do.

Just goes to show...mileage may vary.
    12-23-2013 05:33 PM
    I've used mine for hours in various applications and can honestly say I haven't experienced problems with the gestures like you have. Like I said, it'll occasionally happen to me but nothing that is too bothersome. I also tend to keep my display clean and free of smudges as much as possible, that may be a factor.
    Well, I'm jealous of you. Ha ha ha :) I agree, it's no deal breaker. I think I have adapted my gestures/swipes/taps somewhat, so I'm good with the phone; but the issue still happens to me quite a bit. I baby my phones, so cleanliness is not an issue. I read an interesting comment above, however, that pointed out the fact that it doesn't happing while typing/tapping letters. It seems to be an issue when navigating apps and the start screen. Anyway, I'm glad yours is working somewhat more correctly than others. Hoping my new one does as well. Cheers.
    12-23-2013 07:50 PM
    @irving792

That's a great point! Never noticed it happening when typing texts, emails, etc. Interesting.
    12-23-2013 07:50 PM
    Typing has never been a problem for my 2 phones either, it's mainly when I'm scrolling through my start screen and triggering an inadvertent app open, or clicking on a link on a web page while scrolling it, but it's enough to annoy me for having to back out of it and find where I was again.

I'm getting phone #3 sent this week, and it's going to be a red one this time, hopefully it'll be from an unaffected group.
    12-23-2013 09:01 PM
    for me its very simple..i paid 540 plus tax and shipping. I did my part now Nokia do there's and give me the product that I pay for in the correct working manner. simple.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    12-23-2013 09:30 PM
    for me its very simple..i paid 540 plus tax and shipping. I did my part now Nokia do there's and give me the product that I pay for in the correct working manner. simple.
    I agree with this. I think they should work to make sure the bugs are fixed. The only thing I've said slightly different is that I have no problem with Nokia letting their employees enjoy the holidays and then get back to work. :)
    Scienceguy Labs and nthknd like this.
    12-23-2013 11:00 PM
    my 920 never did this so its gotta be firmware I hope :(.........right? Lol
    12-23-2013 11:10 PM
    Going by a message from Nokia on the support page, a fix is due 3rd or 4th week of Jan
    longvanas and lemonsteveo like this.
    12-24-2013 03:48 AM
    Going by a message from Nokia on the support page, a fix is due 3rd or 4th week of Jan
    Mind posting the link? I don't doubt you...but I like to bookmark pages for helping others. :)
    12-24-2013 04:21 AM
    I am having the same issue here. I will welcome the fix.
    12-24-2013 04:26 AM
    Mind posting the link? I don't doubt you...but I like to bookmark pages for helping others. :)
    Seems to be official reply from nokia here (thanks for the heads up Mark Reed2)

Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions
    Last edited by madusmacus; 12-24-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    5150 Joker likes this.
    12-24-2013 04:28 AM
    Seems to be official reply from nokia here (thanks for the heads up Mark Reed2)

Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 5 - Nokia Support Discussions
    Is the week 3/4 2014 fix for the US or is this worldwide? I sure hope the latter is the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-24-2013 06:09 AM
    Is the week 3/4 2014 fix for the US or is this worldwide? I sure hope the latter is the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I asked in the linked thread lets see if he has time to answer :)
    12-24-2013 06:41 AM
    I feel the same and I already have scratches because I took of my screen protector because Nokia suggested it....i just want a working phone with no compromises.
    12-24-2013 06:41 AM
    Well from the amount of worldwide owners on the thread I would go with the international version, though I would not be shocked if another smaller one hits AT&T around the same time, that way it would bring them on par with each other....just a guess.

I hope they are using the extra time for other little fixes that are needed....and think on, the AT&T update did not fix all phones, some still have the issue after update (I hope its a small %) lets hope this is a newer version with a better success rate.

It would be nice if a camera fix lands in Jan
    longvanas likes this.
    12-24-2013 07:53 AM
    On that note, anyone heard any talk of a camera update to fix the horrible low light video performance? one guy said he heard something but not what or where lol
    12-24-2013 04:35 PM
    I had this problem too and today I just went to AT&T to exchange the new one and I got lucky this problem is completely gone...maybe the first shipment got this issue...
    12-24-2013 08:23 PM
    I got my replacement yesterday, touch screen issue is still relevant.
    12-26-2013 12:01 AM
    Got my third 1520 today...AT&T white. Previously had two black models. The screen sensitivity issue is way better. Still there but better. The screen dimming issue is completely gone. Yay! 😊

Edit: So after a day or so, the screen sensitivity has come back. It was slow to build, but it is now the same as my first two 1520s. Good news is the screen dimming has not returned.
    Last edited by Scienceguy Labs; 12-29-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    12-28-2013 07:23 PM
    Got my third 1520 today...AT&T white. Previously had two black models. The screen sensitivity issue is way better. Still there but better. The screen dimming issue is completely gone. Yay! ��

Edit: So after a day or so, the screen sensitivity has come back. It was slow to build, but it is now the same as my first two 1520s. Good news is the screen dimming has not returned.
    Good news on the Dimming :)
    Also looks more like software now
    Thank you for the Heads up :)

P.S. Nokia has updated info here
    http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...2278919/page/5
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    12-30-2013 04:33 AM
    Returned mine for a refund with a heavy heart as it is a sensational device, however I can't play handset roulette with a 600 device (UK) as I am still not convinced this is merely software related.

I am now back to my trusted 920, no touch issues whatsoever.

Will repurchase when I am convinced that they have ironed out all issues, end of January from the looks of things, by then we may even have some indication of a 5" 1080p global device.
    12-31-2013 01:23 PM
334 ... 45678 ...