I got an HTC One a few months ago and I like it. I was reluctant to get it because of the rumors of the Lumia 1520 but since I didn't know when it would come out I decided to get the One. Well after having it for a while the "honeymoon" period is ending and I am seeing the faults in it that are really starting to bother me. To start, the camera is terrible! Whenever it is in low light and the iso is high these purple tiger like stripes appear in the photos, and since it is only 4mp's the photos aren't as sharp as my previous phone (gs3). Also the battery life leaves more to be desired with it struggling to make it through the day with minimal use. One other thing is that I am getting kind of bored of Android (I still like it) and wp seems really intriguing and also seems like it would go good along with my windows 8.1 laptop. I also like the appeal of the Lumia's screen/size, camera, and aesthetics. So does anyone think I should jump ship and pay the off contract price for the 1520 or stay with my One?
    11-27-2013 07:43 PM
    Well, the 1520 certainly addresses your major gripes with the One.... Camera and battery life. I've never owned an Android phone only had an Android tablet and I'm just not a fan of the OS. I went from having all the iPhones through the 4S to jumping ship to the 920. I have no regrets leaving iOS. WP8 is far from perfect but, it's strong points are really strong and it's weak areas are more of a slight irritant than a deal-breaker.
    hipporama and buxz777 like this.
    11-27-2013 07:50 PM
    Tough call. HTC One is supposed to be a top notch phone. Make sure Windows Phone has at least equivalents of all your essential apps. There is a Windows Phone app called "Where's My App?" on the Lumia 1520 on display in AT&T stores that will lists Windows Phone apps or their 3rd party equivalents.
    11-27-2013 08:13 PM
    Good advice! Thank you! :)
    11-27-2013 08:27 PM
    Thank You all for the replies!
    11-27-2013 08:28 PM
    I got an HTC One a few months ago and I like it. I was reluctant to get it because of the rumors of the Lumia 1520 but since I didn't know when it would come out I decided to get the One. Well after having it for a while the "honeymoon" period is ending and I am seeing the faults in it that are really starting to bother me. To start, the camera is terrible! Whenever it is in low light and the iso is high these purple tiger like stripes appear in the photos, and since it is only 4mp's the photos aren't as sharp as my previous phone (gs3). Also the battery life leaves more to be desired with it struggling to make it through the day with minimal use. One other thing is that I am getting kind of bored of Android (I still like it) and wp seems really intriguing and also seems like it would go good along with my windows 8.1 laptop. I also like the appeal of the Lumia's screen/size, camera, and aesthetics. So does anyone think I should jump ship and pay the off contract price for the 1520 or stay with my One?
    Go with a Nokia (be it the 1520 or another one). I've had pretty much every major android device, including the HTC One and in the end they always disappointed. Most of them are rather laggy and Android just isn't as polished as WP8. Android just looks a lot like Linux to me: powerful but not very refined, even in the latest versions. I like iOS a lot but until they finally release an iPhone with a larger screen, it'll be WP8 for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    12-03-2013 11:26 PM
    Ive had the HTC ONE for a few months. Got tired of Android and wanted to try something new. Just ordered a Black Nokia 1520. It should arrive by Sat. I cant wait to try Windows Phone and the Nokia 1520.
    GrayW0lf likes this.
    12-03-2013 11:43 PM
    Make the Jump. I've had the HtC Inspire( Android) after owning the Samsung Focus ( 1st WP). I purchased the Galaxy Note ll ( Android) because of the size along side using a Nokia 920. The Apps and the customization offered by Android wasn't enough to keep me away from the Window OS experience of my Nokia 920.The Galaxy note ll has some nice feature ,'but the Android system still wasn't enough to make me lay down my Nokia.

Now I am the proud owner of a Black Nokia Lumia 1520 and could not be happier. The experience is smooth and beautiful. The screen IS NOT TOO BIG .its the best mobile device I have ever had and trust me I 've had plenty

.Please ignore the" whiners." This phone is just not for them. I stopped reading this forum due to the negativity. Once you decide you don't like the NL1520 , please post on the many other fine Forums and threads available.

In closing switch to 1520
    lucas.scott, GrayW0lf and sbps1 like this.
    12-04-2013 01:12 AM
    Yes. Non-Google Edition HTC= no support.
    12-04-2013 01:56 AM
    I sold my HTC One last Friday and ordered my 1520 the same day. The 4.3 update absolutely ruined low light photos due to the purple tint - and unfortunately it could not be reversed even by flashing a RUU back to before 4.3. It was a very nice device, but Im using my 920 in the interim until my 1520 gets here and couldnt be more satisfied. Hell, I sold my Nexus 5 after having it for a week. Nothing keeps me coming back like WP, even though Android is certainly starting to impress me again after several years.

I would DEFINITELY get the phone off contract since thats what I did. We have a test 1520 at work, and while its gigantic, I do think I will enjoy it. And for 549 off contract...its an absolute steal.......do it.
    12-04-2013 02:09 AM
    I had an HTC One for a few months (I wasn't a WP convert until the original HTC Titan came out, and was a diehard Android user before that, having owned EVERY major flagship phone). You won't regret the switch. The ONLY thing I miss about Android is Google Now. If you can get over that until Cortana comes out, you will be more than happy with the 1520.
    12-05-2013 12:23 PM
    I had an HTC One for a few months (I wasn't a WP convert until the original HTC Titan came out, and was a diehard Android user before that, having owned EVERY major flagship phone). You won't regret the switch. The ONLY thing I miss about Android is Google Now. If you can get over that until Cortana comes out, you will be more than happy with the 1520.
    That is almost exactly it! I use Google now quite a bit so I am a little reluctant to leave it, but I know I could get over it.

Sent from my HTC One using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    12-05-2013 01:30 PM
    I ordered the 1520! It should come today. I got it on sale for $450 and with the $300 I can sell the HTC One for I will have essentially bought the 1520 for $150.
    Jazmac likes this.
    12-20-2013 08:01 AM