Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I wish I had the hope many of you do based on that one small statement made by one representative. Guess I need to have more faith in nokia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

CollingwoodFc

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys thought to let you know that my screen tap issues are gone since I updated extras +info which rolled out today. Its version 3.4.3.5. Make sure your region is US and do restart after installing.

Good luck 👍

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if this will be like the last update where it seem to fix this issue for a short period then people started experiencing the issues again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic, but since the update, not only is the screen sensitivity fixed, but the screen dimming bug seems to be fixed as well. I've been trying all the usual situations for both bugs, but so far nothing. A very happy few hours, hope it holds up.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic, but since the update, not only is the screen sensitivity fixed, but the screen dimming bug seems to be fixed as well. I've been trying all the usual situations for both bugs, but so far nothing. A very happy few hours, hope it holds up.

it's fixed on mine, too - but now mine has the WiFi bug (shows that it's connected with good reception but data doesn't work). I never had that one on this phone before.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

LongAnsi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
We should try out and report. It seems fix this issue. Do this Extra+info nokia means 3rd 4th week Jan?
After testing hard. Sensitivity issue hasn't come yet. I still have screen issue. So its not a good fix. I wonder this extra+info's update is the same update nokia means.If it that right, it will a bad news :(

Jerrycw

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
After about 30mins of testing I can say this update on extras+info does lower the chance of tapping problem, but not a complete fix. Though I feel happy to have this partial fix, at least in not hitting the problem as much

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I rarely had that tap problem during scrolling but since the update yesterday I noticed a better tap to wake sensitivity. Tap to wake sometimes worked only after trying several times. Now I think it works immediately almost every time.

The dimming bug is still there. Just had it after turning the phone on.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Extras + Info update seems to have worked for me too after a soft reset of the phone. I don't get the repeated keys on the keyboard anymore. Going to turn on high screen sensitivity and see how that goes.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I rarely had that tap problem during scrolling but since the update yesterday I noticed a better tap to wake sensitivity. Tap to wake sometimes worked only after trying several times. Now I think it works immediately almost every time.

The dimming bug is still there. Just had it after turning the phone on.

I think what a lot of people don't know is that tap to wake won't work if a part of your hand is hovering the top right corner of the phone where Nokia is written. Underneath it, is a sensor that disables touchscreen for when it is in your pocket. In my experience this is mostly always the reason why double tap to wake doesn't work.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't expect a "Collection of Apps" (Extras+Info) to fix this "double tap" instead of "Swipe" Bug
It might be able to fix the issue in a few apps that it supplies but I don't belive a generic fix can happen at this level

It will need the promised Firmware update 3rd/4th week January (Hardware issue needing a low level patch)

People that believe it has fixed it for them are probably right in the short term - but it will creep back in the next day or so believe me
Placebo and soft reset effects :?)

P.S anyways it didn't help me - I still get the double tap issue

Last edited:

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I think what a lot of people don't know is that tap to wake won't work if a part of your hand is hovering the top right corner of the phone where Nokia is written. Underneath it, is a sensor that disables touchscreen for when it is in your pocket. In my experience this is mostly always the reason why double tap to wake doesn't work.

No, most of the time it didn't work when I didn't (!!!) hold the Nokia in the hands at all and double-tapped it. But at the moment this works flawlessly... Let's hope it will stay that way.

PS: I never hold the phone so that it covers the top. You gotta have kingkong sized hands to do that :D

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't expect a "Collection of Apps" (Extras+Info) to fix this "double tap" instead of "Swipe" Bug
It might be able to fix the issue in a few apps that it supplies but I don't belive a generic fix can happen at this level

I'm not sure about this either, but Nokia's apps do have lower level OEM access and it may have interfered with something on the system. So far so good though, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss