Speaker issues watch out for this

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have had my L1520 sense launch day morning when I picked it up from my nearest AT&T store. I am one of those sensitive to the size of this phone I won't hold it to my ear when talking on the phone. For this reason I always use a Bluetooth. Yesterday I left the house without my Bluetooth. My only choice was to use the speaker phone or to hold the phone to my ear. I got a bunch of early morning calls so I retreated to my truck to use my speaker phone to return the calls. About 15 seconds into the first call the speaker volume started to fade. Now get this is sounds fine at first no issue. I was on hold with music playing the sound was fine then started to fade out to almost zero. At that point the speaker starts to crackle. I turned off speaker phone and hold the pone to my ear and it sounded fine. I turned speaker phone back on it sounds fine for about 15 seconds or so then same thing. I got through that call and reset the phone. I played some music to test and that sounds fine through the complete song. Must have been a bad signal right? I make another call same thing about 15 seconds or so in speaker problems again. This went on for about 10 calls. After my calls I started testing everything after a few different tests it was doing this on music, games, even when typing long messages the keyboard taps would start to fade. Its odd that it would sound fine at first then get bad after a few seconds. To me that is a software issue not hardware. What would make hardware fade after time? Regardless f what it is I am not happy so I head off to the AT&T store

I took the device to the AT&T store to show them. They issues a DOA on that device and replaced it with a new Lumia 1520. This is a different device in many ways. For one the buttons stick out more on the side. My first L1520 the buttons set flush with the body. I actually had to push them past flush this was odd to me coming from a L925 where the buttons stick out, way out then don't reach flush with the body even when pushed all the way in. On this new L1520 the buttons stick out when pressed they just barley reach flush. Now to the speaker. The speaker on this device is not as loud as the first one but it sounds more solid like it has more bass or something. I really thing my first L1520 was a bad build. If you are like me and don't use the main speaker much check that speaker out make sure its working now before you reach you 14 days.

How is your main speaker and buttons are you having any issue with these? How is that build quality?

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually had this problem when I picked up the phone last Friday. Sound seemed to keep fading. At one point the speaker stopped working all together. I was going to return it on Sunday but after shutting the phone down and restarting I haven't had that issue since. As for the buttons and build quality they are fine.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
How is your main speaker and buttons are you having any issue with these? How is that build quality?

My side buttons feel very flimsy. They are actually very loose and with a lot of play before the actual buttons get pressed. My main speaker has been fine thus far. I have the phone set up perfectly and everything is the way I like it. I'm not sure if I should get a new one or not.

BernMHP

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
As I've just ordered a international variant of Lumia 1520, I hope that these issues mentioned in the forum are just limited to AT&T exclusive model thanks to their weird "MODIFICATION" of the super awesome device.

But 'fraid not people, most of the issues found sounds like software issue, so with the record of Nokia, we are pretty much confident that they will release a update very soon to fix all the problems. Just like how they did with Lumia 920, Lumia 900 etc.

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The build on my phone is excellent. Unfortunately I'm suffering from the speaker issue. I plan to exchange the device tomorrow at the MSFT store. I hope my next device doesn't have more issues than this one.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My build quality is excellent also. The buttons on the side are "very slightly raised", less raised from my previous lumias but since I'm used to the button placement I don't have a problem with it. I can see how someone new to Nokia could have an issue with it. I have no problems with my speaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs