Data Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1520 and it is missing data sense, is there a way to install it on my phone? I checked the store but I can't find it.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It's not a separate app that can be downloaded through the store. It is built into the rom by MS. The wonderful carrier know as AT&T has decided their customers don't need it and has therefore, kindly asked MS to remove it from AT&T branded roms. It's the only thing I miss from my 920.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not a separate app that can be downloaded through the store. It is built into the rom by MS. The wonderful carrier know as AT&T has decided their customers don't need it and has therefore, kindly asked MS to remove it from AT&T branded roms. It's the only thing I miss from my 920.

this is why I am hesitant in getting another att phone, I unbranded my 920 to enable data sense. Having only a 200mb data plan makes this feature is vital.

Even if att does not support the backend compression, the data usage counter works and is perfectly current to what's used, unlike relying on att , either myatt app or *data# because that measurement is delayed by up to an hour.

How MS allows a carrier to strip a feature from their OS is beyond me.

KiwiBird97

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
this is why I am hesitant in getting another att phone, I unbranded my 920 to enable data sense. Having only a 200mb data plan makes this feature is vital.

Even if att does not support the backend compression, the data usage counter works and is perfectly current to what's used, unlike relying on att , either myatt app or *data# because that measurement is delayed by up to an hour.

How MS allows a carrier to strip a feature from their OS is beyond me.

Update to Windows Phone 8.1 beta to resolve this issue. Data Sense should now work for a few months or so, but what if AT&T confirms that it will NOT support Data Sense at all in the future? That is the question you should know about.

I tried it on my AT&T Samsung ATIV S Neo and Data Sense was there at last.

AMRooke

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I also had to unbrand our L920s to get Data Sense (with the additional benefit of having Internet Sharing, without allowing AT&T to charge again for data we have already purchased). The carriers are the biggest problem with WP in the US. I hope that MS can get around them, and perhaps then the platform can start to grow (just try to find selection or knowledgeable sales staff in most of the carriers' stores).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs