15% recharge/hour? Really?

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I just tested the recharge rate on my 1520 with a 2 amp charger. It went from 31% to 46% in an hour.

This phone has the Snapdragon 800, which supports fast charging. I suspect they disabled it to protect the longevity of the battery (or WP8 just doesn't support it), but 15%/hour is beyond ridiculous. With a battery this large, a faster charge rate is even more important. For comparison sake, the Note 3 charges around 1%/minute (60%/hour).

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I just tested the recharge rate on my 1520 with a 2 amp charger. It went from 31% to 46% in an hour.

This phone has the Snapdragon 800, which supports fast charging. I suspect they disabled it to protect the longevity of the battery (or WP8 just doesn't support it), but 15%/hour is beyond ridiculous. With a battery this large, a faster charge rate is even more important. For comparison sake, the Note 3 charges around 1%/minute (60%/hour).
were you using it while charging?

MrVol84

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

Same here bro.. The phone takes forever to charge up!

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Didn't really check what the recharge rate is on the 1520 and frankly, I don't know if I ever will. This beast easily takes me though a full day so I plug it in at night and that's it...

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Didn't really check what the recharge rate is on the 1520 and frankly, I don't know if I ever will. This beast easily takes me though a full day so I plug it in at night and that's it...

Most of the time, that will be true. It won't be until you run it extra low one day and need a quick charge before you go out that it'll matter.

The technology is there. I don't understand why they limited it so badly.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I can recharge my battery from 30% to full in a little over an hour.

..something is wrong with your phone

I find that hard to believe. Several reviews mentioned the slow recharge rate. And I have tested mine with several cables. Unless you have a magic one that charges faster than everyone else, I'm calling bull.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I find that hard to believe. Several reviews mentioned the slow recharge rate. And I have tested mine with several cables. Unless you have a magic one that charges faster than everyone else, I'm calling bull.

you really don't know not all chargers provide the same charge??

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
as far as I know, a 2 amp charger is on the high end
usb charges at .5 amp

if you are only getting 15%/hour with a 2 amp charger then it is definitely your individual phone and not a characteristic of the 1520 in general

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Boy some people will cry about anything. smh

So when you buy a product and it doesn't perform to your expectations, you just roll over and take it? You don't voice your concerns or report the issue? Manufacturers must love you, bro. They don't even have to try and make a quality product to get your money.

Fyi: Raising a concern in a forum isn't crying. Just because it doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean it's not an issue. If it doesn't affect you then move along and spare us you pointless troll replies.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
ok... Maybe read what I quoted again. Lol.

Lawl point? Lawl?

Or do you even have one? I said I tested with a 2 amp charger, so I don't see what you were getting at. Care to explain? The stock charger is 1.5 amps. Neither one charged the phone quickly.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
as far as I know, a 2 amp charger is on the high end
usb charges at .5 amp

if you are only getting 15%/hour with a 2 amp charger then it is definitely your individual phone and not a characteristic of the 1520 in general

Neither the 2 amp charger or the stock 1.5 amp charger gives me more than a 17%/hr recharge rate. And the phone doesn't have anything draining while it's charging.

This review specifically called out the slow charging, but I was hoping it was a bad review unit: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/11/nokia-lumia-1520-review/

Other users have also mentioned a slow recharge rate.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
people aren't bashing on you because you raised the issue
as you stated, it is beneficial to everyone to come onto a community such as this and bring it to everyone's attention

..but when you attack other members and imply that they are lying without having empirical evidence to back your claim
well...then this happens

its not the 1520, its your specific device, just go exchange it if you are still within the return period
or do a warranty swap

but don't accuse people of lying or not being able to comprehend your posts

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
people aren't bashing on you because you raised the issue
as you stated, it is beneficial to everyone to come onto a community such as this and bring it to everyone's attention

..but when you attack other members and imply that they are lying without having empirical evidence to back your claim
well...then this happens

its not the 1520, its your specific device, just go exchange it if you are still within the return period
or do a warranty swap

but don't accuse people of lying or not being able to comprehend your posts

Whenever someone raises a concern in a forum, no matter how many people confirm the issue or how much empirical evidence there is that it's a real issue, there's always that one guy who posts and says "mine is fine. No issue here". This is usually a result of the person either not understanding the issue, or simply unwilling to accept that something is wrong with their device. I buy a lot of devices, participate in a lot of forums, and see this a lot.

I may have improperly assumed you were "that guy" and I apologize. But I have seen more people confirm slow charging than I have seen saying it's fine. And my experience with the HTC One shows that manufacturers can and will disable fast charge on select devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb