Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Well we are all waiting to see what this update does thats due in the next few weeks......fix, we are all happy......or lots of phones about to be returned lol

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Already sent mine in for warranty and it's been a nightmare. So hopefully other won't have my issues....but I would say if your going to send it in for warranty be ready for a lot of trouble getting them to do what they should do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does this affect all 1520s? I was thinking of buying one but a bit worried about this issue. Might wait and see if it get's fixed through a software update...

I had this issue on an AT&T version, as well as my international version. Because of that, I'd have a tough time believing that it isn't present in all 1520s.

BTW, I would not send mine in for a warranty fix for this issue unless Nokia releases a statement saying to do so. I'm guessing some type of software update is in the works to fix this.

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
My screen is over sensitive as well...however, it's not worth returning it. I'm sure there will be a patch/update/fix for this coming at some point. I absolutely LOVE this phone and there is no way I'm returning it for any other phone, even though the 1020 is nice. Those on the fence about the 1520 being too sensitive....don't be. Get it...you won't regret it (it's not bad, or a deal breaker). She's a BEAUT!

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I am living with it... I try to be a deliberate as possible when scrolling through web pages... Every so often it launches something on the page I didn't select, but I'm so used to pushing the "back" capacitive key bow it doesn't slow me down... I'm keeping the faith... But an update would be helpful... Can't some web guru create an online petition and shame Nokia/Microsoft into addressing this issue? Its the largest thread on this forum lol

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue on an AT&T version, as well as my international version. Because of that, I'd have a tough time believing that it isn't present in all 1520s.

BTW, I would not send mine in for a warranty fix for this issue unless Nokia releases a statement saying to do so. I'm guessing some type of software update is in the works to fix this.

Well we are unsure when a fix may come although there are rumors of one being sent out this month. I'm not to sure about advising people not to seek warranty until Nokia says so as that just doesn't seem productive me to. In fact when I called to get help on the issue I was told to send it in if the problem presents itself often but different strokes for different folks. For me the issue appeared to be getting worst and not better plus other issues started such as the Bing page appearing out of nowhere and the dimming issues along with the popping sounds. Guess it's up to each person to decide what's acceptable for their situation.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Last words from Nokia is that a worldwide update is due 3rd or 4th week of Jan.

They said that it will fix the screen issue, but with it been worldwide I would guess that its more than just that, I would say there will be a few little fixes thrown in.......and I pray a fix/help for low light videos.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Now Nokia can't find my phone that I sent in for warranty. FedEx has a sign delivery but Nokia has no request no status and just said it will be updated but they do have it. Wtf.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Now Nokia can't find my phone that I sent in for warranty. FedEx has a sign delivery but Nokia has no request no status and just said it will be updated but they do have it. Wtf.

just wait until Fedex update their status that was delivered and signed so you can show to Nokia that you have proof.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh I do..and they did all Nokia can say is oh we have your phone I see it's was received that's all they know at this poijtm

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
If they acknowledge that they received the phone just wait couple more days to check on the status of the phone. If they sent you another one or not.

LongAnsi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
This issue is very terrible. My phone not only click instead of swipes but also double clicks when I play game or write message. Especially, it sometimes clicks word when I surf the net. I don't know are there anyone has double clicks issue like me. :cry:

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Just decided to drop in on this thread as I have been patiently waiting for the fix for this. The speaker popping happens too but that doesn't affect my functionality. Randomly clicking everything all the time does. Glad I checked in anyway as it seems there is a fix inbound per the comments previously.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I haven't seen anything like this other than the lock screen issue I started a thread on. But I don't think that is a sensitivity issue.

Perhaps it's related more to a person's skin or something like that :).

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Well few updates just came through now (UK) system/camera/storytella
system just said general improvements , camera DNG fix, story few improvements.....so unsure if this is the screen fix, at a guess it is, but sadly the low light video still sucks.....hope thats next.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems reports are in that after this update people still have screen issue, so either this was not the fix or its not a good fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster