Incipio PMA case-- Where art thou??

Ycore

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so it was bad enough that AT&T decided to do away with the integrated Qi charging, but you'd think the LEAST they could do in return is to ensure that a compatible PMA case would be available at launch time. It's sold out at AT&T as well as Incipio, so I've now got my 1520 and am waiting for my case..

Does anybody know of any other PMA case for the 1520, and if not, does anybody have a clue when the Incipio case will be available again?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could you explain why? Does it not work properly or are you saying this as a matter of principle since AT&T gutted the integrated Qi functionality?

just on principle as thats exactly what they want you to do!
i've seen talk of putting in a Qi coil into the 1520, or better yet maybe a cover with Qi.

anyways, I haven't really heard of any other PMA case other than the Incipio one, but then again, I'm not exactly looking for those

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I love when someone dictates to other people what their principles should be...

Love it... /s

Now with that said I am also curious about a restock date. It would be nice to have this so I don't have a dangling cord for cats to play with between charges.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So you have to buy the case and then buy a charging pad? Thank you for I will stick to the old fashion way....an outlet or my car charger.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I received the Incipio PMA Wireless Charging Case for the Lumia 1520. I ordered it from AT&T and they sent it very quickly. It appears to fit well but definitely adds bulk. I feel confident if I threw my encased 1520 I could kill a small mammal. I have not yet received the charging base but will eventually provide an update on how it performs.

Ycore

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I received the case from AT&T yesterday that silently shipped off of back-order and have had 24hrs to test out the wireless charging. First off, as for the case, I don't mind the bulk it added however it provides almost zero protection for your device. There are no raised rubber "ridges" or bumpers along the edges of the case, therefore if you drop the phone face down your screen will bear the full impact. This was obviously disappointing for a case that is bulkier than a standard case that would provide this type of protection.

Now for the charging.. I bought a Duracell powermat, plugged it in, and laid my phone down on the mat.. Nothing. Fiddled with it by moving it around on the pad a bit, and was finally greeted with a "chirp" and a light to indicate that it was charging. The problem is that though the mat is large, the charging conductor (represented by a dot on the mat) is maybe 1/4" in size. The conductor built into the case about the same. What this means is that charging the phone isn't simply a matter of simply tossing or laying it down on the mat. You have to coax and fidget it into the correct position with surgical accuracy-- it takes me about 5 seconds of gently poking the device on the mat in different directions before things perfectly align and it begins to charge. There is some magnetic "pull" as you get closer to your target, but it isn't strong or specific enough to get it on target without the aforementioned fidgeting.

My opinion is that unless they come out with a charging plate with a far larger conductor contact, it takes less time to plug your phone in and charge it the good old fashioned way. My hopes were that wireless charging meant I could just place my phone on the mat and it would charge, not have to spend time playing some maddening game of pin the tail on the donkey.

Verdict: pass on this case/charger

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had the Incipio charging case for a few days. The case fits well and exposes the buttons, camera and speaker. The cut outs actually make the buttons easier to find, as the 1520 buttons are relatively flush with the side of the phone. The sides of the case doesn't extend higher than the screen and therefore doesn't provide any front protection. It has a soft feel and a rounded back that makes the phone more comfortable to hold. I have had no problem with the phone aligning with the Duracell charging pad and there appears to be magnets that help the connectors line up, in fact when you pick up the phone the charging pad sometimes lifts off the counter. I have had no problems with charging and my 1520 went from 53% charged to 73% in one hour. Overall I would say the Incipio charging case works as advertised but I wish it was less bulky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05