15% recharge/hour? Really?

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Though i don't have a 1520 but i will buy it one day if it come to India. I hope if this issue doesn't happen to me

Sent from my Awesome Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm only getting between 10% & 11% per hour recharge rate on my 1520 with the supplied Nokia 1.5A charger. The other thing I've noticed, compared to my 920, is that when using Internet Sharing with my 1520 plugged in and charging, again with the supplied Nokia charger, that it drains faster that it charges. On the 920 it would charge even while using Internet Sharing. I'm going to run it all the way down today and then let it charge all the way back up. I know, from past experience, that sometimes it takes a few cycles of discharging and charging before getting the best battery life and recharge speed.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm only getting between 10% & 11% per hour recharge rate on my 1520 with the supplied Nokia 1.5A charger. The other thing I've noticed, compared to my 920, is that when using Internet Sharing with my 1520 plugged in and charging, again with the supplied Nokia charger, that it drains faster that it charges. On the 920 it would charge even while using Internet Sharing. I'm going to run it all the way down today and then let it charge all the way back up. I know, from past experience, that sometimes it takes a few cycles of discharging and charging before getting the best battery life and recharge speed.

Wow, that's some BS that I put up with back in my Touch Pro days. I thought we were well beyond that. Hopefully it's a matter of time before it begins charging faster, or something.

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
The Battery app says my 1520 recharges at about 20%/hour with the included Nokia USB wall charger. I'm seeing a higher charge rate (about 30%/hour) in real life, though, when I let it charge overnight.

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Using the supplied charger I was getting over 40% per hour according to my "Insider" app when plugged into a wall socket. I didn't keep track how much above a 40% per hour charge rate it eventually got to but in under 2 hours I went from ~22% to a full battery. It does charge ridiculously slow off a normal USB port though, when compared to a wall socket.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I am using zapi batter it say my Lumia 520 charges at 40% per hour. But MY BATTER WENT from 10% to 100% in one hour.

Totalt bakwas calculation. As a engineering students i can guess that batter recharging is not constant. When batter is low it recharges slower and as it goes higer it recharges faster. It simple chemical(law of mass action???)

Just. Like at bigining blowing a ballon is hard. But it becomes easier as it inflates.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using zapi batter it say my Lumia 520 charges at 40% per hour. But MY BATTER WENT from 10% to 100% in one hour.

Totalt bakwas calculation. As a engineering students i can guess that batter recharging is not constant. When batter is low it recharges slower and as it goes higer it recharges faster. It simple chemical(law of mass action???)

Just. Like at bigining blowing a ballon is hard. But it becomes easier as it inflates.

Actually the opposite is generally true. Usually the battery charges faster from a low powered state and slows down as it approaches 100% to help prevent overcharging.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually the opposite is generally true. Usually the battery charges faster from a low powered state and slows down as it approaches 100% to help prevent overcharging.

i have seen just the opposite to happen @ always.
Li batter have capacitor to prevent over charge

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
i have seen just the opposite to happen @ always.
Li batter have capacitor to prevent over charge

Then you are seeing something that is the exact opposite of reality. LiPo batteries typically utilize rapid charging for the first 50-80% when rapid charge tech is in use. Then they charge the remaining bit at a slower rate to prevent overcharging or overheating the cells in the battery.

Talk to any engineer and they'll tell you that in the cases of quick charge kits that any proper unit will charge fast initially and then slow down the charge over time. The really smart units can ramp up and down based on what they detect in terms of temperature and individual cell wear. This is usually referred to as pulse charging.

Not that it really applies here since I don't think Nokia has that tech built in on these devices.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Then you are seeing something that is the exact opposite of reality. LiPo batteries typically utilize rapid charging for the first 50-80% when rapid charge tech is in use. Then they charge the remaining bit at a slower rate to prevent overcharging or overheating the cells in the battery.

Talk to any engineer and they'll tell you that in the cases of quick charge kits that any proper unit will charge fast initially and then slow down the charge over time. The really smart units can ramp up and down based on what they detect in terms of temperature and individual cell wear. This is usually referred to as pulse charging.

Not that it really applies here since I don't think Nokia has that tech built in on these devices.

will ask a engineer for sure.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok i live chated with a nokia guy. They said they cant comment on a 3rd party site(can some one raise this issu in nokia forum???)
But he also said 15% per hour is impossible.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here's what I've done and my results.

1) Ran battery all the way dead until my 1520 shut itself down. I then let it cool off. N.O.V.A. 3 is a great game, which I love, but it is sure a battery hog!! Still took me almost 3 hours to get it to die.

2) Put it on the Nokia supplied 1.5A charger. I did not turn any background task off or change any setting on the phone. It took about 1 minute on the charger before the phone booted back up.

3) I let it go for about an hour before checking anything. For the first time since I've had my 1520 the charger actually got very warm. Not hot or overly warm but what I would expect when it's working at capacity. The nice thing was that the phone was completely cool to the touch.

4) When I opened my Battery app, the one by Enless Soft LTD, and set the date to one day I saw that it was charging at 40%/hour. This continued until about 85% charged.

5) Above 85% it dropped down to about 12%/hour. It did get to the 85% in about 2 hours but full charge took 3 hours and 10 minutes. That is not to shabby at all! Again this was from a completely dead battery to full charge with very little usage while charging.

So, I think my issue had always been that my battery was somewhere around the 80% charged point when I was noticing the lower, 10%-11%, charging rate.

One more thing that has happened since I did the complete discharge and re-charge is that now when tethered and charging it stays completely charged or charges up to 100%. Before it would continually discharge.

Just my experience but I hope this helps.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok i live chated with a nokia guy. They said they cant comment on a 3rd party site(can some one raise this issu in nokia forum???)
But he also said 15% per hour is impossible.

I'm not sure what to tell you, but I doubt he's the most qualified person to talk to. When I tested, I conducted the tests using 1) A clock and, and 2) The battery percentage meter in Battery saver, not a 3rd party app. Since I can add and I can tell time, I can tell you that it most certainly did charge that slowly.

That being said, it seemed to be the charger. Subsequent charges with both the stock charger and another 2 amp charger give me a much faster rate, 40%/hr or more.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So the battery charging faster until about 80% and the issue being with the 3rd party charger....both items I posted proven in the last 2 posts.

Thanks for confirming guys. (No I don't mean that in a sarcastic or a 'told you so' kind of way)

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
So what's the conclusions ? Nokia Lumia 1520 charges slowly as it has a bigger batter?

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
no, the conclusion is that it charges just as fast as any other 3000+mah battery out there

it fast charges up until about 80%, then charges at a slightly slower rate until the battery is full

there is nothing wrong with the device in general, however there may or may not be something wrong with individual devices

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
no, the conclusion is that it charges just as fast as any other 3000+mah battery out there

it fast charges up until about 80%, then charges at a slightly slower rate until the battery is full

there is nothing wrong with the device in general, however there may or may not be something wrong with individual devices

this means its my next device.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I experienced a slower rate than that when plugged into my PC. However, the charge was rapid when using the included AC adapter. The battery charge graphs showed a remarkable difference.

I think there may be more to it than the total amps a charger can support. That doesn't mean the phone will try to draw all that power.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I think there may be more to it than the total amps a charger can support. That doesn't mean the phone will try to draw all that power.
The more to it is 1) cheapo goods that hardly ever meet their claims, and 2) crappy and/or longer cables with higher voltage drop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos