Technobuffalo unimpressed with the call quality of 1520

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't sweat that part of his review especially where sound quality is concerned. That's subjective at best.

He has improved his opinion about the OS and its functionality over time. He's a size freak. The only thing that turns these cats on is hardware. In this regard he had nothing but good things to say about the phone. What was most notable in his review is his comments on the apps. His comments fall in line with what Microsoft has been saying some time ago, we have 90 percent of the biggest apps being used in the market. With Instagram, and Vine (official) showing up, they have to find a new argument. Which is why he mentioned google now, which in my opinion not half bad while Microsoft's is still under wraps.
All in all, TB giving the phone an 8.5 is admirable and not bad for Nokia's first phablet.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't sweat that part of his review especially where sound quality is concerned. That's subjective at best.

He has improved his opinion about the OS and its functionality over time. He's a size freak. The only thing that turns these cats on is hardware. In this regard he had nothing but good things to say about the phone. What was most notable in his review is his comments on the apps. His comments fall in line with what Microsoft has been saying some time ago, we have 90 percent of the biggest apps being used in the market. With Instagram, and Vine (official) showing up, they have to find a new argument. Which is why he mentioned google now, which in my opinion not half bad while Microsoft's is still under wraps.
All in all, TB giving the phone an 8.5 is admirable and not bad for Nokia's first phablet.

But the way he commented on Call Quality. Do you guys still feel the same about? I know nokia has the best call quality in the world. So what is your openion with the call quality of 1520, which is supposed to have HD call quality

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
But I?m glad we still include it, because there?s something up with the Lumia 1520?s call quality. On almost every occasion I used the phone, I was told I sounded garbled and that there was a terrible echo.

Oh god. Not this again. I went through this with my Titan and one of the many reasons for switching to Nokia for my next WP is for call quality. This had better be just his phone or I'm going to flip out...

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If this is a real issue I will not be buying this phone tomorrow. I guess I would think when making a phone the most important factor would be how the phone quality is. Seems like a big miss.

Oh god. Not this again. I went through this with my Titan and one of the many reasons for switching to Nokia for my next WP is for call quality. This had better be just his phone or I'm going to flip out...

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I will say this. We AT&T Titan folk spent the last 2 years waiting for firmware and system updates that never came. HTC actually released a global firmware to address the issue but AT&T never did anything. I am running the shipping WP7.5 OS and firmware. At least with Nokia I feel like there's a good chance for stuff like this to be fixed.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
"not that bad"? I would just like to hear how it compares to the 5s and Note 3. The note isn't anything to write home about.

I don't own a note or 5s but my brother does and from what I can tell there is not much difference.

When I said not that bad I mean I don't have any major issues with call quality. I had an issue with reception but that seemed to be fixed with a sim card change.

Having owned a Lumia 810, 920, 928, and 1020...the 1520 is the best Lumia to date for me. It has a very loud speaker and the calls are clear and I don't have any complaints from callers.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Glad this issue was broght up, and thanks to all that responded. Call quality is a top 3 item to me. This 1520 is a tough call for me. Love that the boxes are getting checked for me.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I read this comparision between Lumia 1520 and Note 3, where Lumia 1520 has outclassed Note 3 in every department except the weight and lack of AMOLED. Even in this review both the devices are considered to have average call quality, they have even stated that with note 3 (Samsung is considered to be one of the worst in terms of call quality) the call is bit loud, but with Lumia 1520 the speakerphone is way louder.

I hope that an upcoming firmware update addresses this call issue. I know that Nokia can compromize it design, for call quality. 1520 being bigger, was though to have bigger antennas for better signal reception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa