Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue? The phone often sees my swipes as clicks. I thought it was a sensitivity setting and set it from high to normal but it didn't help. Should I return for a another one or is this "normal"?

I did not have this issues with the 920 & 1020.

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be having the same issue. Accidentally like instagram photos constantly. Open apps accidentally. Its a bit annoying. Wondering if others are having the same issue as well. If not, I'll swap it out.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 1520, but I have this problem on my 520. The only way I have found to keep it from happening, is to make sure when I swipe, I make a big gesture. Little swipes usually register as taps.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a 1520, but I have this problem on my 520. The only way I have found to keep it from happening, is to make sure when I swipe, I make a big gesture. Little swipes usually register as taps.

This. Small swipes register as touches. On my1520, as long as I make long swiping gestures, everything registers fine.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Yup me too, I end up with unintentional app launches about 5-6 times per day because the phone thinks I touched an icon instead of swiping up or down. Quite annoying.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'm sure it's a firmware thing. I bet they just scaled up the algorithms that distinguish between a small swipe and a tap. So on a giant 6" screen, what used to register as a small swipe, now becomes just a tap, because as a proportion of the screen, your absolute "sloppy swipe" (picture grazing the screen with a 1/4" swipe that you meant as a tap) becomes a "sloppy tap" (because 1/4" of a giant screen is below the threshold for what it thinks is a real swipe). That would be filed under the "rush job" category.

Fortunately I'm sure it can be fixed with firmware. They ALL seem to do it, so it's definitely firmware and not a manufacturing defect. They COULD have gone the Android route and let users calibrate swipes and taps but I think that is lazy and opens the door to customer dissatisfaction.

vpkb

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
..sometimes, it doesn't sense the swipe at all. I would have to lift and swipe again. A small tradeoff for an awesome phone, hopefully will be fixed with a simple update. Too back Nokia doesn't include a notify tool.

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think an update was just pushed this morning that fixes this. Check your store app for a system update. My touch seems much improved.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue? The phone often sees my swipes as clicks. I thought it was a sensitivity setting and set it from high to normal but it didn't help. Should I return for a another one or is this "normal"?

I did not have this issues with the 920 & 1020.
I noticed increased sensitivity after GDR2. However mine is the opposite, my 920 reads my lazy clicks as swipes. Time will tell if the update fixed the issue for me

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
wow! What a difference!!! I force updated the Extras+Info from the store and it's much better. Thanks!

Found the update by scanning the QR code in the WPCentral news article for the update. Weird that the store didn't show any updates availlable.

MrVol84

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I updated my extras app today and I'm still getting the high sensitivity. Also, today my screen did this weird high contrast inverted thing. It corrected itself with a shut off/on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)