12-04-2013 01:20 AM
61 123
tools
    I just tested the recharge rate on my 1520 with a 2 amp charger. It went from 31% to 46% in an hour.

This phone has the Snapdragon 800, which supports fast charging. I suspect they disabled it to protect the longevity of the battery (or WP8 just doesn't support it), but 15%/hour is beyond ridiculous. With a battery this large, a faster charge rate is even more important. For comparison sake, the Note 3 charges around 1%/minute (60%/hour).
    11-28-2013 07:21 PM
    I just tested the recharge rate on my 1520 with a 2 amp charger. It went from 31% to 46% in an hour.

This phone has the Snapdragon 800, which supports fast charging. I suspect they disabled it to protect the longevity of the battery (or WP8 just doesn't support it), but 15%/hour is beyond ridiculous. With a battery this large, a faster charge rate is even more important. For comparison sake, the Note 3 charges around 1%/minute (60%/hour).
    were you using it while charging?
    11-28-2013 07:34 PM
    I can recharge my battery from 30% to full in a little over an hour.

..something is wrong with your phone
    11-28-2013 08:45 PM
    You're probably using another charger, not the Nokia one. That's what happened to me.
    11-28-2013 08:48 PM

Same here bro.. The phone takes forever to charge up!
    gravage likes this.
    11-28-2013 08:48 PM
    Didn't really check what the recharge rate is on the 1520 and frankly, I don't know if I ever will. This beast easily takes me though a full day so I plug it in at night and that's it...
    Jazmac likes this.
    11-28-2013 09:09 PM
    Didn't really check what the recharge rate is on the 1520 and frankly, I don't know if I ever will. This beast easily takes me though a full day so I plug it in at night and that's it...
    Most of the time, that will be true. It won't be until you run it extra low one day and need a quick charge before you go out that it'll matter.

The technology is there. I don't understand why they limited it so badly.
    11-28-2013 10:50 PM
    I can recharge my battery from 30% to full in a little over an hour.

..something is wrong with your phone
    I find that hard to believe. Several reviews mentioned the slow recharge rate. And I have tested mine with several cables. Unless you have a magic one that charges faster than everyone else, I'm calling bull.
    11-28-2013 10:52 PM
    Boy some people will cry about anything. smh
    gsquared and raul_junior like this.
    11-28-2013 11:10 PM
    Do you enjoy being proven wrong?
    Way more than your claimed 15% recharge per hour ...Like I said, something is wrong with your phone

wp_ss_20131128_0002.jpg
    hipporama, maj71303 and Jazmac like this.
    11-28-2013 11:33 PM
    I find that hard to believe. Several reviews mentioned the slow recharge rate. And I have tested mine with several cables. Unless you have a magic one that charges faster than everyone else, I'm calling bull.
    you really don't know not all chargers provide the same charge??
    11-28-2013 11:45 PM
    you really don't know not all chargers provide the same charge??
    Did you really not see where I mentioned using a 2 amp charger in my original post?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    11-28-2013 11:48 PM
    as far as I know, a 2 amp charger is on the high end
    usb charges at .5 amp

if you are only getting 15%/hour with a 2 amp charger then it is definitely your individual phone and not a characteristic of the 1520 in general
    Kenny HongWei likes this.
    11-28-2013 11:53 PM
    Did you really not see where I mentioned using a 2 amp charger in my original post?

ok... Maybe read what I quoted again. Lol.
    superlawyer15 likes this.
    11-28-2013 11:54 PM
    Boy some people will cry about anything. smh
    So when you buy a product and it doesn't perform to your expectations, you just roll over and take it? You don't voice your concerns or report the issue? Manufacturers must love you, bro. They don't even have to try and make a quality product to get your money.

Fyi: Raising a concern in a forum isn't crying. Just because it doesn't affect you personally, doesn't mean it's not an issue. If it doesn't affect you then move along and spare us you pointless troll replies.

11-28-2013 11:57 PM
    ok... Maybe read what I quoted again. Lol.
    Lawl point? Lawl?

Or do you even have one? I said I tested with a 2 amp charger, so I don't see what you were getting at. Care to explain? The stock charger is 1.5 amps. Neither one charged the phone quickly.

11-29-2013 12:01 AM
    as far as I know, a 2 amp charger is on the high end
    usb charges at .5 amp

if you are only getting 15%/hour with a 2 amp charger then it is definitely your individual phone and not a characteristic of the 1520 in general
    Neither the 2 amp charger or the stock 1.5 amp charger gives me more than a 17%/hr recharge rate. And the phone doesn't have anything draining while it's charging.

This review specifically called out the slow charging, but I was hoping it was a bad review unit: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/11/nok...a-1520-review/

Other users have also mentioned a slow recharge rate.

11-29-2013 12:06 AM
    people aren't bashing on you because you raised the issue
    as you stated, it is beneficial to everyone to come onto a community such as this and bring it to everyone's attention

..but when you attack other members and imply that they are lying without having empirical evidence to back your claim
    well...then this happens

its not the 1520, its your specific device, just go exchange it if you are still within the return period
    or do a warranty swap

but don't accuse people of lying or not being able to comprehend your posts
    hipporama likes this.
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    people aren't bashing on you because you raised the issue
    as you stated, it is beneficial to everyone to come onto a community such as this and bring it to everyone's attention

..but when you attack other members and imply that they are lying without having empirical evidence to back your claim
    well...then this happens

its not the 1520, its your specific device, just go exchange it if you are still within the return period
    or do a warranty swap

but don't accuse people of lying or not being able to comprehend your posts
    Whenever someone raises a concern in a forum, no matter how many people confirm the issue or how much empirical evidence there is that it's a real issue, there's always that one guy who posts and says "mine is fine. No issue here". This is usually a result of the person either not understanding the issue, or simply unwilling to accept that something is wrong with their device. I buy a lot of devices, participate in a lot of forums, and see this a lot.

I may have improperly assumed you were "that guy" and I apologize. But I have seen more people confirm slow charging than I have seen saying it's fine. And my experience with the HTC One shows that manufacturers can and will disable fast charge on select devices.

11-29-2013 12:14 AM
    were you using it while charging?
    Not at all. Screen off with nothing running in the background.

11-29-2013 12:16 AM
    thanks for apologizing, its hard to come across mature internet forum users
    I wish you the best in fixing your problem

as a side note, I looked at the battery logs for the two other 1520s in my household and both appear very similar to mine
    I would just exchange the one you have
    11-29-2013 12:23 AM

as a side note, I looked at the battery logs for the two other 1520s in my household and both appear very similar to mine
    sorry go take this off topic slightly, but what app are you using to test your battery rate?
    Last edited by Jas00555; 11-29-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    11-29-2013 12:32 AM
    I cant check the exact rate
    only what I can infer from the graph

the name of the app is simply "battery"

if you type that in the search field in the store, it is the second app
    11-29-2013 12:41 AM

Yeah, I'll look into an exchange. Forgive me if I wait until after Black Friday, though.

11-29-2013 12:42 AM
    My Lumia 520 charger at 60% per hour. As 1520 has about 2.5 time more BIGGER batter its Expected to Charger SLOWER. That why there is WIRELESS CHARGING. This phone should run more even With low % of batter as it has more juice.
    Also note 3 batter is smaller so its expected to works better. By the way you mesurment were made by an app not by your self. Try a bit more testing with other battery app and come back

Sent from my Awesome Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    11-29-2013 07:48 AM
61 123