Touch Screen Too Sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
There is no released update as of yet.

MarcinKe. Please explain what you're referring to.

I'll stash my 1520 back in the drawer and resume using my HTC 8x instead. oh well :(

cylent

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
not to burst anyones bubble but expecting nokia to deliver a update that fixes an issue they dont care about... thats like expecting it to snow on the moon.
they will do it on their schedule. they could give a rats *** about a few forum users having issues.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say a few. There are lots of people with the problem. However, I agree with you that Nokia does not really care. If they did, they would have done something about it by now.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Mark, I do not think they gonna release anything soon, if at all. I am considering returning my Nokia and getting another one but since a lot of them seem to have a problem and mine is not that bad I might just live with it. Looks like my last Nokia phone. Not because it is so annoying but because Nokia has been ignoring us for such a long time.

Have had lots of Nokias and always tried to support them. But that's it. No more.

Shredcow

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think it's a premature to dump the phone now, just because Nokia did not solve the issue completely. Nokia has proven themselves dedicated to WP. All those Nokia extras in the phone; don't they tell you something? I think more confidence, more patience, should be given.

Of course, if the issue is so terrible that it renders the phone unusable, sure, go dump it. But I don't think that is the case for the touch screen issue.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It is very random. It is great at times and then I can have to swipes in a row recognized as taps. Is the phone usable? Yes, it is. Am I a bit disappointed? Yes, I am. If I knew it was the case I would wait a bit as my 920 is still working fine.

mingu

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The problem is not a small one. It is not only a swipe or tap problem. Many of us cannot type properly because the phone is registering multiple key presses when tapping a key. When the phone is not behaving almost every word need to be corrected. If you use the chinese stroke input the problem renders itt useless. If you use a pin to unlock your phone, it is almost certain you have to do it a few times. And i have avoided using the phone to logon to my bank for fear of typing in the password 3 times. So you see it is a serious problem.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I decided to keep my phone because of it - I mean I am afraid I might end up with something with more problems. As of now, typing is no problem on my device, so I am going to keep it. I have a problem with waking a phone up and swipe/tap. Other than that it is very good, no complaints.

Well, hopefully an update will be available soon.

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
So it will not happen, as promised, by the end of January. I would understand no update, but keeping quiet all this time is not what customer service should be like. Too bad, Nokia :(

Last edited:

MarcinKe

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Another poster (in another post) suggested to turn auto-brightness off and choose medium setting. He claims it works. I am testing it now. Will let you know tomorrow if it works :)

Planet X

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
At least it works for me. But now I have to switch from medium to low everything myself as medium is too bright in the evening hours. Auto brightness is very useful if it works. I hope Nokia will fix this issue very soon.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
At least it works for me. But now I have to switch from medium to low everything myself as medium is too bright in the evening hours. Auto brightness is very useful if it works. I hope Nokia will fix this issue very soon.

Dont worry fix is out tomorrow..........but if its not, be happy in knowing that Nokia did not lie just to you....they lied to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers